+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

Jul 19, 2018
I sent my wife's documents via canada post .
It took 3 to 4 days then her name was in gckey as a dependent.
I mentioned (add on) on an envelope
I m waiting for my lending papers.
After medical.
But i lost my pass port. Now i
Wants to update the new one pass
Post #.any time line idea.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Hi
Sinp nominee
I filed federal in nov 2016. Got married and added spouse in dec 2017.
Spouse got open work permit in april 2018.

I called cic they said my file was transferred to local office (Winnipeg) in may 2018.
I didn't receive my medical request yet

Any suggestions
If I am getting it right your are waiting for your spouse medical and have gone through with your own ?
To me it looks like you will get it by next month mid. And as your starting date is Nov 2016 CIC is sending MR later in the process (again thats just my own guess and I can be wrong).
Did you receive any additional document request from Winnipeg office?

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
If I am getting it right your are waiting for your spouse medical and have gone through with your own ?
To me it looks like you will get it by next month mid. And as your starting date is Nov 2016 CIC is sending MR later in the process (again thats just my own guess and I can be wrong).
I m waiting for my medical. My wife submitted her medical when she applied for her open work permit .
No additional documents requested yet

Reactions: ayaz94

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
I m waiting for my lending papers.
After medical.
But i lost my pass port. Now i
Wants to update the new one pass
Post #.any time line idea.
If you have lost your passport then there is no other option for you except to get a new one unfortunately. You can't have an old PP number on LP with a new PP in your hand (its your main ID).
How long: Can't say for sure but I think at least 3-4 months. They will have to update their database with new PP no. and I guess for that you will need to send them all the documents where your PP number is written. (Check with the agent for document check list). Its better to wait for a few more months than to get into trouble

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
I m waiting for my medical. My wife submitted her medical when she applied for her open work permit .
No additional documents requested yet
Don't worry i guess by next month you will be getting your MR.
I am still unable to figure out why CIC is transferring file back to the originating office.

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Don't worry i guess by next month you will be getting your MR.
I am still unable to figure out why CIC is transferring file back to the originating office.
When i called them. They said its transferred for further assessment.

Any idea?
As much as i know. They cant do all the processing in single office . May be that is the reason they transferred the file .

Or may be for relationship interview or something related to relationship .

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013

Any idea?
As much as i know. They cant do all the processing in single office . May be that is the reason they transferred the file .

Well my observation is if they are going for further assessment, they ask for extra set of documents. People have suggested that when their file was transferred to local (originating) office, they have asked for additional documents (employment letters, proof of fund IELTS score etc etc.) along with Schedule A form. Schedule A form makes sense because they wanna know about recent changes for both applicant and spouse.
Sometimes they also have asked for relationship related questions too.

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
I updated my schedule A form when i sent documents of my wife to add her as a dependent. I also think they will send questions regarding relationship . Usually people receive those when they add a spouse .
Thnks for ur time and for sharing ur knowledge.

Jul 19, 2018
If you have lost your passport then there is no other option for you except to get a new one unfortunately. You can't have an old PP number on LP with a new PP in your hand (its your main ID).
How long: Can't say for sure but I think at least 3-4 months. They will have to update their database with new PP no. and I guess for that you will need to send them all the documents where your PP number is written. (Check with the agent for document check list). Its better to wait for a few more months than to get into trouble
I talked to my agent, as per him it will takes 7 working days to update on lending paperz.as we didn't rec the lending papers yet.

Jkm396

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017

Any idea?

As per my knowledge they are transfering the only those file who add the spouse, otherwise they complete file at single location and its a long time you should call to CIC and you can ask about status of your application nothing wrong in it and its only call center, i call them like every week
Your file is from 2016 Dec so already you are done 19 months and you didnt get your medical yet so there is minimum 3 months after medical, call them dont worry they cant do anything

TYHAJAR

Mar 9, 2017
Who are you to give advice and assumptions to everybody. Do not make assumptions, they requested my wife and mine Medical 7 months ago and we have not heard anything since then!

TYHAJAR

Mar 9, 2017
As per my knowledge they are transfering the only those file who add the spouse, otherwise they complete file at single location and its a long time you should call to CIC and you can ask about status of your application nothing wrong in it and its only call center, i call them like every week
Your file is from 2016 Dec so already you are done 19 months and you didnt get your medical yet so there is minimum 3 months after medical, call them dont worry they cant do anything
I added my wife last year and they did not transfer my file, it is still in Ottawa!