pkurapat

Nov 11, 2021
Thank you very much.

I am trying to find out how other people h
got on with adding a spouse.

Hoping for PPR soon :)

Have a great day
@Johnjacobb,

I see the bottleneck is at the team that is sending the Portal Credentials after the application is approved. I have at least seen 4-5 cases in which the PR application is approved by the officer immediately after the requested documents are submitted at the primary VO and they transfer the file to secondary VO with a time span of 1 month to send the PR credentials. And the secondary VO is taking months to send the portal credentials.

In my case, the application is assigned to Secondary VO for documents issuance with a due date of Oct 29th, 2021. Which I believe is not happening as expected.

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
@Johnjacobb,

I see the bottleneck is at the team that is sending the Portal Credentials after the application is approved. I have at least seen 4-5 cases in which the PR application is approved by the officer immediately after the requested documents are submitted at the primary VO and they transfer the file to secondary VO with a time span of 1 month to send the PR credentials. And the secondary VO is taking months to send the portal credentials.

In my case, the application is assigned to Secondary VO for documents issuance with a due date of Oct 29th, 2021. Which I believe is not happening as expected.
Ah i see.

I would love our visas within the next month. We are waiting to leave!

Reactions: pkurapat

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
UPDATE

FSW: AOR Feb 2020

Emailed IRCC in September about my new wife. Got a letter today requesting upload of documents. Letter came as a message in my application portal.

Questions:

1) All my documented (unzipped) are larger then the 5MB file size given for upload. What can I do? Is there a post from someone else I can see how they got around this?

2) If IRCC have now requested my spouse's details does this mean that my application has met eligibility? Does it mean that my application is approved and now waking for the check on my spouse's document? According to my last GSMC notes my application had eligibility review required.

3) How long after receiving these documents should it take for IRCC to issue my spouse her biometrics letter and how long till we get our visa?

thanks for all your help. Finally movement on my application :)

@legalfalcon
Update:

Spouse ADR kit sent to IRCC 12th December
IRCC request IMM5465 13th December
Spouse added to portal as Dependent

@legalfalcon

1) does an immigration officer look at our documents submitted or is looked at first by a lower level case officer?

2) since my spouse was added to the portal so quick does that mean we can expect biometrics request and a decision quickly?

Last edited:

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
UPDATE:
I got this email below. I checked my application and there are NO changes. Anybody know what this means?

Your application status has changes.

To check what's changed with your application's status:

1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Check full application status under View the applications you submitted.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
UPDATE:
I got this email below. I checked my application and there are NO changes. Anybody know what this means?

Your application status has changes.

To check what's changed with your application's status:

1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Check full application status under View the applications you submitted.
@Johnjacobb this must be a ghost update. Someone had opened the application and it moved ahead in the system.

Reactions: Johnjacobb

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
@legalfalcon

I added my spouse to my application and sent IRCC all the requested documents.

We then received an email saying application status has changed but there was NO change on the portal. We understand that this is a ghost update.

1) is the R10 check for my spouse checked by an immigration officer or a processing agent?

2) when adding a spouse does an immigration officer check all the documents and make a decision on the approval straight away or is the addition first assessed by an agent and then sent to an immigration officer?

3) will IRCC be working during the holidays? Should we expect anything further

4) we did upfront medicals. So is the next step a biometrics request for my spouse and then Golden email? Aby idea how long this will take?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
@legalfalcon

We then received an email saying application status has changed but there was NO change on the portal. We understand that this is a ghost update.

1) is the R10 check for my spouse checked by an immigration officer or a processing agent? - the file will be checked by the visa officer (VO) who passed the eligibility in your case.

2) when adding a spouse does an immigration officer check all the documents and make a decision on the approval straight away or is the addition first assessed by an agent and then sent to an immigration officer? - all documents related to spousal addition will be checked - the list must have been changed by IRCC

3) will IRCC be working during the holidays? Should we expect anything further - not sure

4) we did upfront medicals. So is the next step a biometrics request for my spouse and then Golden email? Aby idea how long this will take? - if you had to do biometrics, a request will be shared by IRCC for your spouse. This will happen once the file has been passed by the VO.

Please check my responses. @Johnjacobb

Reactions: Johnjacobb

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

1) is the R10 check for my spouse checked by an immigration officer or a processing agent?

2) when adding a spouse does an immigration officer check all the documents and make a decision on the approval straight away or is the addition first assessed by an agent and then sent to an immigration officer?

3) will IRCC be working during the holidays? Should we expect anything further

4) we did upfront medicals. So is the next step a biometrics request for my spouse and then Golden email? Aby idea how long this will take?

1. If you added your spouse to your application later, then R10 as such is not done, since R10 is for an application. An officer, based on where your application is at will determine whether all documents have been provided.

2. Depends on what stage your application is at.

3. YEs, IRCC will work, but with reduced staff. See federal holidays.

4. YEs, you will send a BIL for your spouse. How long it will take after, no one can predict. Usually adding a spouse takes 3-5 months.

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi All and @legalfalcon,
Inland with ouland dependent
I need your suggestions, below is the issue I am facing and not sure what step I have to take next. Please help!!

Applied for AIPP PR in June 2020
Received AOR in February 2021
Received ADR (biometrics, employment letter & schedule A) in March 2021 (which will be the last step in approving PR)
Got married in 1st week of April 2021 and informed ircc
Submitted my ADR in 2nd week of April 2021
After 2 days Received a request letter from IRCC Halifax to submit my spouse documents for add-on
In May 2nd week I have submitted my spouse documents including forms, payment, pcc and medical to the same ircc halifax email also got immediate acknowledgement.
After that no response, raised many webforms, calls everytime they mentioned received all my spouse documents will let you know if anything is required.

but all of sudden I have received my eCOPR on 20 August 2021 but my spouse name was never added to my application nor COPR.

In October I have ordered gcms notes and its mentioned "new spouse documents received, recommend pass officer ready " (12 may 2021),status: "open"
Then on may 18 2021 its mentioned " Location: OVS DEP", status: "open"
Then next notes was on August 18 2021 " Location: finalized, status: open
20 August 2021 Location: Registry, status: Retired

Raised multiple webforms, calls and contacted MP but they are not providing proper update. They are asking me to wait till Halifax office responds. Also received a reply last month saying "your file is being looked into by our management team and someone will be in touch with you when it is resolved"

Losing hope day by day not sure when they are going to respond. Can I expect some positive news? I don't understand how can they approve my application as a single even though they received my spouse documents.

Your suggestions are really appreciated.
Thank you

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
1. If you added your spouse to your application later, then R10 as such is not done, since R10 is for an application. An officer, based on where your application is at will determine whether all documents have been provided.

2. Depends on what stage your application is at.

3. YEs, IRCC will work, but with reduced staff. See federal holidays.

4. YEs, you will send a BIL for your spouse. How long it will take after, no one can predict. Usually adding a spouse takes 3-5 months.

2. My application was at review required by an immigration officer with recommended pass.

4. We informed them in September. Only got the ADR on 10th December. Does the 3-5 month timeline you mention start from when ADR are requested or submitted?

I figure once BIL is done we only have security check then visa. Would it be too hopeful of us to think we will have a visa in the next two months?

@legalfalcon