+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

Jkm396

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Approximately,we have similar timelines, files are transferred the same tume but as i mentioned, i’m done with medical but yet to receive spouse medical. hope we heard some good news soon
We all three have similar timeline hope we will get medical for spouse as early as possible

Reactions: Mickeyy

sidhu7200

Apr 20, 2017
Hello everyone. I am a Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program Candidate. I have few questions in my mind if anybody know the answer please help me. My information is below:

Federal File received by IRCC - November 2016
Federal file number issued - January 2017
Got closed work permit based on SINP - April 2017 for 2 years
Asked for Schedule A - April 2017
Asked for Medical - January 2018
Went to India in February 2018 and got married
Asked for Schedule A - March 2018
Informed IRCC for spouse update - March 2018
Asked for correspondence ( Documents to add spouse which icludes upfront medical) - March 2018
File was fully uploaded with spouse information in April 2018

Now I got 2 emails fron IRCC yesterday i.e August 1st 2018. One email contains Medical examination request and in second email I was informed that my application/ file has been transferred to the Winnipeg IRCC office for further processing and they asked for few documents again like Offer of Employment, Education credentials, Language Abilities, Proof of funds, Schedule A, Additinal family information, police certificate and medical examination

My question is:
1. Do my wife has to do the medical again or the upfront medical which was done in April 2018 will work?
2. When I first submit my file my IELTS was valid but now it is expired so do I have to do IELTS again?
3. How much funds do we have to show in bank as they are asking for proof of funds and documentation to support my economical establishment in Canada?
4. And why did they send the file to Winnipeg IRCC? How much more time will it take as I am already passed 19 months

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hello everyone. I am a Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program Candidate. I have few questions in my mind if anybody know the answer please help me. My information is below:

Federal File received by IRCC - November 2016
Federal file number issued - January 2017
Got closed work permit based on SINP - April 2017 for 2 years
Asked for Schedule A - April 2017
Asked for Medical - January 2018
Went to India in February 2018 and got married
Asked for Schedule A - March 2018
Informed IRCC for spouse update - March 2018
Asked for correspondence ( Documents to add spouse which icludes upfront medical) - March 2018
File was fully uploaded with spouse information in April 2018

Now I got 2 emails fron IRCC yesterday i.e August 1st 2018. One email contains Medical examination request and in second email I was informed that my application/ file has been transferred to the Winnipeg IRCC office for further processing and they asked for few documents again like Offer of Employment, Education credentials, Language Abilities, Proof of funds, Schedule A, Additinal family information, police certificate and medical examination

My question is:
1. Do my wife has to do the medical again or the upfront medical which was done in April 2018 will work?
2. When I first submit my file my IELTS was valid but now it is expired so do I have to do IELTS again?
3. How much funds do we have to show in bank as they are asking for proof of funds and documentation to support my economical establishment in Canada?
4. And why did they send the file to Winnipeg IRCC? How much more time will it take as I am already passed 19 months
As far as I know
1) Nope she doesn't. I believe the letter says "If you haven't submitted..."
2) Nope
3) Just show your bank statement, there is no specific criteria (or number). Your current employment will also be supporting your claim for economical establishment.
4) No one exactly has the idea why, but many cases have been transferred to the local office (for additional verification). Good thing is you got the medical for your wife. So its just that last phase of waiting. BTW 19 months timeline doesn't hold for you anymore.

For your ADR, you can write an explanation letter mentioning which of the requested documents have already been submitted (IELTS, Medical, uploaded documents etc.)

sidhu7200

Apr 20, 2017
As far as I know
1) Nope she doesn't. I believe the letter says "If you haven't submitted..."
2) Nope
3) Just show your bank statement, there is no specific criteria (or number). Your current employment will also be supporting your claim for economical establishment.
4) No one exactly has the idea why, but many cases have been transferred to the local office (for additional verification). Good thing is you got the medical for your wife. So its just that last phase of waiting. BTW 19 months timeline doesn't hold for you anymore.

For your ADR, you can write an explanation letter mentioning which of the requested documents have already been submitted (IELTS, Medical, uploaded documents etc.)

