+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse as accompanying after NOI

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello experts

I need your sincere advice. I am in the express entry pool with a non-accompanying spouse at CRS 473 score. My score with my spouse is 454 therefore i decided to have non-accompanying spouse so i have better chances of ITA and then i can sponsor her. Currently, we both are on work permit in Canada, both about to expire in Jan 2024 (4 months from now).

I received NOI from Ontario recently and i am thinking to proceed with OINP as i don't have much time left until our work permit expires. I heard that i could add my spouse as accompanying if the draw score was lower than our score combined, which it will be after i get the nomination letter. Is this true? if so, then how can i change my EE profile to add my spouse as accompanying as it doesn't allow to make changes? Also, do i have to mention about changing spouse to accompanying to OINP? How can i do that since it doesn't ask in OINP application. Is it going to cost me more or same?

Thank you for your leads on this and i really appreciate your time to answer it.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
I have exactly the same situation as you do.
I checked this post https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-update-spouse-accompanying-to-yes-after-receiving-oinp-nomination.621722/page-8
and it says ok.
I send an email to the oinp office and still waiting for reply
I hope some senior members would see this and answer
Based on my research we can add the spouse after we receive the nomination and before the ITA. Please update me once you hear back from Ontario

Edward.G

Aug 21, 2023
Based on my research we can add the spouse after we receive the nomination and before the ITA. Please update me once you hear back from Ontario
Should you include your spouse as accompanying in oinp application if you plan to add them after the nomination approves? Based on your research.

My main concern and how I expressed it in. My inquiry’s to Ontario is that can I include my spouse as accompanying in my oinp application if my ee profile indicates spouse NOT accompanying.
I am pretty sure IRCC wouldn’t care how you change your ee profile.
Just that I guess your nomination better include your spouse if you have spouse accompanying.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Should you include your spouse as accompanying in oinp application if you plan to add them after the nomination approves? Based on your research.

My main concern and how I expressed it in. My inquiry’s to Ontario is that can I include my spouse as accompanying in my oinp application if my ee profile indicates spouse NOT accompanying.
I am pretty sure IRCC wouldn’t care how you change your ee profile.
Just that I guess your nomination better include your spouse if you have spouse accompanying.
I was told that after i received the 600 additional points from provincial nomination, i can edit my profile to include spouse as accompanying before ITA. Are you suggesting i should add it in the OINP application ? i don't see any where in OINP application where i can add spouse as accompanying.
Have you heard back from OINP yet? Please let me know once they let you know.
Also, whats the status of your application? Have you submitted already?

Edward.G

Aug 21, 2023
I was told that after i received the 600 additional points from provincial nomination, i can edit my profile to include spouse as accompanying before ITA. Are you suggesting i should add it in the OINP application ? i don't see any where in OINP application where i can add spouse as accompanying.
Have you heard back from OINP yet? Please let me know once they let you know.
Also, whats the status of your application? Have you submitted already?
Hello friend,
Sadly no reply yet , but I did consulted many people and dig in this forum.
What my conclusion is to apply oinp with spouse NOT accompanying.
And when you finally get you pnp and that juicy 600 points , choose spouse accompanying in EE profile.
This way you are guaranteed a pnp (unless you have other issues) and your ee profile can always change anyway since your family plan is your private affair and IRCC wouldn’t pry into it.

Reactions: sanyaak and fq786

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hello friend,
And when you finally get you pnp and that juicy 600 points , choose spouse accompanying in EE profile.
This way you are guaranteed a pnp (unless you have other issues) and your ee profile can always change anyway since your family plan is your private affair and IRCC wouldn’t pry into it.
yeah that makes sense.
when are you planning to submit you application to OINP ?

Edward.G

Aug 21, 2023
yeah that makes sense.
when are you planning to submit you application to OINP ?
I’m planning to do it as soon as I get all my docs ready.
Translation of some documents is taking me time….because I have to notarize them.
I’m hoping I can apply at early September.
What day you my friend.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Yeah, i am aiming for early september too.
Thats quite a long application so its gonna take good amount of time.
Are you a CEC or FSW worker?
Also, for the proof of funds, i think if we accompany the spouse then we have to show more funds.

Edward.G

Aug 21, 2023
Yeah, i am aiming for early september too.
Thats quite a long application so its gonna take good amount of time.
Are you a CEC or FSW worker?
Also, for the proof of funds, i think if we accompany the spouse then we have to show more funds.
I am FSW, yeah, you need more fund.
But I guess you have a job so you might not need it at all

sanyaak

Feb 17, 2024
Hello friend,
did you receive a response? how is it going?im in the same boat!