+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

krithishankar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2021
Hey everyone, I recently requested my spouse to be added to my current PR application and here's the timeline.

Category : EE- FSW Inland
ITA : July 2020 ; AOR : Sep 2020
Medicals passed : Oct 29,2020
Got married Feb 2022, requested to add spouse as accompanying dependent to my application on Mar 13, 2022.
Got request on Mar 17th, 2022 for additional documents for spouse (imm5669, imm008, imm5562, imm5406, PCCs, medicals, marriage proof, photos etc.)
In the meanwhile, got an update that my medicals passed April 4,2022 (no re-medicals requested, it was extended automatically)
Submitted spouse ADRs on April 15th, 2022.

Current status in application profile:
  • Review of Additional Documents -> Not applicable
  • I can see my spouse details as dependent in my profile.
I'd like to know what the likely next steps would be, if anyone is in the same boat it'd be helpful if can your share the timeline as well.

Thanks!

Reactions: baryonix

umesh19

Sep 3, 2021
Hey everyone, I recently requested my spouse to be added to my current PR application and here's the timeline.

Got married Feb 2022, requested to add spouse as accompanying dependent to my application on Mar 13, 2022.
Got request on Mar 17th, 2022 for additional documents for spouse (imm5669, imm008, imm5562, imm5406, PCCs, medicals, marriage proof, photos etc.)
In the meanwhile, got an update that my medicals passed April 4,2022 (no re-medicals requested, it was extended automatically)

I'd like to know what the likely next steps would be, if anyone is in the same boat it'd be helpful if can your share the timeline as well.

Thanks!
mine has almost same timeline. no idea what to do next . i got my spouse name as a dependent on my file with her biometric number. but nothing else. let me know if you get any update on your file. thanks!

krithishankar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2021
mine has almost same timeline. no idea what to do next . i got my spouse name as a dependent on my file with her biometric number. but nothing else. let me know if you get any update on your file. thanks!
Yeah same here! Sure will let you know if any updates. Thanks!

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi @umesh19 and @krithishankar , did IRCC explicitly ask for wedding photos or proof of relationship other than marriage certificate?

For me, I got married and just sent all IMM forms + marriage cert upfront (I didn't wait for them to come back with a list of docs)
Then 3 weeks later I saw spouse details in my Profile
=> but I didn't send any wedding photos, chat messages, etc. to prove the relationship. What about your cases?

Reactions: paneka penalty

krithishankar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2021
Hi @umesh19 and @krithishankar , did IRCC explicitly ask for wedding photos or proof of relationship other than marriage certificate?

For me, I got married and just sent all IMM forms + marriage cert upfront (I didn't wait for them to come back with a list of docs)
Then 3 weeks later I saw spouse details in my Profile
=> but I didn't send any wedding photos, chat messages, etc. to prove the relationship. What about your cases?
Yeah after I got married, I sent in a webform informing about my marriage and requesting to add my spouse to application.

Then they came back in couple days with list of documents required. In that there were all these IMM forms, marriage & relationship photo proofs, marriage certificate, spouse Birth certificate, medicals, relationship assessment questionnaire (this is to be filled my me and spouse separately), PCCs, fee payment receipt.

After I submitted, 2 days later I received a note saying they got my documents and the next day saw my spouse details along with biometrics number(he had submitted biometrics in 2020 for visit visa) added to my profile. And now the "review of additional documents" says "Not applicable".

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Yeah after I got married, I sent in a webform informing about my marriage and requesting to add my spouse to application.

Then they came back in couple days with list of documents required. In that there were all these IMM forms, marriage & relationship photo proofs, marriage certificate, spouse Birth certificate, medicals, relationship assessment questionnaire (this is to be filled my me and spouse separately), PCCs, fee payment receipt.

After I submitted, 2 days later I received a note saying they got my documents and the next day saw my spouse details along with biometrics number(he had submitted biometrics in 2020 for visit visa) added to my profile. And now the "review of additional documents" says "Not applicable".
What's your VO?
Also do you know the IMM form number of the relationship questionnaire?

From other posts in another thread, I don't see they ask for photo proofs and questionnaire, that's why I didnt send any. I'll wait and see then

krithishankar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2021
What's your VO?
Also do you know the IMM form number of the relationship questionnaire?

From other posts in another thread, I don't see they ask for photo proofs and questionnaire, that's why I didnt send any. I'll wait and see then
Primary Vo is Ottawa.
The questionnaire is not an IMM form - they gave a set of questions to be answered by me & my husband in the request letter they sent. We just wrote up them in a word doc and submitted in our application package.

Yeah, may be you can reach out to them to see if they need anything else for your case.

umesh19

Sep 3, 2021
Hi,
I heard that one of the agents was saying adding spouse in between cec express entry can get approval within 6 months for non resident spouse as well. Is this true?

umesh19

Sep 3, 2021

any update on the file after that?

Sarah@18

Apr 27, 2022
AOR: Mar 2021. FSW O applicant. I have received ADR to submit a list of documents and forms for my spouse. I am confused with IMM 0008 form (IRCC has requested for Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP). Do i need to fill two individual forms - one for myself and other for my spouse or only one form. Please advice.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

Thanks!
Hi were you asked to pay the RPRF fees? If so how did you upload it?

Also, did you write the names in native language in a separate imm 5406 form or wrote in the same imm 5406 form where you wrote your names in English?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

Hi,

I received the same request. Did you combine all the documents? I am not able to compress all the docs under 4mb. Can we submit few docs via web form????

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
AOR: Mar 2021. FSW O applicant. I have received ADR to submit a list of documents and forms for my spouse. I am confused with IMM 0008 form (IRCC has requested for Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP). Do i need to fill two individual forms - one for myself and other for my spouse or only one form. Please advice.
There are conflicting answers to this. As per instruction guide, only Principal Appliant should fill it. I am seeing people where only PA filled the form and had no issues. Also, there are instances where both the PA and Spouse filled this form and still had no issues.