Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
UPDATE

FSW: AOR Feb 2020

Emailed IRCC in September about my new wife. Got a letter today requesting upload of documents. Letter came as a message in my application portal.

Questions:

1) All my documented (unzipped) are larger then the 5MB file size given for upload. What can I do? Is there a post from someone else I can see how they got around this?

2) If IRCC have now requested my spouse's details does this mean that my application has met eligibility? Does it mean that my application is approved and now waking for the check on my spouse's document? According to my last GSMC notes my application had eligibility review required.

3) How long after receiving these documents should it take for IRCC to issue my spouse her biometrics letter and how long till we get our visa?

thanks for all your help. Finally movement on my application :)

@legalfalcon

1. You will have to compress your documents. You can use any online pdf compressor to reduce the size.

2. If our family composition changes post submission, you have to inform IRCC and add the new family members to the application. This does not indicate that your eligibility has passed. For details, check your GCMS notes.

3. Usually 1-3 months.

thalaPradeep

Dec 1, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have a different scenario, below is my timeline, please shed some light on how to proceed.
CEC inland Applicant
AOR: 5-May-2021
Travelled to India
Married: 23-May-2021
Portal mail: Received a client portal email to reply with my entry details on 22-July-2021.
I informed IRCC about my marriage and the next day got a reply to add my spouse's documents. Completed upfront medicals and biometrics submission of my wife, and submitted all the documents in webform on 02-Sep-2021. Again submitted multiple webforms, no reply.
Returned back to Canada and replied to the client portal mail again that I am in Canada and requested to add my wife to the application as well.
Received a hard copy letter stating that I have to send mail to <IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> (Client portail mail Id for Ontario division) with my landing details and subject to be mentioned as paper. IRCC has mentioned that they are sending this letter because either I have not responded to previous email communications or IRCC doesn't have my email Id.
Sent the details along with my spouse's documents to the mail id on 07-Dec-2021.
Received Client portal credentials on 08-Dec-2021 only for myself and my wife details were not added in my account portal
Updated my details, address and photo on the client portal on 08-Dec-2021, and received my COPR today.

My wife's details are not added to my account, and my application portal says the final decision has been made and approved. What's the next step, will my wife's details be added eventually ? Is anyone else also on the same boat?

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
1. You will have to compress your documents. You can use any online pdf compressor to reduce the size.

2. If our family composition changes post submission, you have to inform IRCC and add the new family members to the application. This does not indicate that your eligibility has passed. For details, check your GCMS notes.

3. Usually 1-3 months.

@legalfalcon

Thanks very much.

1. It says in the letter 'Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files totaling less than 5 MB'. Does this mean I can NOT upload a zipped file?

2. Okay thanks.

3. 1-3 months to get visa or get biometrics letter?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
@legalfalcon

Thanks very much.

1. It says in the letter 'Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files totaling less than 5 MB'. Does this mean I can NOT upload a zipped file?

2. Okay thanks.

3. 1-3 months to get visa or get biometrics letter?
You cannot upload a zipped file. @Johnjacobb

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hi All,

My AOR for Express Entry application for FSW-O is Sep 4 2020. I got married in June'2021 ( 9 months after AOR) and updated IRCC for the same. They have sent a request of documents for me to submit where the first one is the Form IMM-0008 - Generic Application profile.

Now as I have already applied via express entry, how do I go on about adding my spouse to this ?

Do I file under 1.Family Program - 2. Spouse Category with my wife as the principal applicant (with no dependents)
or Should I file under Express Entry (which I have already applied for) as a principal Applicant and add my wife as a dependent. The confusing part is that when I try to add my wife as a dependent , it's asking for a dependent type A,B,C in the Dependents Section which I feel is for child dependency only based on the IRCC.ca website. Any help regarding this would be helpful as I am scratching my head around with this.

Thanks
Did you add your spouse? Did you upload your documents to the portal?

