+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Got my landing interview appointment on Feb1. Finally finally finally this is almost over. 3 years for me, fxxk! Feels like a whole life.
So my wife needs to go to US right after landing for a few days, business trip.
I know without a valid PR card you can't enter Canada by commercial vehicle, but okay for private.

Does it mean if I drive to Buffalo to pick her up there and we drive back through peace bridge we are good?

satwinder2000

Jan 12, 2016
Got my landing interview appointment on Feb1. Finally finally finally this is almost over. 3 years for me, fxxk! Feels like a whole life.
So my wife needs to go to US right after landing for a few days, business trip.
I know without a valid PR card you can't enter Canada by commercial vehicle, but okay for private.

Does it mean if I drive to Buffalo to pick her up there and we drive back through peace bridge we are good?
Almsot Same boat as you. Recieved Dm on Jan 18. Wife and Son Back home in India recieved PPR same day. I am still waiting for my landing interview email. I think this matters on How busy your local office is. Mine is Vancouver. What about yours?

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Almsot Same boat as you. Recieved Dm on Jan 18. Wife and Son Back home in India recieved PPR same day. I am still waiting for my landing interview email. I think this matters on How busy your local office is. Mine is Vancouver. What about yours?
If you got PPR you don't get landing interview. It's just simply two different approaches.
Anyhow I was trying to ask about crossing the border with only landing document but not PR card to people who had similar experience.

and I am landing at Etobicoke office.

Reactions: satwinder2000

satwinder2000

Jan 12, 2016
Only my wife and child did. I am in Canada so everyone in Canada have to go through the same landing interview process. I am waiting for the appointment email. Congratulations by the way. I know its been a long journey. I hope somebody on the page can answer to your question

Reactions: Nneoma.muna

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Only my wife and child did. I am in Canada so everyone in Canada have to go through the same landing interview process. I am waiting for the appointment email. Congratulations by the way. I know its been a long journey. I hope somebody on the page can answer to your question
Thanks and all the best!

Rhine

Nov 16, 2018
Guys need help...
Almost 19 months finished,
I add my spouse name after receiving my medical. Any idea how long does it take to get my spouse medical?
SINP applicant
Date received: may 8-2017

File number: July 21-2017

Got married: February 17-2018

Request to add spouse: march 13-2018

Medical request for primary applicant on march 19-2018

Medical done for primary applicant on march 28-2018

Waiting for spouse medical and PR

Hi mark,

Did you receive your spouse medical ??

Coz my timelines are just same like you...

Pjoshi2789

Mar 24, 2018
Hey guys.

I applied as PNP PR application added my spouse later in the application. Ecas shows status "decision made" and i have been schedule for COPR interview at edmonton office on Feb26. Now, me and my spouse we both applied for our BOWP extension before WP was expired but it was refused on Jan17, on Feb1st i got the COPR interview email. We both are currently in restoration period(haven't applied for restoration yet).

Can i still do the COPR interview while in restoration period?
Does anyone here had the same situation?

Any help/ advise/ suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

satwinder2000

Jan 12, 2016
Waited 31 months for getting Decision made on my file. Called customer service and they told me another 3 month wait for Landing interview at Vancouver office.

Pjoshi2789

Mar 24, 2018
Posting my timeline:

File received- November 2016
AOR- Feb1 2017
Rprf/PC request- march10 2017
Medical request- Jan5 2018
Added spouse- August 2018
Spouse medical- Sep 8 2018
WP Extension applied- oct 25 2018
WP expired- nov 7 2018
Extension refused- Jan 17 2019(went out of status)
ADR for spouse request- jan25 2019
COPR(Landing) interview at local office email- feb 1 2019
Applied for restoration of status WP extension- Feb5 2019
Restoration/WP application approved- Feb25 2019
Landed- Feb26 2019.

I did ordered GCMS notes a couple times and after the WP extension was refused i contacted my local MP and he was very helpful to me, in between the process there was a ADR email from etobicoke office which i did not received and i got the email after my MP contacted ircc for the PR application status.

Btw i do recommend to do landing procedure at a local office rather then going to border unless the border is just a couple of hours drive. Office landing is too easy.

It's been a long journey since the day i came to canada as student but all that matters is that everything worked out completely fine. One thing i learned in all these years is "he who has patience has everything"

Good luck to all the people who are waiting for their PR. You all will get it soon. God bless you all.

If you need any help or question please message me. I will try to help you to my best knowledge.

Akash004

Feb 16, 2018
Hi everyone,

My file for PNP PR is also under processing. I have cleared the medical and Now I want to add my spouse to my current application. As mentioned on CIC website, I raised an enquiry through web form but the reply I got was vague and they didn't even ask for documents. How did you guys inform CIC about the change? How long it took to receive a reply from them? What all documents I need to prepare.
I shall be very thankful to you for your quick reply.

Regards,
Saurabh Sharma