+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

pujadoshi93

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
I guess they are working on your case first and after getting to a certain point in the processing, they will message you. You can always raise another CSE to reiterate what you said the first time and to ask for an update. Try not to worry
Thanks for the reply.

Raised 3 CSE in total. Got same generic replies. :|

Streetw1se

Jan 9, 2019
My wife is the primary applicant and we got married post AOR, raised a CSE and were asked to submit the following documents :
RPRF receipt, photograph, IMM0008(x2), IMM5406(x2), IMM5669, IMM5562E, birth certificate copy, passport copy, marriage certificate, PCC, questionnaire for both, evidence of relationship (photos).

However, only a single slot has been added to my wife's CIC account with a 5 MB upload limit. Can i raise a CSE and ask them to increase the number of slots or something? My passport scan itself is 60 odd pages, and fitting everything along with photos and additional scans is going to be almost impossible. Have any of you faced this issue? I have to submit the documents by May 8th btw.

Reactions: Armstrong17

Sushi777

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
My wife is the primary applicant and we got married post AOR, raised a CSE and were asked to submit the following documents :
RPRF receipt, photograph, IMM0008(x2), IMM5406(x2), IMM5669, IMM5562E, birth certificate copy, passport copy, marriage certificate, PCC, questionnaire for both, evidence of relationship (photos).

However, only a single slot has been added to my wife's CIC account with a 5 MB upload limit. Can i raise a CSE and ask them to increase the number of slots or something? My passport scan itself is 60 odd pages, and fitting everything along with photos and additional scans is going to be almost impossible. Have any of you faced this issue? I have to submit the documents by May 8th btw.
Hey Streetw1se,
My wife and I spent like hours to figure this out and eventually we got through the pain.
First thing to note, the handout given shows 5 MB; however, when you trying to upload it, its says a limit of 4 MB. This was so unfortunate because after spending hours trying to meet the limit of 5 MB we found out its 4 MB. Another thing to note: IRCC do not adjust the upload limit.

To meet the limit, here are some of the steps you can follow:
1. After you complete your forms convert it to a JPG
2. According to ircc, you scans should be as low as 96 DPI [http://canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2018-aor-join-here.592713/]
If you have already completed your scans, you can copy them on MSWord and change the resolution to 96 DPI.
Tip: Adjust all your scans to 96 DPI except your forms, because it will be difficult for immigration authorities to read the form in that resolution
3. Compile your application in MSWord and use an online service to compress it.
4. If its still above the limit move some unnecessary images, change the signature section of your form scans/images to 96 DPI. (the signature page doesn't have important information apart from the signature lines)
Tip: For me, uploading as doc file was convenient because converting to pdf will increase the file size.

Last edited:

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
1. What documents did you have to submit to add your spouse?

They will send you a checklist and you need to furnish documents asked in the same

2. Should I complete the documents and submit them through web form or should I wait for them to ask? Am so tired of waiting.

You can do this. I did this and probably thats why mine was processed faster

3. At what stage did they ask for your spouse to do medical exam?

Once they send you the letter, thats when you take the medicals.

3. Did you both get the PPR yesterday or just you and your spouse later?

Yes. but from what im told, she will get another request in a day or two as she resides in India.

Thanks
hi Canadian_2_be,

1.please provide information about spouse biometrics, provide time lines about this
( were they send instructions about spouse biometrics also with spouse documents or they send later once spouse added to my profile )
2.is spouse name reflect on MYCIC account after submitting requested documents (marriage certificate, imm5406, passport pages)

Thanks

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hi All,

I just completed adding my spouse to my Profile yesterday.

-AOR : November 1, 2018
-Profile was in IP2 before Marriage, since January 13, 2019
-Marriage : March 14, 2019
-Started Informing CIC of Marriage: March 15, 2019 (CSE, phone calls etc.)
-Got request letter in my CIC portal: 27 March, 2019 [2 place holders (4 MB each )for Application kit & LOE, provided] & got 1 month to submit.
-Uploaded the documents & submitted with Fees payment of 1040 CAD: 24 April, 2019
-Spouse medicals Passed: 25 April, 2019 [ADR section updated in my CIC portal:"We are reviewing the documents provided"]
-Upfront Medicals & Updated POF for two persons provided, although they did not ask for updated POF now.

Lets see, when i might get the PPR. Hope my post helps others.
Hi Sibasish,

1.How did you pay fees for spouse. CIC gave any link or instructions in your account. i didn't get any information about fees payment for spouse?
2. spouse biometrics-did you completed already or waiting for spouse biometrics?
3.which documents they asked for your spouse - Application KIT- i got request for separate imm5406 for both of us, spouse birth certificate/ passport , marriage certificate

Thanks

Last edited:

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hi, Im not sure about IMM 5406 as this was submitted by the law firm.

