+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

Sushi777

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi Sushi777,

1. what it shows on your profile in Review of Additional documents section?:
mine is showing after submitted additional documents--"Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided have been uploaded."

2. is your spouse name showing your profile anywhere after Additional documents submission
3. were you done with Biometrics for you or spouse

stream:CEC express entry
AOR: Nov 14, 2018
Medicals: passed before marriage
Marriage: Dec 28, 2018
1st CSE to update about marriage: Jan 20, 2019
2nd CSE: Feb 27, 2019 (No response for this from IRCC)
ADR request- April 17,2019
ADR submitted- April 23,2019

Thanks
Mine shows we are reviewing the documents you uploaded

Yes my spouse's name is now in my profile, under a new field called dependents

I was not required to get bio-metrics. I am not sure if the same will apply for my spouse or if this will change

It looks like we have similar dates. Let's keep in touch to see how this goes. They should update your profile soon. let me know what they do

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Mine shows we are reviewing the documents you uploaded

Yes my spouse's name is now in my profile, under a new field called dependents

I was not required to get bio-metrics. I am not sure if the same will apply for my spouse or if this will change

It looks like we have similar dates. Let's keep in touch to see how this goes. They should update your profile soon. let me know what they do
sure. thanks for response
in my case: bio metrics
for me - not required, for spouse-yes.

Last edited:

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
how did they notify you that your spouse needed biometrics? was it through your account?

My status bar shows 20 days. Do you think we will get ppr within this original timeframe or months after since we added someone new?
they didn't notify me about biometrics yet? i came to know from cic website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

mostly it will finish before 6 months time frame, if didn't add spouse,
but adding spouse may delay process time, actually delay is not true in every case, we will see .

Reactions: Sushi777

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hi All,

I just completed adding my spouse to my Profile yesterday.

-AOR : November 1, 2018
-Profile was in IP2 before Marriage, since January 13, 2019
-Marriage : March 14, 2019
-Started Informing CIC of Marriage: March 15, 2019 (CSE, phone calls etc.)
-Got request letter in my CIC portal: 27 March, 2019 [2 place holders (4 MB each )for Application kit & LOE, provided] & got 1 month to submit.
-Uploaded the documents & submitted with Fees payment of 1040 CAD: 24 April, 2019
-Spouse medicals Passed: 25 April, 2019 [ADR section updated in my CIC portal:"We are reviewing the documents provided"]
-Upfront Medicals & Updated POF for two persons provided, although they did not ask for updated POF now.

Lets see, when i might get the PPR. Hope my post helps others.
Hi Sibasish,

how did you paid fees for spouse, you find the instructions yourself and attached fee receipt with additional documents for your spouse or they asked you to pay spouse fee

Thanks

Last edited:

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hello everyone this is my timeline

AOR- November 22nd 2018
Medicals Passed - December 30th 2018
Marriage- April 5th 2019
CSE- April 8th 2019
ADR- April 15th- 30 days to upload
Submitted ADR - April 28th 2019

No further updates so far. This feels like such a long process
hi

did you paid fees for spouse?
if yes. CIC asked or you paid in advance

Thanks

Sushi777

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
i didn't paid fee for spouse, during submission of additional documents for spouse.
so i am thinking that causes delay to reflect spouse name in my profile after 10 days.

is it good,if i pay spouse fee from below link and send receipt through webform
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10070

please suggest
I am not a lawyer nor an expert so take this with a grain of salt. I would suggest you pay using that link and email the receipt to your respecting visa office directly with your application information. Is there a reason you didn't pay right away? it did say that if your spouse is accompanying you fees should be paid ( what I got from that is if fees aren't paid immediately they'd assume that your spouse is not coming) I maybe wrong about all of this! . All the best

Last edited:
Reactions: kushagra452

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not a lawyer nor an expert so take this with a grain of salt. I would suggest you pay using that link and email the receipt to your respecting visa office directly with your application information. Is there a reason you didn't pay right away? it did say that if your spouse is accompanying you fees should be paid ( what I got from that is if fees aren't paid immediately they'd assume that your spouse is not coming) I maybe wrong about all of this! . All the best
For payment of fees, I was given a URL in an email sent by Delhi Immigration. I paid the fees CAD$1040 upfront.

