+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

Natasha S

Jun 13, 2022
Need help!

I had received the passport request on the day i got married. The same day (March 24,2022) i filled an IRCC enquiry form and informed them about the status change.
As i did not hear back from IRCC, I had to comply with the 30 days window if submitting my passport.
Further i received my stamped passport in a couple of weeks. On the day i received my passport i again raised an enquiry form for the status change.
My COPR says i cannot land in Canada if any change in my status is not taken into account by IRCC , even if i land i will never be able to sponsor my spouse. I have to land before Dec 15, 2022.
Its been almost more than 2 months and i have not received any response from IRCC.
Any suggestions please!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Need help!

I had received the passport request on the day i got married. The same day (March 24,2022) i filled an IRCC enquiry form and informed them about the status change.
As i did not hear back from IRCC, I had to comply with the 30 days window if submitting my passport.
Further i received my stamped passport in a couple of weeks. On the day i received my passport i again raised an enquiry form for the status change.
My COPR says i cannot land in Canada if any change in my status is not taken into account by IRCC , even if i land i will never be able to sponsor my spouse. I have to land before Dec 15, 2022.
Its been almost more than 2 months and i have not received any response from IRCC.
Any suggestions please!
Do not land with your current COPR (with status single). They are serious about never be able to sponsor your spouse. You will get new COPRs and the expirey date do not apply (since new COPRs will have new expirey date)

Read up this discussion to see how others had gone through or is going through to add their spouse. Your spouse needs to go through medical, police and security check and once your application is approve with your spouse, then there will be new COPRs for you and your spouse to land.

Natasha S

Jun 13, 2022
Do not land with your current COPR (with status single). They are serious about never be able to sponsor your spouse. You will get new COPRs and the expirey date do not apply (since new COPRs will have new expirey date)

Read up this discussion to see how others had gone through or is going through to add their spouse. Your spouse needs to go through medical, police and security check and once your application is approve with your spouse, then there will be new COPRs for you and your spouse to land.
Thank you for you reply..
My spouse has done his PCC, upfront medical, we have filled all the required forms and questionnaires. We plan to upload the entire deck in a new enquiry form. Should that be ok?
Also we've been trying to call IRCC but can never get through. Does anybody have any alternate number or a specific timing we should try?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My spouse has done his PCC, upfront medical, we have filled all the required forms and questionnaires. We plan to upload the entire deck in a new enquiry form. Should that be ok?
Also we've been trying to call IRCC but can never get through. Does anybody have any alternate number or a specific timing we should try?
I think this is similar but not at a slightly earlier stage. follow the advice from RSub

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/adding-spouse-to-pr-application-post-aor-please-join-here.613286/post-10077659

First of all, do the medicals. Then, reach out to IRCC via phone or webform and ask why your husband hasn't been added. Also, did you apply for your GCMS notes? Sometimes GCMS notes will have more information that what you see on your online portal.

Reactions: Natasha S and RSub

MoikFisher

Mar 18, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I requested to add my spouse after my AOR and I received a letter stating I need to submit IMM008 form along with other forms, My spouse PCC, e-medical, pics etc.

My question is that I have been provided only one slot to upload docs which is named as Kit documents. I know IMM008 form has bar codes. I have to submit imm5406 forms as well and this file alone is 2 Mb so I don't want to play with the forms. How else am I supposed to submit my docs? Should I raise a webform? I don't think I can provide all the info which they require in only one 4 Mb slot. Please help

Thanks for your suggestion

Divagg

Dec 9, 2021
Please how do can I get the forms to filled?

kishenpj

Jan 31, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I requested to add my spouse after my AOR and I received a letter stating I need to submit IMM008 form along with other forms, My spouse PCC, e-medical, pics etc.

My question is that I have been provided only one slot to upload docs which is named as Kit documents. I know IMM008 form has bar codes. I have to submit imm5406 forms as well and this file alone is 2 Mb so I don't want to play with the forms. How else am I supposed to submit my docs? Should I raise a webform? I don't think I can provide all the info which they require in only one 4 Mb slot. Please help

Thanks for your suggestion
Just send a webform with remaining documents.

IbtiZaifa

Jan 6, 2021
Hi Everyone, need help with something, after sending request for spouse addition in February this year, I paid the fees including RPRF and biometrics in Feb as well while sending rest of docs via webform, now they have again requested the following documents, the catch is first time when I paid the fees it was not the revised one as now the fees is increased, plus what to Upload in Payment Receipt section and RPRF section? Should I upload the same receipt in both sections?

Payment Receipt: Payment Receipt
RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee of $515.00 is required
Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s)

john_lfa

Jun 10, 2022
Hey guys !
I got married after receiving my COPR. I informed through webform and asked me to send back my passport and COPR document so it would be canceled and I would receive updated documents after my spouse passed through all the validations.
I sent my passport to the Canadian consulate in Brazil , but never got it back, it's been a month now. Is it normal? Do they keep it until my spouse is approved ?

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
Hi Everyone, I'm getting married with a Canadian citizen (born and raised in Canada) after e-AOR. Do I need to include her in my PR application even when she is not applying for PR? Would this delay my application?
I thought I'd have PR before the wedding but we had some delays requesting a document and now we are not sure what to do.

Thanks!!

DArk91

Dec 8, 2020
FSW-inland
AOR: March 2020

GCMS Notes - May 13th
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Blank
Criminality: Passed
Medical:in process (expired-received request May 9th after an officer review for admissibility-now passed)
Info Sharing: Complete

Got married (out land) May 7th - informed IRCC same day, got document request May 16th.

I uploaded all the documents, upfront meds, proof of funds, and old biometrics for my wife on June 2nd.
The system updated her as a dependant (got an email about an update) and accepted her old biometrics on June 9th.
Ghost update June 30th.

Notes for GCMS notes on May 13th:
May 9
****Officer Admissibility review****
Security Redacted-requested re-med

Dec 10, 2021.
****Officer Admissibility review****
Criminality passed.

Any ideas on what to expect now?

callebe

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm filling the IMM 008 for my spouse as I've got married after AOR.

Should I add my UCI on her IMM 008?

IbtiZaifa

Jan 6, 2021
Hi, appreciate if anyone could help me, I got two separate placeholders after my spouse addition request, 1. PAYMENT RECEIPT and 2. RPRF, I am confused what to upload in Payment receipt placeholder?