+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Thank my friend, Anyway they did not tell when they transferred the file the only thing they said the file is transferred to montreal office,

My spouse got medical request last march 16,2018 and completed medical examination on march 25,2018

April 4, 2018 in. Gc key “you passed the medical examination”
His Background check already started feb 28,2018 before we received the MR
showing “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information“

after that no update
Seems like you are very close to get it as when they add the spouse they take some time to send the MR. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
I paid the fee upfront.
I called CIC on monday and they said my file is in final review. Any idea people how long its gonna take.
Please share your timeline. When did u file and when did u add ur spouse and other things.
Thanks

hariqbal

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Please share your timeline. When did u file and when did u add ur spouse and other things.
Thanks
Here is my timeline,
applied PR on july 2016.
Got married in april 2017.
Added wife in may 2017.
Name added on file in july 2017.
questionare requested january 2018
medical requested and passed april 2018.
Called cic and they said file is under final review but no updates on ecas or cic account

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Here is my timeline,
applied PR on july 2016.
Got married in april 2017.
Added wife in may 2017.
Name added on file in july 2017.
questionare requested january 2018
medical requested and passed april 2018.
Called cic and they said file is under final review but no updates on ecas or cic account
Dnt worry . U Jst need a one email from them. U will get it till the end of August for passport request

Reactions: hariqbal

ucasumon

Apr 9, 2017
Thanks
Here is my timeline,
applied PR on Sep 2016.
Got married in Nov 2017.
Added wife in Jan 2018.

Get nothing, neither the spouse name added to file !

Called cic and they said will might get update after September

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
For me it's almost 8 months I added my spouse, got nothing yet
You should keep checking with them. Even after calling leave a eweb message. May be the documents for your spouse is incomplete and thats why they haven't issued a UCI to your spouse.

Jkm396

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
For me it's almost 8 months I added my spouse, got nothing yet
I added my spouse in april same like you nothing update yet but when i called them they said they transfered my file in winnipeg and they will do my background check again and after that they will add spouse name on file so its depends upon the officer and file situation i keep calling them every two week
In this case you should also keep calling them and ask them on what stage your file is ask them did they complete background check or what ask file location so you can get idea how long it will takes

can_ash1

Mar 10, 2018
Here is my Application timeline,
applied PR on Sep 2016.
Got married in Nov 2017.
Added wife in Dec 2018 but they sent me passport request in feb.i replied to that email saying that i have already added Spouse, they ask me send me docs again .i sent them in feb. she got medicals in April last week medicals passed in may 1st week and waiting from that point.

Called cic and they said Bag ground check in Process .They said Bagground check was started in April . Does any one had idea how many days it gonna take for decision

ucasumon

Apr 9, 2017
Here is my timeline,
applied PR on Sep 2016.
Got married in Nov 2017.
Added wife in Jan 2018.

Get nothing, neither the spouse name added to file !

Called cic and they said will might get update after September
I got email for my Spouse medical request and also got request to upload the questionnaire for my self. Can someone help me with this one please. What should I add with this questionnaire request

ucasumon

Apr 9, 2017
I got email for my Spouse medical request and also got request to upload the questionnaire for my self. Can someone help me with this one please. What should I add with this questionnaire request

Question's are like bellow:

>Proof of Relationship: Documents that demonstrate the couple’s relationship is
developing socially, financially, personally and is known to the public domain. Example of
documental evidence includes, but is not limited to: photos, proof of communication, statements
of shared bank accounts/credit cards, proof of shared ownership of residential property, shared
residential leases, shared rental receipts, bills for shared utilities accounts (such as electricity, gas
or telephone), mail addressed to either or both of you at the same address, important documents
for both of you showing the same address (such as identification documents, driver’s licences and
insurance policies), tax returns, beneficiary, etc..

> Relationship: Description of the development of your courtship.

For several request , I don't have anything because we are not living together now. She is in back home and I am in Edmonton

If anyone did this before please help.

Last edited:

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Add some marriage pics and chats
If u wanna add something. If they are not asking then it

Reactions: ayaz94