+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

krithishankar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2021
Hi,

I received the same request. Did you combine all the documents? I am not able to compress all the docs under 4mb. Can we submit few docs via web form????
Yeah, I put them all as one pdf - came around 4MB. In the request letter they had mentioned max 5MB is allowed.

Reactions: RSub

krithishankar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2021
Hi were you asked to pay the RPRF fees? If so how did you upload it?

Also, did you write the names in native language in a separate imm 5406 form or wrote in the same imm 5406 form where you wrote your names in English?
For the fees, they have a link to pay the fees (https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en). You can go here and pay your applicable fees.

For the names, I used online translators to get the name in native language and attached it in a separate word doc.

Reactions: RSub

krithishankar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2021
Hey everyone, Had a quick question - My husband had applied for PCC and the purpose in the letter is written as LONG TERM VISA/STAY. Is that an acceptable one for PR application or how does it impact the application? Anyone here with similar experiences, your thoughts would be helpful. Thanks

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hey everyone, Had a quick question - My husband had applied for PCC and the purpose in the letter is written as LONG TERM VISA/STAY. Is that an acceptable one for PR application or how does it impact the application? Anyone here with similar experiences, your thoughts would be helpful. Thanks
Did you mention that you need the PCC for Canadian immigration? I do see many got a similar PCC like yours and had no issues.

krithishankar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2021
Did you mention that you need the PCC for Canadian immigration? I do see many got a similar PCC like yours and had no issues.
Yeah so he had applied from the US through VFS Global. He mentioned it's for Canada and the purpose he chose there was Long Term instead of Residence permit(which is what I have in my PCC). Now am a bit worried whether that would cause any impact to the application.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Yeah so he had applied from the US through VFS Global. He mentioned it's for Canada and the purpose he chose there was Long Term instead of Residence permit(which is what I have in my PCC). Now am a bit worried whether that would cause any impact to the application.
Oh boy. Contact IRCC via WebForm and ask them directly. Don't take chances.

Reactions: krithishankar

DreamerTN

May 9, 2022
Hi everyone ;

I want to share with you my timeline ... i'm getting confused ..

- Got my ITA :JUNE 2020 - AOR:SEPT 2020

- BIOMETRICS and MEDICAL : passed OCT 2020

- Got married : DEC-2020

- Got request for my Husband's documents : DEC-2021 !! :(

- Send all documents : DEC-2021 ... they aknowledged receipt of the documents

- After 5 monthes ... Today they're sending me Today MAY-2022 to redo MEDICALS ... And my Husband still not Added to my Profile :/ !!

Did anyone had this case before ? is that normal ? ... Are they gonna add him later in the profile ?

Please tell me what are the next steps that i have to wait for ..and the timeline need ..i'm starting to get worry ...

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi everyone ;

- After 5 monthes ... Today they're sending me Today MAY-2022 to redo MEDICALS ... And my Husband still not Added to my Profile :/ !!

Did anyone had this case before ? is that normal ? ... Are they gonna add him later in the profile ?

Please tell me what are the next steps that i have to wait for ..and the timeline need ..i'm starting to get worry ...
First of all, do the medicals. Then, reach out to IRCC via phone or webform and ask why your husband hasn't been added. Also, did you apply for your GCMS notes? Sometimes GCMS notes will have more information that what you see on your online portal.

Simi8088

May 24, 2020
Hi everyone ;

This happened with me and I submitted Medicals then got PPR in 4 days as single then again struggle started to add my spouse!! So better raise webform and email them or call

Reactions: DreamerTN

Simi8088

May 24, 2020
@legalfalcon Sir please urgently suggest what needs to be done here:
I received PPR for myself while no communication for my Canada inland spouse is received till now who is added as dependent in my profile. No virtual landing instructions received so far and I have already submitted my passport for stamping!!
Please suggest !!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Sir please urgently suggest what needs to be done here:
I received PPR for myself while no communication for my Canada inland spouse is received till now who is added as dependent in my profile. No virtual landing instructions received so far and I have already submitted my passport for stamping!!
Please suggest !!

If an individual is in Canada and is a dependent, they can only be provided e-COPR when the primary applicant lands in Canada and is admitted as a PR. A dependent cannot be given a PR status before the primary applicant acquires it by landing in Canada as a PR.

Since the PR status for individuals in Canada is automatically given upon the issuance of e-COPR, it will not happen until you land in Canada as a PR.

Simi8088

May 24, 2020
If an individual is in Canada and is a dependent, they can only be provided e-COPR when the primary applicant lands in Canada and is admitted as a PR. A dependent cannot be given a PR status before the primary applicant acquires it by landing in Canada as a PR.

Since the PR status for individuals in Canada is automatically given upon the issuance of e-COPR, it will not happen until you land in Canada as a PR.
@legalfalcon Thankyou so much Sir for your reply and easing my tension!!

kishenpj

Jan 31, 2018
My PR timeline is confusing. Any one been in similar situation before? Estimated processing time says 13 months! I applied in March 2021 (when i was single)
Stream : QSW

Feb 9 > Biometrics request letter
Feb 12 > Pre-arrival services letter
Feb 21 > Got married
March 1 > Added my wife to my appplication
March 8 > Acknowlegement and request for wife's documents and CSQ
March 10 > Added my wife to my CSQ and re-applied on mon-projet quebec
April 12 > Request for my medical (mine only)
May 5 > Got CSQ for both of us and submitted all documents
May 8 > I passed Medical

My application still does not have my spouse name in it. It's been a while i had an update. Not sure what i can do.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
My PR timeline is confusing. Any one been in similar situation before? Estimated processing time says 13 months! I applied in March 2021 (when i was single)
Stream : QSW

Feb 9 > Biometrics request letter
Feb 12 > Pre-arrival services letter
Feb 21 > Got married
March 1 > Added my wife to my appplication
March 8 > Acknowlegement and request for wife's documents and CSQ
March 10 > Added my wife to my CSQ and re-applied on mon-projet quebec
April 12 > Request for my medical (mine only)
May 5 > Got CSQ for both of us and submitted all documents
May 8 > I passed Medical

My application still does not have my spouse name in it. It's been a while i had an update. Not sure what i can do.
IRCC does not follow processing timelines posted on their website.