Thank you so much for your help and all the information.

For the medical it doesn't say "if not yet submitted" it says " required only if you have been sent a request to update your medicals" (which we got for her) and also says " We require proof of completion of a new Immigration medical examination. Once you have had your medical exam, please include a copy of the receipt to our office as part of your submission package." And they underlined "new" in that message due to which I am confused.

Gurinder31

Oct 16, 2016
hi,
please be more when u applied for pr and when u added your spouse .

thnks.

in my case
i applied for pnp pr (paper file) in nov 2016. got aor 2nd feb 2017,
got married in nov 2017, added my wife in mid of december 2017 , after two days her name added to my file.
so now how long i have to wait 21 months from nov 2016 or 21 months from dec 2017.
still waiting for my medical
hi,
please be more when u applied for pr and when u added your spouse .

thnks.

in my case
i applied for pnp pr (paper file) in nov 2016. got aor 2nd feb 2017,
got married in nov 2017, added my wife in mid of december 2017 , after two days her name added to my file.
so now how long i have to wait 21 months from nov 2016 or 21 months from dec 2017.
still waiting for my medical
Hi
Have you heard anything from your CIC ?

may20162525

Jun 20, 2018
Any update ? Same situation here waiting for the golden emAil

I think it will cause a little bit of delay after adding your spouse to your application

and also it depends upon the background check Of your spouse..which includes travel history ,military background etc.

It will cause also a bit slow of your application if you apply an open work permit of your spouse outside canada.. be patient and wait for the best to come.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your help and all the information.

For the medical it doesn't say "if not yet submitted" it says " required only if you have been sent a request to update your medicals" (which we got for her) and also says " We require proof of completion of a new Immigration medical examination. Once you have had your medical exam, please include a copy of the receipt to our office as part of your submission package." And they underlined "new" in that message due to which I am confused.
Its the same letter. You can check with the agent by calling them , but most probably they will suggest you to mention it in the explanation letter that you already have submitted your medical examination (in case if they haven't received then you have to check with the doctor where it went missing)

Reactions: may20162525

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
It will cause also a bit slow of your application if you apply an open work permit of your spouse outside Canada.. be patient and wait for the best to come.
I don't think it is related to adjacent application for work permit. Because these are two different categories, for e.g. each category will send you medical request separately and not just one request. However people do submit there results / medical receipts if they have taken it recently for one of the application. Still at their end its two different set of application with different numbers.

Reactions: may20162525

ucasumon

Apr 9, 2017
i send her application on 23 aug 2017 ... they add spouse on 14 sep 2017after 20 days ...
Did you pay the application fee right away or they will ask to pay. Please let me know because I add my spouse name about 8 months ago still didn't get anything but I did not pay the fee yet and my wife is in back home. Not sure what will be the process now.

ucasumon

Apr 9, 2017
I added my spouse name in Jan 2018 she is in back home now and did not pay the application fee yet, should I pay it here in Canada or they will ask to pay over there. Someone please help

ucasumon

Apr 9, 2017
Here is my timeline, I hope it may help some people to get an idea
applied PR on july 2016.
Got married in april 2017.
Added wife in may 2017.
Name added on file in july 2017.
No reply until 18 months which was in january 2018.
contacted cic that i already crossed 18 month of proccessing time. She told me she is going to put a note right away on my wife then officer will contact you. After 2 days on january 18 officer contacted me via email that criteria for my application changed so there is not processing timeline. we are doing additional checking and told me to keep the correspondence with them minimum. Exactly after 10 days they sent me an email to send them relationship questionare form and couple of other forma to fill including wedding pics, online chat etc. But unfortunately i did not recieve that email. As they told me to keep contact with them minimum, I did not contact them for 2 months. Then i contacted them on 25th of march regarding this and they told me we asked you additional documents you did not reply. So i describe the situation and they sent me email again. Then after all i recieved medical request for me and my spouse this thursday so did medicals on friday. Now waiting for medical passed status on cic.
When you add your spouse name did you pay the application fee right away orCIC will ask for it.