+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after ppr, taking too long, please connect here

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
let me give you some background. I got married while my file is in processing.

After PPR, I called them and updated that I got married.

They sent the below email with all forms to be completed and asked me to upload via webform.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

I sent all those forms via webform. After 1 week they again emailed saying they received all forms and forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

And also stated "If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."

I got this response on April 24th. But still I don't see my spouse UCI added in the online account nor they requested for her medicals.

Are you in the same situation?
Somewhat like my case. I updated through webform on 26 January, received same mail on 30 January, updated all requested documents on 26 February. Now file transferred to local VO i.e. NDVO, they again requested all documents to be submitted within 30 days by EMAIL. May got UCI No. for spouse after that.

vinay9023

May 31, 2019
Recieved landing interview email today!

Added spouse (common-law) September 15 after ppr
Received UCI October 12
File transferred to Vancouver VO October 26
ADR May 2 (additional proof of cohabitation, imm 5562e form, Schedule A for spouse)
ADR submitted May 7
Adr status "not applicable" May 8
Ghost update May 17
Second Ghost update May 24
Landing interview email May 31
Landing interview in Etobicoke office in 1.5 weeks.
Wish Good luck to everyone waiting here!!!
Crazy that it took you almost 9 months! Congratulations btw!

Reactions: Miha_z

sentieh

Jan 14, 2019
I see everyone here very passionate about moving to Canada. Many people succeed and many come across disappointment. Today I would like to spread this message that the people who could not succeed in migrating to Canada should not feel sad at all, here is why:

1.) Life is a beautiful bliss, it is not dependent upon being in Canada to be happy.

2.) Success in life is not dependent upon a specific country.

3.) Life is Canada for immigrants is not a piece of cake. Many immigrants struggle to even meet their ends. There are very less white-collar jobs here and Canada is an expensive country. So, Canada is surely not a heaven.

4.) Countries like India, Bangladesh and Pakistan have rapidly growing economies. They'll be the future soon.

I am trying to tell a truth and I hope it will help people here. Do know that if you could not come to Canada, that does not mean you lost a lot in life. Keep your hope alive for a life full of happiness and success even if you are not in Canada :)

Reactions: kushagra452

ziimy

May 18, 2019

They sent the below email with all forms to be completed and asked me to upload via webform.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

I sent all those forms via webform. After 1 week they again emailed saying they received all forms and forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

And also stated "If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."

I got this response on April 24th. But still I don't see my spouse UCI added in the online account nor they requested for her medicals.

They did not send the complete kit to you.. You are suppose to pay for ur wife processing fee, PCC, Upfront medical, Marriage cert, Wife birth cert,

ziimy

May 18, 2019
H
Recieved landing interview email today!

Added spouse (common-law) September 15 after ppr
Received UCI October 12
File transferred to Vancouver VO October 26
ADR May 2 (additional proof of cohabitation, imm 5562e form, Schedule A for spouse)
ADR submitted May 7
Adr status "not applicable" May 8
Ghost update May 17
Second Ghost update May 24
Landing interview email May 31
Landing interview in Etobicoke office in 1.5 weeks.
Wish Good luck to everyone waiting here!!!
Hi, did dey send ur spouse for biometric and when?

Miha_z

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
28 July 2018
H

Hi, did dey send ur spouse for biometric and when?
No, they didn't, I think it's either not required for applications submitted before August 2018 or it's not inland applicants thing.

vinay9023

May 31, 2019

Good day,

I see only a single field to attach in the form. Did you combine all those forms and uploaded them at once? Did you call them and update your marital status btw? I am not receiving any instructions from them to add these documents as they didn't acknowledge my situation on both my enquiries. Can I submit these documents in the webform and wait for them to pass me on further instructions?

india_usa_canada_pr

Feb 19, 2019
I see only a single field to attach in the form. Did you combine all those forms and uploaded them at once? Did you call them and update your marital status btw? I am not receiving any instructions from them to add these documents as they didn't acknowledge my situation on both my enquiries. Can I submit these documents in the webform and wait for them to pass me on further instructions?
Yes I combined all forms into one document.

I called them and they emailed me all the docs. And I uploaded via webform.

You can do one thing. Raise webform asking a query. They should send you all the details.

india_usa_canada_pr

Feb 19, 2019
Somewhat like my case. I updated through webform on 26 January, received same mail on 30 January, updated all requested documents on 26 February. Now file transferred to local VO i.e. NDVO, they again requested all documents to be submitted within 30 days by EMAIL. May got UCI No. for spouse after that.
So you mean to say I need to wait for some more time?

And sometimes I get a doubt, whether I am checking in the right place online or not.

Is my spouse UCI should be somewhere added in the application information section when we login?

If yes, then as of now I don't see anything in that place.

Reactions: Manbirsingh

vinay9023

May 31, 2019
Yes I combined all forms into one document.

I called them and they emailed me all the docs. And I uploaded via webform.

You can do one thing. Raise webform asking a query. They should send you all the details.
Good to know. I thought CIC doesn't usually entertain calls for enquiries.
I did raise queries through the webform but I'm getting an irrelevant response. Here is what I hear from them. Do you see anything wrong in it or can you infer anything from their response?

india_usa_canada_pr

Feb 19, 2019
Good to know. I thought CIC doesn't usually entertain calls for enquiries.
I did raise queries through the webform but I'm getting an irrelevant response. Here is what I hear from them. Do you see anything wrong in it or can you infer anything from their response?
Even I didn't infer anything from their response what they mean by resolved. But they responded well through phone call and sent email in my case.

Try to call them again and explain your situation.

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
So you mean to say I need to wait for some more time?

And sometimes I get a doubt, whether I am checking in the right place online or not.

Is my spouse UCI should be somewhere added in the application information section when we login?

If yes, then as of now I don't see anything in that place.
I think spouse can be added by ourself to our online application. Medical requests and all other requirements by CIC will also sent to email not only in our online account. My ppr mail and spouse’ Documents requirements are also received through email not in gc account. The all emails are received to my representative only.