+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after ppr, taking too long, please connect here

syedeali

Apr 24, 2018
we are in the same boat. my application is with NEW DELHI VISA OFFICE. what about your VO (Visa Office)
We keep our communication to Ottawa, should be Ottawa. I'm from India Hyderabad.

Did they ask you to return copr when you informed about change in marital status?

tecktadka

Jan 20, 2018
We keep our communication to Ottawa, should be Ottawa. I'm from India Hyderabad.

Did they ask you to return copr when you informed about change in marital status?
Yes they did

but - there were no instructions and hence I never submitted.
I called vfs and they said u can return the copr when u submit passport for re-stamping.

syedeali

Apr 24, 2018
Yes they did

but - there were no instructions and hence I never submitted.
I called vfs and they said u can return the copr when u submit passport for re-stamping.
Our case is strange, they did not ask to return copr. I usually see all are asked to return copr in case.

Feb 7, 2018
Hi All, I am currently at IP2 ie. My background check is being processed.
I got engaged last month, and I wish my fiance to accompany me / or his immigration to Canada takes lesser time.
My questions are:
1. As we are planning to get married with the proper ceremony in the end of 2018, or beginning of 2019, can we proceed with a court marriage and add him to my application?
2. At what stage should I add the change to my application, so that the process is smooth?
3. Can I land in Canada and come back and then get married and then inform CIC of the change?
4. My concern is that sponsorship of a spouse takes a lot of time in processing, what are other alternatives in my situation?
Thank you.

tecktadka

Jan 20, 2018
Our case is strange, they did not ask to return copr. I usually see all are asked to return copr in case.
Was it not the first line of the email you got while asking for all the spouse documents?

Also - till what date is your COPR (issued as single) valid?

tecktadka

Jan 20, 2018
Hi All, I am currently at IP2 ie. My background check is being processed.
I got engaged last month, and I wish my fiance to accompany me / or his immigration to Canada takes lesser time.
My questions are:
1. As we are planning to get married with the proper ceremony in the end of 2018, or beginning of 2019, can we proceed with a court marriage and add him to my application?
2. At what stage should I add the change to my application, so that the process is smooth?
3. Can I land in Canada and come back and then get married and then inform CIC of the change?
4. My concern is that sponsorship of a spouse takes a lot of time in processing, what are other alternatives in my situation?
Thank you.
Congratulations both on PR and Marriage. I had similar doubts before marriage.
1. Court Marriage sounds fishy to CIC - esp if its arranged marriage
2. once u get PPR - don't submit passport but raise a Case Specific Enquiry with your visa office
3. Yes but then ur spouse will have apply independently or u will have to sponsor him (Sponsorship take 1year - during which you have to be in Canada - bad option)
Option 1: Get married and raise a CSE - they ask for all proofs of marriage / engagement / honeymoon - better to go thru this rather than court marriage.
Option 2: Go to Canada now > Get married > Spouse to apply independently (u r already a landed PR by then)

Feb 7, 2018
Congratulations both on PR and Marriage. I had similar doubts before marriage.
1. Court Marriage sounds fishy to CIC - esp if its arranged marriage
2. once u get PPR - don't submit passport but raise a Case Specific Enquiry with your visa office
3. Yes but then ur spouse will have apply independently or u will have to sponsor him (Sponsorship take 1year - during which you have to be in Canada - bad option)
Option 1: Get married and raise a CSE - they ask for all proofs of marriage / engagement / honeymoon - better to go thru this rather than court marriage.
Option 2: Go to Canada now > Get married > Spouse to apply independently (u r already a landed PR by then)
Hey tecktadka !!! Thanku so much for the wishes and an elaborate reply...
1. Do you have personal experience with the whole process?? What's the time that it takes to complete the process??

In your opinion, court marriage and sponsorship are both out !! That means I get married with the whole "taam-jhaam".

This also means that my PPR / copr will be held...until my spouse recieves his PR.

2. Isn't there any means by which I land in Canada and start looking for a job, and meanwhile my spouse's application is being processed??? I hope my question is clear Nd not lame?

tecktadka

Jan 20, 2018
Hey tecktadka !!! Thanku so much for the wishes and an elaborate reply...
1. Do you have personal experience with the whole process?? What's the time that it takes to complete the process??

