+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Hi,

I just have a question:
I suppose for getting medical done for my wife who is in India, she would need to carry a letter to the doctor's. We don't have any such letter. Can my wife directly go to doctor's for getting her medical done in this case? What would be the process to be followed? Please let me know.

Thank you!
You need to have the UCI number. Yes you can do Upfront medicals but then it might take some time for adding those on to the file.

Reactions: Armstrong17

Armstrong17

Jul 30, 2022
Yes they did. And ya, we submitted our photos which we took at different point of time,in addition to the wedding photos and marriage certificate.
Hi @Sasu21 ,

Where can I get a copy of the relationship questionnaire? Could you, please, guide me?
I am awaiting request for additional documents from IRCC for addition of spouse, hence, want to prepare myself beforehand.

Thank you so much!

thaipham

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
Hi @Sasu21 ,

Where can I get a copy of the relationship questionnaire? Could you, please, guide me?
I am awaiting request for additional documents from IRCC for addition of spouse, hence, want to prepare myself beforehand.

Thank you so much!
Provide a complete and precise response to each question in your own words. Failure to provide the information requested below will delay processing and could result in a refusal of your application.

Make sure you have indicated your name, application number, the questionnaire title and the number or letter of the question you are answering.

Please answer the following questions on a separate page and include the question number with your answer.

DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP

1. Describe the development of your relationship, including the following details:

a. First contact with your spouse/common-law partner (i.e., when and where)

b. Provide timeline of dates, photos, and documentation of events in which you both

participated in, such as trips and outings.

c. Have you visited each other during your relationship? (i.e., when and where)

d. How do you communicate when not together? (e.g., phone, email, online chats)

e. Please provide dates of cohabitation, if applicable.

2. Was your relationship known to your close friends and family members? Yes/No

If in common-law relationship skip to question #8

3. Was your marriage arranged? Please provide details on who arranged the marriage and when it

was arranged.

4. Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the engagement? Please provide details

such as when, where, and who attended.

5. Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the marriage? Please provide details such

as when, where, who attended, and the religion in which the marriage was performed, if

applicable.

6. Provide information regarding your religious beliefs.

7. Was there a reception? If so please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.

8. Did you have a honeymoon (a holiday or trip taken by you and your spouse after the marriage)?

Provide details such as when and where.

9. If in a common-law relationship, was there a commitment ceremony? Please provide details

such as when, where, and who attended.

Reactions: RSub

Pearly000

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Posting for sibling and for reference purposes...
AOR-FEB 1
1ST PPR-MAR 2
GOT MARRIED/informed IRCC-MAR 9
REQUEST LETTER-MAR 15
SUBMITTED-MAR 16
SPOUSE ADDED TO PROFILE/MEP -MAR 21
BIL-APR 20
2ND PPR-MAY 5

TKSIN

Jan 11, 2023
Posting for sibling and for reference purposes...
AOR-FEB 1
1ST PPR-MAR 2
GOT MARRIED/informed IRCC-MAR 9
REQUEST LETTER-MAR 15
SUBMITTED-MAR 16
SPOUSE ADDED TO PROFILE/MEP -MAR 21
BIL-APR 20
2ND PPR-MAY 5
Hi Pearly000
can you please share if this happened in 2023? Also, what documents did you send to the IRCC to get your spouse added to application? Thanks!!

Reactions: Pearly000

Pearly000

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Pearly000
can you please share if this happened in 2023? Also, what documents did you send to the IRCC to get your spouse added to application? Thanks!!
yes 2023. Informed IRCC about the marriage and they sent a list of doc to fill and submit. This list has been outlined here on several forums.

Edit; You still haven't got a response from IRCC? I suggest you call IRCC, raised additional CSEs, and order GCMS notes..

TKSIN

Jan 11, 2023
Thanks for your reply. I am awaiting spouse addition for almost one year now. I sent webforms several times and documents like: spouse passport, marriage certificate, imm forms(around 6) still they have not sent a response or added my partner to application. I ordered GCMS notes too. I got those last week. They too do not mention anything that will help me. I am not sure how I can give them a call. Can you please guide me what other things I should send?? And how to reach them through call. I used to call them through helpline but they do not transfer the line anymore. Your guidance will be highly appreciated. Thanks!!

Reactions: Pearly000

Pearly000

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks for your reply. I am awaiting spouse addition for almost one year now. I sent webforms several times and documents like: spouse passport, marriage certificate, imm forms(around 6) still they have not sent a response or added my partner to application. I ordered GCMS notes too. I got those last week. They too do not mention anything that will help me. I am not sure how I can give them a call. Can you please guide me what other things I should send?? And how to reach them through call. I used to call them through helpline but they do not transfer the line anymore. Your guidance will be highly appreciated. Thanks!!
This is disheartening. If you're outside Canada you can use the Fongo app to call, and then follow the instructions. Also, you can research the MP of the area you would like to reside in Canada and email them to assist you with your application, explain your ordeal etc..

FNOTT

Aug 9, 2022
I got married after I applied for PR (Non express entry) and wanted to add my spouse with my PR application. Now IRCC wants me to send them IMM5532 form. As per my understanding, we only send this form when we sponsor our spouse, not during the primary applicant’s PR application processing time? As it falls under economic immigration, not family sponsorship.

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
I got married after I applied for PR (Non express entry) and wanted to add my spouse with my PR application. Now IRCC wants me to send them IMM5532 form. As per my understanding, we only send this form when we sponsor our spouse, not during the primary applicant’s PR application processing time? As it falls under economic immigration, not family sponsorship.
I was express entry and was not asked to submitt this form.

dee_pika

Jun 26, 2023
She's my wife, so yes we live together obviously.
I added my wife back in July 2021. They requested forms and documents in March 2022. Did the medical & bio in July 2022.
Hi,
Which visa the spouse will receive after adding him/her to the PR visa application?

Is it visitor visa or PR visa?

Thank you

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi,
Which visa the spouse will receive after adding him/her to the PR visa application?

Is it visitor visa or PR visa?

Thank you
If you include spouse for a PR application, the spouse will receive a PR

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Under which program did you apply?

dee_pika

Jun 26, 2023
If you include spouse for a PR application, the spouse will receive a PR
Thank you for your reply.

But my husband received an email today from vac canada after attending biometric appointment which mention visitor visa- multiple entries.

Now It's confusing.