As per the list of documents, Try to include your marriage certificate,(Marriage pics not mandatory) , Medicals, PCC , IMM 5406 for you and your spouse, It wouldn't matter to send an additional document , Passport copy. I presume thats it.
Hi Pavan,

1.how about spouse biometrics- did you provide biometrics any of one of you.
if yes, when did you received instructions about biometrics.
2. how did you paid spouse Fees ($1040). were they asked after adding spouse to profile?
3, how did you know that spouse added to profile. any new fields added to your application in CIC account

Thanks

Last edited:

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Hi Pavan,

1.how about spouse biometrics- did you provide biometrics any of one of you.
if yes, when did you received instructions about biometrics.
2. how did you paid spouse Fees ($1040). were they asked after adding spouse to profile?
3, how did you know that spouse added to profile. any new fields added to your application in CIC account

Thanks
We did not give Bio metrics yet. They said they will request if required.
The fees was paid through their portal while adding
My profile was submitted by our lawyer while adding my spouse to the profile.

I assume you will get additional colums once you raise a CSE about adding your spouse to the profile .

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
We did not give Bio metrics yet. They said they will request if required.
The fees was paid through their portal while adding
My profile was submitted by our lawyer while adding my spouse to the profile.

I assume you will get additional colums once you raise a CSE about adding your spouse to the profile .
is your spouse name showing on your MYCIC account?

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Received my PPR today!! I was kinda anticipating the mail in the morning today. because my status changed to IP2 yesterday and based
on what I've been seeing in various forum discussions I was inclined to expect it today, and
it happened. (Just saying, It could not be the case too).

My timeline is:
AOR : Dec 21, 2018
Marriage : Jan 03, 2019
1st CSE : Jan 08, 2019
2nd CSE : Feb 08, 2019
IP1 : Feb 12, 2019
MEP: March 11, 2019
IP2 : April 23, 2019
PPR : April 24, 2019
Stream : CEC
Visa office: Vancouver
Time taken: 4 months and 4 days post AOR

Since I am a resident of Canada, I had to sent my passport to Ottawa with a letter asking IRCC for instructions
for my spouse's passport submission in India. This was done as instructed by an agent at IRCC over the phone today.
Hi Canadian_2_be

please share information about biometrics for spouse if she is in india,
my case (me: Inalnd CEC, spouse: India)

1.how CIC asked about spouse biometrics
2. timeline of spouse biometrics once spouse was added to profile.
3. is upfront biometrics available in india?

thanks

sentieh

Jan 14, 2019
Hi All,

I just completed adding my spouse to my Profile yesterday.

-AOR : November 1, 2018
-Profile was in IP2 before Marriage, since January 13, 2019
-Marriage : March 14, 2019
-Started Informing CIC of Marriage: March 15, 2019 (CSE, phone calls etc.)
-Got request letter in my CIC portal: 27 March, 2019 [2 place holders (4 MB each )for Application kit & LOE, provided] & got 1 month to submit.
-Uploaded the documents & submitted with Fees payment of 1040 CAD: 24 April, 2019
-Spouse medicals Passed: 25 April, 2019 [ADR section updated in my CIC portal:"We are reviewing the documents provided"]
-Upfront Medicals & Updated POF for two persons provided, although they did not ask for updated POF now.

Lets see, when i might get the PPR. Hope my post helps others.
Hi please am really confuse about something and need clarification. How do yo know your spouse medical passed. Did cic email you or sent you a message in mycic account saying spouse medical passed

Sushi777

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi please am really confuse about something and need clarification. How do yo know your spouse medical passed. Did cic email you or sent you a message in mycic account saying spouse medical passed
I would love to know as well!!

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hello everyone this is my timeline

AOR- November 22nd 2018
Medicals Passed - December 30th 2018
Marriage- April 5th 2019
CSE- April 8th 2019
ADR- April 15th- 30 days to upload
Submitted ADR - April 28th 2019

No further updates so far. This feels like such a long process
Hi Sushi777,

1. what it shows on your profile in Review of Additional documents section?:
mine is showing after submitted additional documents--"Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided have been uploaded."

2. is your spouse name showing your profile anywhere after Additional documents submission
3. were you done with Biometrics for you or spouse

stream:CEC express entry
AOR: Nov 14, 2018
Medicals: passed before marriage
Marriage: Dec 28, 2018
1st CSE to update about marriage: Jan 20, 2019
2nd CSE: Feb 27, 2019 (No response for this from IRCC)
ADR request- April 17,2019
ADR submitted- April 23,2019

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Sushi777