Last edited:

Mo1990

Apr 17, 2018
Greetings,

So I've recently received my 2nd PPR after successfully adding my spouse to my PR Application. I'm currently residing in the US while she's still in Egypt. the PPR letter has only my information as the principal applicant and instructions for submitting passports to Ottawa VO. My question is, Is this normal? and how can I submit my wife's PP to Ottawa when she's still in Egypt? I could use some help here.

Sushi777

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Greetings,

So I've recently received my 2nd PPR after successfully adding my spouse to my PR Application. I'm currently residing in the US while she's still in Egypt. the PPR letter has only my information as the principal applicant and instructions for submitting passports to Ottawa VO. My question is, Is this normal? and how can I submit my wife's PP to Ottawa when she's still in Egypt? I could use some help here.
Congrats!!! Could you share your timeline with us? PPR letters only have the principal applicant's information but both passports are required. Yes submit the passports to whatever visa office that they ask you to submit to. Is it possible for your wife to send you her passport via fedex and then you submit both to the required VO? if you're unsure and just want to confirm everything I suggest you give them a call! congrats again

Mo1990

Apr 17, 2018
Congrats!!! Could you share your timeline with us? PPR letters only have the principal applicant's information but both passports are required. Yes submit the passports to whatever visa office that they ask you to submit to. Is it possible for your wife to send you her passport via fedex and then you submit both to the required VO? if you're unsure and just want to confirm everything I suggest you give them a call! congrats again
Thanks,

Here's my Timeline:

IELTS January 6th 2018
ITA March 26 2018
AOR May 15 2018 (Upfront Medicals, RPRF and Police Cert)
IP2 June 2018
ADR (Military Records) September 14th 2018
Married January 25th 2019
1st PPR January 31st 2019
Notified CIC of Marriage along with Support Docs February 26 2019
Request Letter for additional documents March 4th 2019
Submitted March 31st 2019
ADR for spouse US F2 Visa and RPRF for Spouse May 4th 2019, Submitted same day
2nd PPR May 14th 2019

I could have her send me the passport via Fedex. I could also reach out to VFS Cairo and see if they can take her passport and transfer it securely to Ottawa VO.

Sushi777

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Thanks,

Here's my Timeline:

IELTS January 6th 2018
ITA March 26 2018
AOR May 15 2018 (Upfront Medicals, RPRF and Police Cert)
IP2 June 2018
ADR (Military Records) September 14th 2018
Married January 25th 2019
1st PPR January 31st 2019
Notified CIC of Marriage along with Support Docs February 26 2019
Request Letter for additional documents March 4th 2019
Submitted March 31st 2019
ADR for spouse US F2 Visa and RPRF for Spouse May 4th 2019, Submitted same day
2nd PPR May 14th 2019

I could have her send me the passport via Fedex. I could also reach out to VFS Cairo and see if they can take her passport and transfer it securely to Ottawa VO.
thanks for sharing! yes, sounds like a plan :)

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hi every one,

i got additional doc request for spouse, have few questions about filling forms. please help

IMM 0008DEP Add Deps/Dec: A completed Additional Dependents/Declaration form (IMM 0008DEP). Please include your spouse's information.------is it filled with primary applicant name/ details or spouse name/details

Client Information: A completed Spouse/Common-law Questionnaire (IMM5285 form).------is it filled with primary applicant or spouse perspective
Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature.-----is it filled with primary applicant or spouse perspective

Thanks

sentieh

Jan 14, 2019
Please anyone with the same timeline
AOR 22/10/2018 fsw-outland
Medicals and biometric passed in November 2018
Got married on 12/11/2018
Informed cic on 14/11/2018
Additional documents for spouse requested on 26/03/2019
Spouse documents submitted on 22/04/2019
Spouse name added as dependent on 24/04/2019
No update after that. The stress is just too much