In your opinion, court marriage and sponsorship are both out !! That means I get married with the whole "taam-jhaam".

This also means that my PPR / copr will be held...until my spouse recieves his PR.

2. Isn't there any means by which I land in Canada and start looking for a job, and meanwhile my spouse's application is being processed??? I hope my question is clear Nd not lame?
no worries. this is all result of my research on this forum. To answer:-

1. I got married this year and have my application in queue since June. Few posts on forum indicate that New Delhi VO is taking around 4-5 months to finish these applications. (Spouse addition to an approved PR application).

In my case, I got my visa stamped last Diwali and still can't go till my spouse gets her stamped.

2. Firstly - u don't have PPR yet. Assuming its stamped soon - its for u to decide if u really want to go to Canada in winters. then come back to Desh for shaadi - after convincing your employer for a shaadi break.

In terms of options -

What I read on this forum indicates a court marriage in Indian scenario is fishy / red alert for CIC. If you have been staying together , you can prove it as a Common Law Partner and get your collective PR even before Jan (can do honeymoon in CA then). Another route, is to marry in Canada (woo -hoo: destination wedding but oops in Canadian winters)

I have been in that state - u want to do both PR and marriage to progress. but its tough. I can only think CLP / Independent route as options.

Alternate move - ask spouse to apply independently. Has its own cons. My fiancee - wanted to move to Canada together and didn't want to give all the exams / WES.

In my opinion its best to start new journey in Canada together and move once for good - rather than soft landing + sponsorship - so i chose the path I suggested.

If it helps - I chose the path coz I wanted to enjoy both the marriage ceremony and the PR move and hence decided not to mix beer with Wine. - one thing at a time.

Please do let me know on how you decide to proceed. - Also consult with other before you decide

* No question is lame - maybe u find out a way I could NOT
** You only get married once - so Taam Jhaam is a must

Reactions: nirlep22chhibber

syedeali

Apr 24, 2018
Was it not the first line of the email you got while asking for all the spouse documents?

Also - till what date is your COPR (issued as single) valid?
That line was missing for us. Rest letter was same as others get for spouse doc.

Copr expires on 25th Oct.

Feb 7, 2018
In my case, the problem is that, I haven't been working since November. I am getting a little too impatient to start working again. To wait for another 6 months or more seems so difficult. But at the same time, waiting for my fiance to be with me in Canada would become even more difficult.

But yes, I understand whatever points you mentioned. It will take me a little more research and thinking to come up with a decision.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again !!
Will come back with another query if needed :)

no worries. this is all result of my research on this forum. To answer:-

1. I got married this year and have my application in queue since June. Few posts on forum indicate that New Delhi VO is taking around 4-5 months to finish these applications. (Spouse addition to an approved PR application).

In my case, I got my visa stamped last Diwali and still can't go till my spouse gets her stamped.

2. Firstly - u don't have PPR yet. Assuming its stamped soon - its for u to decide if u really want to go to Canada in winters. then come back to Desh for shaadi - after convincing your employer for a shaadi break.

In terms of options -

What I read on this forum indicates a court marriage in Indian scenario is fishy / red alert for CIC. If you have been staying together , you can prove it as a Common Law Partner and get your collective PR even before Jan (can do honeymoon in CA then). Another route, is to marry in Canada (woo -hoo: destination wedding but oops in Canadian winters)

I have been in that state - u want to do both PR and marriage to progress. but its tough. I can only think CLP / Independent route as options.

Alternate move - ask spouse to apply independently. Has its own cons. My fiancee - wanted to move to Canada together and didn't want to give all the exams / WES.

In my opinion its best to start new journey in Canada together and move once for good - rather than soft landing + sponsorship - so i chose the path I suggested.

If it helps - I chose the path coz I wanted to enjoy both the marriage ceremony and the PR move and hence decided not to mix beer with Wine. - one thing at a time.

Please do let me know on how you decide to proceed. - Also consult with other before you decide

* No question is lame - maybe u find out a way I could NOT
** You only get married once - so Taam Jhaam is a must