+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

Akash004

Feb 16, 2018
Hi there Shaurabh, I am right now facing the same situation. while having and active pnp pr application, I have received medical request and have submitted too, I'm about to get registration marriage done so please let me know if it advisable to get married at this point and yes then what are the do's and don'ts. How long did it take you to get the pr ultimately ?

Pjoshi2789

Mar 24, 2018
I did the same, best way is to call them and the agent will send you an email with all the required forms and documents you need to fill up and send. It wont take long for the application to be processed after medicals so i suggest you to call and send the application ASAP. The processing time will increase after your spouse will be added to the application.

Good luck

Reactions: Akash004

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hello everyone, i added spouse after ppr. My status changed to decision made without spouse medical. Is it a bad sign? Please reply i m very tensed. I applied for his work permit in December and that is still in process. U think if they hv picked medical from that file as the uci is same?

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hello everyone, i added spouse after ppr. My status changed to decision made without spouse medical. Is it a bad sign? Please reply i m very tensed. I applied for his work permit in December and that is still in process. U think if they hv picked medical from that file as the uci is same?
Anyone please. I m really stressed

Pjoshi2789

Mar 24, 2018
Nothing to be stessed, it would be okay.

The best you could do is call IRCC monday and ask the agent what is the status, they may not give a direct answer but they will say everything looks very well and no need to worry or say wait for the officer for ADR. This happens to lots of people. You do have to update your status the moment you get married or when your application is in process.

If you see the status DM is good news. No need to worry at all.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Nothing to be stessed, it would be okay.

The best you could do is call IRCC monday and ask the agent what is the status, they may not give a direct answer but they will say everything looks very well and no need to worry or say wait for the officer for ADR. This happens to lots of people. You do have to update your status the moment you get married or when your application is in process.

If you see the status DM is good news. No need to worry at all.
Thanks for replying. I m worried coz people say if decision is made without medical its usually a rejection. They asked for my husband’s papers and sent me more forms and sent all. Then ingot enquiry call on feb 19. And it changed to decision made may be yesterday but i saw it today

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
And at the end she said hopefully u will get landing mail in 2 months and then after few saconds ahe said whatever will be the decision will be done within 2 months as its been a while on ur file

Pjoshi2789

Mar 24, 2018
Oh, dont worry its good news. I was asked to submit a development of courtship for me and spouse, once i submitted that in 4 days on ecas i saw an update as your saying DM and in another 6 days i got COPR interview(landing interview) email scheduled at IRCC local office. It is bit weird that they didn ask for his medical but if the medical was done recently for his work permit application they may have considered that and have not asked for re-medical exam. It is good news

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Oh, dont worry its good news. I was asked to submit a development of courtship for me and spouse, once i submitted that in 4 days on ecas i saw an update as your saying DM and in another 6 days i got COPR interview(landing interview) email scheduled at IRCC local office. It is bit weird that they didn ask for his medical but if the medical was done recently for his work permit application they may have considered that and have not asked for re-medical exam. It is good news
Thank u. I dnt know the results yet but your words still help me alot. Thank u

TYHAJAR

Mar 9, 2017
Hi there Shaurabh, I am right now facing the same situation. while having and active pnp pr application, I have received medical request and have submitted too, I'm about to get registration marriage done so please let me know if it advisable to get married at this point and yes then what are the do's and don'ts. How long did it take you to get the pr ultimately ?
Do not get marry yet. It is much easier to get the PR for yourself and then add your wife. My friends who did this, have got their PR and their spouse and am still waiting.