+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
I just called cic today.

They said for local offices like Etobicoke it may take upto 2 weeks to send PPR email after DM.
Hi Mr/Ms,

Wonder if you could provide some thoughts.
Same as everyone here, I added my spouse last year in my PNP. After adding all the requested files and waited for about an extra year:
My files were sent to local office (Etobicoke) from Central office on August 14, 2018;
I received the request of redoing my expired medical on September 18 2018;
I redid my medical on September 19 2018, and it passed.

Now it's been another month or so since I did that and IRCC has been silent.

Should I be expecting updates soon or there still could be surprises?

Thank you.

AKS5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hi Mr/Ms,

Wonder if you could provide some thoughts.
Same as everyone here, I added my spouse last year in my PNP. After adding all the requested files and waited for about an extra year:
My files were sent to local office (Etobicoke) from Central office on August 14, 2018;
I received the request of redoing my expired medical on September 18 2018;
I redid my medical on September 19 2018, and it passed.

Now it's been another month or so since I did that and IRCC has been silent.

Should I be expecting updates soon or there still could be surprises?

Thank you.
Hi

Even my file got transferred to Etobicoke on Aug 3rd.

After submitting the requested docs i never received any updates or confirmation as i was asked to send the docs via email.

2 weeks ago they said my security did not started yet.

I got DM yesterday but still waiting for PPR , the agent told me it has been approved just wait for a week or so to get the email for PPR .

Your ppr is on its way hopefully .

Might be another week or so budd.

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hi

Even my file got transferred to Etobicoke on Aug 3rd.

After submitting the requested docs i never received any updates or confirmation as i was asked to send the docs via email.

2 weeks ago they said my security did not started yet.

I got DM yesterday but still waiting for PPR , the agent told me it has been approved just wait for a week or so to get the email for PPR .

Your ppr is on its way hopefully .

Might be another week or so budd.
Thanks for your response.
So 2 weeks ago the security didn't start, and somehow 2 weeks later you got DM. This is really interesting.
Were you going to do landing interview? Did you add your spouse halfway as well?

I just am trying to find similarities so that i might have a better idea of where are my things... THX

AKS5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Thanks for your response.
So 2 weeks ago the security didn't start, and somehow 2 weeks later you got DM. This is really interesting.
Were you going to do landing interview? Did you add your spouse halfway as well?

I just am trying to find similarities so that i might have a better idea of where are my things... THX
I am still waiting for the PPR
I don’t think so security began 2 weeks ago
The kind of trend I have seen so far is agents comment no nothing about the security
Yeah I added my husband halfway

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
The kind of trend I have seen so far is agents comment no nothing about the security
Interesting, so asking them about the securitu check process is pointless...

I guess I should wait for another two weeks based on your exp., the timeline looks about right.

Good luck and thanks so much.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Agreed. CIC agents never mention about security. On their side, it is either not started or approved (or rejected) even though its been in process. Don't know why they do like that.

AKS5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Agreed. CIC agents never mention about security. On their side, it is either not started or approved (or rejected) even though its been in process. Don't know why they do like that.
Now they gonna take forever to send PPR:/

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Your comment reminded me of the character "Flash" (Sloth) from the movie Zootopia :D
Don't worry its just matter of time now.
I work for a municipal government and to be honest we have quite some stress on different projects. I also heard there is night shift for the IRCC. So I don't want to complain too much I just would like to have a better idea of where things are and the condition, rather than wait blindly.

Reactions: ayaz94