+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

LWIC

Apr 16, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hi, can i ask you.?because my invitation for copr appointment is on nov 23 at local office . I have dependants my spouse and my daughter is outside canada ..

Un nov 23 they ask to bring passport , 2 photographs etc is there a chance they stamp visa for my 2 dependants? And im planning also to go outside canada to get my dependants?ehat shoud i do thanks
Hi, I landed together with my spouse as we are both in Canada. We each received a landing notice. Passports were not stamped, COPR were issued and signed on spot.

I would call CIC and ask them about the landing process of your outland dependants. Hope everything goes well!!

may20162525

Jun 20, 2018
Hi, I landed together with my spouse as we are both in Canada. We each received a landing notice. Passports were not stamped, COPR were issued and signed on spot.

I would call CIC and ask them about the landing process of your outland dependants. Hope everything goes well!!
Thank you so much

TYHAJAR

Mar 9, 2017
Hello Everyone,
My Timeline
Application Received- July 17,2017
AOR- Sept 5th ,2017
Request to Add spouse on-April 19th,2018
MR For me- June 21st ,2018
MP- July 5th,2018
Spouse add on file(Name on Gc key)- today on November 1,2018(After Approximate 6 Month)
Waiting for next step Spouse MR and PPR?
Any one has idea how long does it gonaa take?

Thank you.
I am sorry to tell you this, but one year probably. My application received on January 2017. I got married on May 2017, my wife was added to my application on November 2017. Medical request for me and for my wife on December 2017. Lawyers told me different from this, but it seems all people who add their spouses get a lot of delay.

Mickeyy

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
file received dec 2016
aor feb 2017
wife document send dec 2017
medical jan 2018
wife added on file feb 2018
file transfer in may 2018 to edmonton ircc
relationship questionnaires request august 2018 from etobicoke
today they request wife police clearance from rcmp

what next ?
Have you submitted PCC ?

Maunik

Nov 2, 2018
I am sorry to tell you this, but one year probably. My application received on January 2017. I got married on May 2017, my wife was added to my application on November 2017. Medical request for me and for my wife on December 2017. Lawyers told me different from this, but it seems all people who add their spouses get a lot of delay.
Thank you for your reply.
I hope so it will come early.

Jkm396

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Hi, can i ask you.?because my invitation for copr appointment is on nov 23 at local office . I have dependants my spouse and my daughter is outside canada ..

Un nov 23 they ask to bring passport , 2 photographs etc is there a chance they stamp visa for my 2 dependants? And im planning also to go outside canada to get my dependants?ehat shoud i do thanks
You dont have to worry about it i did landing at cic office they didnt stamp my passport they sing my COPR and my dependent spouse is also in back home, cic officer said me he will send the letter to back home cic office so they will send you passport call for your spouse and They will stamp it so finally after 20 months i got my COPR on 6 Nov 2018
Thank you
Good luck every one

may20162525

Jun 20, 2018
You dont have to worry about it i did landing at cic office they didnt stamp my passport they sing my COPR and my dependent spouse is also in back home, cic officer said me he will send the letter to back home cic office so they will send you passport call for your spouse and They will stamp it so finally after 20 months i got my COPR on 6 Nov 2018
Thank you
Good luck every one
Thank you so much

Sorry last question.

1.Did you get also copr of your spouse/dependent that time? Because you said it is outside canada?
2.Is there an option where to stamp the visa of your spouse.. because in my case their passport is with me ? Is your spouse passport is with you or with her/him thats why officer said they will send letter to stamp visa there?
3. If ever when they will send letter for passport stamping?

Thanks again!and congratulations

Lulu z

May 6, 2018
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a clue on how long it takes to process the background check ? IRCC said it was currently in process but they couldn’t tell me when it started and how long it takes... (No crimes or never been to the army etc). I think I’m part of the unlucky people that got selected

File received : Dec 2016
Spouse added : Jan 2018
MR : Mar 2018
Spouse MR : Aug 2018
Add docs : Oct 2018
Now processing background check
Thanks for your help and good luck for the others !!

Last edited:

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a clue on how long it takes to process the background check ? IRCC said it was currently in process but they couldn’t tell me when it started and how long it takes... (No crimes or never been to the army etc). I think I’m part of the unlucky people that got selected

My file was reeived in March 2016. My medical was April 2017. PPR July 2017.
Added spouse August 2017, PPR cancelled.
Added spouse medical September 2017.
Received request for medical redo (mine not my spouse) September 2018, finished second day and passed the day after.
Now still waiting for DM, nothing yet.

I fuxking hate this it's too long.

Reactions: ayaz94

Lulu z

May 6, 2018
My file was reeived in March 2016. My medical was April 2017. PPR July 2017.
Added spouse August 2017, PPR cancelled.
Added spouse medical September 2017.
Received request for medical redo (mine not my spouse) September 2018, finished second day and passed the day after.
Now still waiting for DM, nothing yet.

I fuxking hate this it's too long.
I know ! As soon as you add your spouse in the file, it takes such a long time and nobody really knows the processing time which make it even harder ..
Stay strong, I hope we will be done soon

Reactions: ayaz94

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
I know ! As soon as you add your spouse in the file, it takes such a long time and nobody really knows the processing time which make it even harder ..
Stay strong, I hope we will be done soon
Once you add your spouse, they throw you in the dumpster, good luck being taken back on to the desk.
We are just now throwing money and files into a black hole which doesn't give you any thing.

Anyways. I find that they should have at least provided the options of not adding your spouse to your application....
This takes longer than getting your own and then sponsor your spouse... which makes no sense at all to me. We are saving their time and they are wasting ours.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
At one moment I got excited when I called CIC. Usually the Auto assistant on the phone gives you the same status verbally that you see on GC Key. So when I called, it said no file found, (I thought may be its approved :D) but then the agent told me its still going on with background checks o_OCan't say if the agent was helpful because he asked so many things, when did I called them last time and why, have I checked online? etc etc.

Navg23

Jan 3, 2016
Finally got medical request for me and spouse almost 30 months nd schedule a for both nd rcmp fingerprinting for spouse. Anybody know how long it will take after this?
Thanks

Mickeyy

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hey guys,

Spouse added : Jan 2018
same as above. Only difference is that they requested rcmp and home country pcc and set of original fingerprints on oct 26.. Submitted everything today.. Bow wait game begins