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hello All,

Below is my timeline.
  • I have applied for Express Entry in CEC class on March 21st 2021 and received AOR on 21st March.
  • Travelled to India in May 2021 and got married.
  • Notified IRCC on June 13th 2021 through Web Form.
  • Received response from IRCC to submit the below documents on 22nd of June.
  • Meanwhile, My organization has filed Spouse Open Work Permit for my Spouse on 25th June, since I'm on closed work permit. Received BIL on 26th June and letter stated IRCC to submit the Biometrics by 30 July. I got Biometric slot only by Aug 31st. Also, went for upfront medicals in 1st week of July.
  • Submitted the documents through Web From on 20th of July as, My spouse's PCC took time in India.
  • Received confirmation from IRCC on 08th Aug 2021 that the documents are received and the documents are reviewed.
  • On Sep 15th 2021, Dependent got updated on my file with Biometrics information.
  • On Sep 22nd 2021, IRCC requested for additional documents.
  • Submitted the requested documents on 25th Sep 2021.
  • On 27th Sep 2021, Application updated with message that says "We are reviewing additional documents provided".
  • Since then there is no updates.
I have raised a couple of web forms and reached out to call center for requesting status but no status update.

I also applied for GCMS notes on Sep 30 and Oct 12 2021 and still haven't received any notes.
Any update?

pkurapat

Nov 11, 2021
Any update?
Hi @Johnjacobb,

Received GCMS notes on Nov 22nd. The GCMS notes say that the application is approved and eCoPR is issued. Waiting for documents issuance.

After sending multiple emails to IRCC Portal and have raised a web form for requesting for the PR confirmation.

I have received the portal credentials on 1st Dec I have submitted the Address and Photo on Dec 1st.

Received eCoPR on 3rd Dec 2021.

But still waiting for the PPR request for my dependant. Most of the others who has a dependant outland have received within 3-4 days post AOR.

Reactions: Johnjacobb

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hi @Johnjacobb,

Received GCMS notes on Nov 22nd. The GCMS notes say that the application is approved and eCoPR is issued. Waiting for documents issuance.

After sending multiple emails to IRCC Portal and have raised a web form for requesting for the PR confirmation.

I have received the portal credentials on 1st Dec I have submitted the Address and Photo on Dec 1st.

Received eCoPR on 3rd Dec 2021.

But still waiting for the PPR request for my dependant. Most of the others who has a dependant outland have received within 3-4 days post AOR.
Thanks.

after sending requested documents to IRCC how long did it take to get biometrics spouses request?

Also from GCMS notes how long did it take from officer to review spouse's documents?

Last edited:

pkurapat

Nov 11, 2021
Thanks.

after sending requested documents to IRCC how long did it take to get biometrics spouses request?

Also from GCMS notes how long did it take from officer to review spouse's documents?
Hey @Johnjacobb

I did not get any BIL for my spouse, as my organization has applied SOWP and biometrics were completed as part of that application and I have used the same UCI # for PR application.

The timeline is on Sep 15th my Spouse has been added to the PR application and then I have a request from IRCC on Sep 22nd to submit additional documents. I have submitted additional documents on the 25th Sep 2021. Officer reviewed the documents on 27th Sep 2021 and the application is approved on Sep 27th, 2021 only.

I have added a detailed timeline to my signature.

Reactions: Johnjacobb

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hey @Johnjacobb

I did not get any BIL for my spouse, as my organization has applied SOWP and biometrics were completed as part of that application and I have used the same UCI # for PR application.

The timeline is on Sep 15th my Spouse has been added to the PR application and then I have a request from IRCC on Sep 22nd to submit additional documents. I have submitted additional documents on the 25th Sep 2021. Officer reviewed the documents on 27th Sep 2021 and the application is approved on Sep 27th, 2021 only.

I have added a detailed timeline to my signature.
Thank you very much.

I am trying to find out how other people h
got on with adding a spouse.

Hoping for PPR soon :)

Have a great day

Reactions: pkurapat