+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after ppr, taking too long, please connect here

syedeali

Apr 24, 2018
Usually the request for Passport and old COPR comes along with the letter with docs request to add spouse. But if they haven't asked for it, probably they dnt need it in your case. For assurance, you can call IRCC and check with them
Yeah, I did not get it in letter listing additional spouse documents to be submitted. Just to cross verify I called the agent on May 5th as it was a month since AOR and indirectly asked him if something is pending to submit from my side and he responded no. Coming to status he said elegibility is pass and background is in progress. We are waiting since April 4th!

solid daddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Lahore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-06-2018
IELTS Request
L8 R9 W7.5 S7
Do we have to show proof of funds for the partner as well if we add spouse after eAPR or PPR??

baldev.asnanie

Dec 8, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2018
Med's Request
21-04-2018
Med's Done....
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
16-05-2018
Yeah, I did not get it in letter listing additional spouse documents to be submitted. Just to cross verify I called the agent on May 5th as it was a month since AOR and indirectly asked him if something is pending to submit from my side and he responded no. Coming to status he said elegibility is pass and background is in progress. We are waiting since April 4th!
Yeah, probably your file is stuck with someone who has a lot of work load. Dnt worry, Im sure you'll get a positive update by end of this month. Keep us posted :)

baldev.asnanie

Dec 8, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2018
Med's Request
21-04-2018
Med's Done....
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
16-05-2018
Do we have to show proof of funds for the partner as well if we add spouse after eAPR or PPR??
For most of the cases they dnt ask for proof of funds again as your financial credibility is proven when you first applied as a single. I guess they assume you still have all those funds currently that you showed earlier.

Reactions: tecktadka

Jitgolf85

Aug 26, 2015
Hello everyone
I hv submitted my spouse docs..got married after receiving ppr. Can anyone advide what they check in spouse background checks...

baldev.asnanie

Dec 8, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2018
Med's Request
21-04-2018
Med's Done....
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
16-05-2018
Hello everyone
I hv submitted my spouse docs..got married after receiving ppr. Can anyone advide what they check in spouse background checks...
Not much. They'll just rely on your wife's PCC, proof of relationship docs and information provided on Schedule A, etc forms followed by medical exam results. Once all that is cleared you will get a PPR for both.

All the best

Jitgolf85

Aug 26, 2015
Not much. They'll just rely on your wife's PCC, proof of relationship docs and information provided on Schedule A, etc forms followed by medical exam results. Once all that is cleared you will get a PPR for both.

All the best
Thanks for your quick response. Any suggestion on how much time it generally takes from the medical passing. our medical status changed to passed last week. VO is NDVO

baldev.asnanie

Dec 8, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2018
Med's Request
21-04-2018
Med's Done....
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
16-05-2018
Thanks for your quick response. Any suggestion on how much time it generally takes from the medical passing. our medical status changed to passed last week. VO is NDVO
It takes anywhere from 2 to 10 weeks from the time of medical passing. You can expect a PPR anytime this week or the next. But even if it takes a little longer, dont worry. It will surely come

All the best, keep us posted. Cheers!

Jitgolf85

Aug 26, 2015
It takes anywhere from 2 to 10 weeks from the time of medical passing. You can expect a PPR anytime this week or the next. But even if it takes a little longer, dont worry. It will surely come

All the best, keep us posted. Cheers!
Thanks Baldev. Lets hope for the best..will post update as soon as I get

manoo.rawat

May 28, 2018
Hi Aroonabi / Tammi. Could you please advise me.

I have my PR visa stamped and its valid for entry till Sep 2018. I am getting married in April 2018. I was planning to do a soft landing before April and then relocate permanently in Aug 2018 and try to find a decent job before winters. My wife would not be moving to Canada till I find a reputable job in the country. Would it be advisable to land now as single or wait till post marriage.

I am awry of things going wrong or any policy changes incase I return my visa now and that is why I was looking at Spousal Sponsorship route. Also, I would avoid landing in Winters, so returning my COPR + PR visa would mean a delay of one year as we would get our Marriage registered only by May.

Unless, I am required to live in Canada for few months before I can sponsor my spouse, I do not see sponsorship as a challenge as my spouse would take around 4-5 months to leave her job in India and wrap up everything here before moving for good.

Please guide on any unforeseen complications here and suggest the best alternative.
Hi,
I am also in similar situation, can you please guide me what approach you took?

I got my PR visa stamped in Feb and its valid for entry till Sep 2018. I got married in April 2018 and have not informed CIC yet as I am waiting for my wife's passport.

manoo.rawat

May 28, 2018
Hi All,

Can someone please guide me:

I got my PR visa stamped and it is valid for entry till Sep 2018. I got married in April 2018. My wife has applied for passport and it will be available by July.

My questions are:

Should I wait to inform CIC about my status change till my wife receives her passport or shall I inform them ASAP? I don't want to be in a situation where CIC ask for my wife's passport and it is not available.

Once I inform CIC about my status change, will my existing visa stand cancelled until decision is made on my wife's eligibility?

How much time this process will take? What if my wife's processing is not over by Sep? My medical will also expire at same time. Will I have to re-appear for medical?

Please guide on any unforeseen complications here and suggest the best alternative.

solid daddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Lahore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-06-2018
IELTS Request
L8 R9 W7.5 S7
What if got married after eAPR but have no proof of funds for my partner! Please help

tecktadka

Jan 20, 2018
Hi,
I am also in similar situation, can you please guide me what approach you took?

I got my PR visa stamped in Feb and its valid for entry till Sep 2018. I got married in April 2018 and have not informed CIC yet as I am waiting for my wife's passport.
we are in same boat buddy. I think you need to raise CSE now. Instead of passport you can provide them confirmation that passport has been applied. they will give u 30 days to submit documents. Once done, u wait for PPR.