+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after ppr, taking too long, please connect here

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
We have to wait more hopefully we will get update soon. Do you know Anyone from winnipeg office with same waiting time ? Have they got any update?
No, i only know people from Vancouver that's why i thought your application must have also moved

Temidayo_

Dec 3, 2019
Thank you.

Also when you added your spouse how much did you pay? Was it the same amount you paid when tou submitted or another amount?

You can add your spouse only after the marriage
But if you don't want to wait any longer you can land before marriage and then can apply for spousal sponsorship, but that will atleast take 1 year

Jbn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Category........
PNP
Thank you.

Also when you added your spouse how much did you pay? Was it the same amount you paid when tou submitted or another amount?
They told me to pay landing fee, may be $1050 I don’t remember exactly.

enchanted101

Dec 19, 2019
Hi guys,

Here is my timeline

Initial Visa Office: Sydney, NS
Applied for express entry PR: March 12, 2019
PPR: May 21, 2019
Got Married July 15, 2019
Was informed that my application has been Referred to Vancouver for spouse addition
Did Spouse Medical Upfront, got my PCC again and submitted docs via web form: Aug 27, 2019
Acknowledgement: Sept 6, 2019
Submitted Web form asking status: Dec 15, 2019
Got reply today saying that it is in process and to wait.

@Happysoul26 I guess I will get mine way after you get yours.

My OWP is expirining March 29, 2020. When should I apply for BOWP
Should I get GCMS notes? Is there any use in getting one? Will it further delay my application?

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
Hi guys,

Here is my timeline

Was informed that my application has been Referred to Vancouver for spouse addition
Did Spouse Medical Upfront, got my PCC again and submitted docs via web form: Aug 27, 2019

Should I get GCMS notes? Is there any use in getting one? Will it further delay my application?
I
Hi guys,

Here is my timeline

There are people who have added their spouse in Jan with nothing started as yet so you can imagine

But you never know they may fasten the process next year, so let's hope for the best

About the gcms notes, i have not applied for it because of the same fear that it will further delay the process, so can't advice you on that

enchanted101

Dec 19, 2019
I

There are people who have added their spouse in Jan with nothing started as yet so you can imagine

But you never know they may fasten the process next year, so let's hope for the best

About the gcms notes, i have not applied for it because of the same fear that it will further delay the process, so can't advice you on that
Yeah. I got really depressed after reading this thread. But, its good to know that there are ppl like me. I see a lot of posts about eligibility, criminality and seucirty. How do you get all that info?

simranj72

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
The required docs are badically the same for all. This is the email I got from SGVO:

To advise us of a change to your family composition, please send us a signed letter via mail or email, providing us with all required changes to your file. The following information must be included in the letter if we are to make the changes:

- full name,
- date of birth,
- file number [Letter followed by a nine-digit number],
- telephone number, including area code,
- mailing address

As we require your signature on this information, please note that your current family composition has not been amended in our records.

How to add your spouse to your application:
In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:
· Updated IMM0008 Generic form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself
· Schedule A Background Declaration form, and a Family Information form completed and signed by your spouse
· Processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
· Notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse
· Copy of your spouse’s valid passport
· Two recent passport-size photographs of your spouse according to the specifications
· A copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
· A few wedding photographs
· Police clearance certificates for any country in which the spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18
· The Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)

There is a confusion on IMM0008 whether spouse needs to fill it out too, but only the PA needs that with the spouse name on it.

IMM5406 is to be filled out separately by you and your spouse. Schedule A is for spouse only.

The medical exam is not on the list but sent it upfront too. So far no ADR has been asked yet. His name with UCI was added in my account on 20-Dec.

Edit: Yes, that’s the email address. I am calling this number +1 (613) 944-4000 using Hangouts.
Hi, Can you please help me as to how to upload all the documents. I have no place in my profile to upload any additional documents.

Do I need to send the hard copies via courrier or email it to them?

simranj72

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
I submitted her docs on 26th Jan.

Received meds request on 15th Feb.
Can you please let me know, how did your upload the documents. I have only received an email acknowledging my marriage and asking for submission of docs within 30 days. But I have no place in my profile to upload the additional documents, where should I send them the documents.

mnair.anop

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Can you please let me know, how did your upload the documents. I have only received an email acknowledging my marriage and asking for submission of docs within 30 days. But I have no place in my profile to upload the additional documents, where should I send them the documents.
There is a place for uploading the additional documents. On your account there is an option called view application. In that you can add additional documents. There would be a spot already available in that for your wife.
Check out it