+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after ppr, taking too long, please connect here

Agaton

Jul 29, 2021
No update for me. They shud atleast give a timeline as to wen can our applications will be finalized coz dis wait seems never ending.
Wow this is very concerning. Is there any way to get in touch with ircc other than the web form?

When we talked to an immigration attorney, they gave us a timeline of 2-3 months. This was in April 2021

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Wow this is very concerning. Is there any way to get in touch with ircc other than the web form?

When we talked to an immigration attorney, they gave us a timeline of 2-3 months. This was in April 2021
U can opt to mail your visa office but I don't think other than a generic or covid response you will anything else. Wat u mean by timeline of 2-3 months. N wat is ur application status? N ur application timeline?

Agaton

Jul 29, 2021
U can opt to mail your visa office but I don't think other than a generic or covid response you will anything else. Wat u mean by timeline of 2-3 months. N wat is ur application status? N ur application timeline?
How do I find out which visa office my file is at?
In my case, I was added to my spouse’s application post PPR, in June 2021. We were told by an immigration attorney that processing me as a dependent would take 2-3 months but looks like that timeline is way off.

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
How do I find out which visa office my file is at?
In my case, I was added to my spouse’s application post PPR, in June 2021. We were told by an immigration attorney that processing me as a dependent would take 2-3 months but looks like that timeline is way off.
Right it wud have taken 2-3 months normally but with dis whole pandemic thing I don't knw wat to expect. I added my husband post ppr n copr in the month of Jan 2020. I still haven't received ppr n it's more than 1.5 years. U can know ur visa office through gcms notes

Agaton

Jul 29, 2021
Right it wud have taken 2-3 months normally but with dis whole pandemic thing I don't knw wat to expect. I added my husband post ppr n copr in the month of Jan 2020. I still haven't received ppr n it's more than 1.5 years. U can know ur visa office through gcms notes
That’s crazy. I managed to talk to an agent using an app called TextNow and calling 888 242 2100. They just said that all docs were received but failed to give a timeline.
Maybe you can try it too.

What were the next steps for you after adding your husband to the application?
did they ask you to send back your passport? Biometrics? medical?

Also I’m guessing you also had no way of tracking the status other than gcms notes or is there an update in your Cic account?

bearypink

Apr 30, 2018
Hello! I have an on going CEC application and recently got married so I wanted to add my husband. I recently received a call from IRCC for final interview but I told her I’m adding my husband so we didn’t proceed with the interview. I’ve already raised a webform but haven’t received a response. How soon should my husband apply for Open Work Permit? He’s currently holding a Closed Work Permit but wanted to change employer so he wants to apply for OWP

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
That’s crazy. I managed to talk to an agent using an app called TextNow and calling 888 242 2100. They just said that all docs were received but failed to give a timeline.
Maybe you can try it too.

What were the next steps for you after adding your husband to the application?
did they ask you to send back your passport? Biometrics? medical?

Also I’m guessing you also had no way of tracking the status other than gcms notes or is there an update in your Cic account?
Well I had few updates in 2020. Like dey cancelled my visa stamp n copr and requested documents to add my spouse which included medical, pcc, forms,visa fees except bio fee, questionnaire etc. My visa office before was ottawa den dey transferred to new Delhi aft adding spouse. In April 2020 dey asked for bio fees, in aug 2020 dey asked to redo my medical as it expired,in Nov 2020 I got bil for spouse ,in Dec 2020 dey asked additional documents dat included photos of diff occasions to prove relationship,in Jan 2021 we gave the biometrics in dubai coz VFS here wer closed,in feb 2021 dey mailed saying dey received my additional documents. Since den der has been no update on the application. My husband's medical expired in Jan 2021 but dey didn't ask anything regarding it. N now my medicals will expire dis month. Gcms notes gave this update n Last update was on 24th feb abt receiving documents. It's seems like life went on hold. All our plans are on hold we cannot plan anything coz of this uncertainty of visa. We didn't knw wen will we have our visa coming in n so we living in anxiety stress n wat not coz v r nt able to plan anything ahead.

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Hello! I have an on going CEC application and recently got married so I wanted to add my husband. I recently received a call from IRCC for final interview but I told her I’m adding my husband so we didn’t proceed with the interview. I’ve already raised a webform but haven’t received a response. How soon should my husband apply for Open Work Permit? He’s currently holding a Closed Work Permit but wanted to change employer so he wants to apply for OWP
Well I don't know abt the work permit stuff. As to add on request for ur spouse the reply can take anywer frm a week's time to a month or more due to pandemic now. With web form do also mail ur visa office that now ur status has been changed n now ur married n want to add ur spouse. They will request u with documents to be submitted.

Agaton

Jul 29, 2021
Well I had few updates in 2020. Like dey cancelled my visa stamp n copr and requested documents to add my spouse which included medical, pcc, forms,visa fees except bio fee, questionnaire etc. My visa office before was ottawa den dey transferred to new Delhi aft adding spouse. In April 2020 dey asked for bio fees, in aug 2020 dey asked to redo my medical as it expired,in Nov 2020 I got bil for spouse ,in Dec 2020 dey asked additional documents dat included photos of diff occasions to prove relationship,in Jan 2021 we gave the biometrics in dubai coz VFS here wer closed,in feb 2021 dey mailed saying dey received my additional documents. Since den der has been no update on the application. My husband's medical expired in Jan 2021 but dey didn't ask anything regarding it. N now my medicals will expire dis month. Gcms notes gave this update n Last update was on 24th feb abt receiving documents. It's seems like life went on hold. All our plans are on hold we cannot plan anything coz of this uncertainty of visa. We didn't knw wen will we have our visa coming in n so we living in anxiety stress n wat not coz v r nt able to plan anything ahead.
Thank you for the update. Sorry to hear that this has caused you so much stress. I understand what that's like. Hope you hear a good news soon.

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Hello I got an update from ircc on 9th aug 2021 to submit a newly completed schedule A form for my spouse. Can anyone here tell wat wud be the reason dey asked it again?

rid.patel

Dec 30, 2020
Hello People,
I need some urgent suggestion on this situation.

My husband added me after his PPR on January 2020, we got biometric fees request on 24th April, 2020 After that we haven't received any single update in this 17 months, same response in webform, no update in GCMC notes, on call they are not revealing anything,
We are planning to apply for student visa or for spouse open work permit,
(My husband's work permit is going to expire in November 2021 and he already applied for renewal)
we have few queries listed below. we would appreciate if anyone from you can give us some advice.

1.Which one is best or less chance of rejection in this scenario (study or work permit)
2.Will that affect our existing PR file,
We know financially study permit is bad option but we still okay with that.

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: akshaypatel0709

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Hello...if someone can please help me with this query. I added my spouse and provided court marriage certificate to ircc but as a muslim I did nikah which is the authentication of the marriage according to my religion. And now I have that certificate too and I got it translated in English version and is valid as per indian law. My question is though ircc haven't asked for my religious marriage certificate shud I go ahead n submit it as a supporting document for my application.?
I was asked to submit my spouse schedule A again on 9th aug 2021.