+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after COPR

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Thank you for sharing!
I informed them via webform on 09/29 and got a confirmation email on 10/01. Nothing since and just waiting for their further instructions.
I didn't upload all documents though! Just part of the proof for our common-law partnership and a copy of my partner's passport. I will post here if I hear anything.
Can you please share your confirmation email please

AG-PPR2020

Jan 25, 2021
US
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
07-12-2020
Med's Done....
16-12-2020
Passport Req..
14-01-2021
Can you please share your confirmation email please
"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the updated information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

agent xxxx"

samm153

Jun 2, 2021
Hello Members,
I am an inland applicant but my fiance is outside Canada.
I have already applied for Express entry (CEC) and it's been 3 months I have received AOR, I am planning to get married in next month and was wondering if I should let IRCC know about this but I don't have any proof of Marriage Registration.
My question is let's assume if I get portal email/COPR before I get married, would I still be able to add my spouse in the same application?
Any feedback's would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Rayraygreen

Sep 1, 2018
Hi members, created a telegram group to connect better for applicants married post AOR/CoPR .. kindly personal message me to be added...

Window2176

Jan 4, 2018
Finally some correspondence from NDVO.Did an upfront medical a month back as the previous ones had expired. Got a medicals passed update on my cic.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Finally some correspondence from NDVO.Did an upfront medical a month back as the previous ones had expired. Got a medicals passed update on my cic.
@Window2176 what was the recent request from NVDO about?

mparavindh

Feb 19, 2020
Guys I have a question. I'm an expired COPR and now adding my spouse to my application. My question is:

1. Is it ever possible that the primary applicant can get COPR while the dependent spouse application is still in progress?
  2. And if that happens, Can I travel and become a PR even before my spouse application is approved?
What are your thoughts?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Guys I have a question. I'm an expired COPR and now adding my spouse to my application. My question is:

1. Is it ever possible that the primary applicant can get COPR while the dependent spouse application is still in progress?
  2. And if that happens, Can I travel and become a PR even before my spouse application is approved?
What are your thoughts?
@mparavindh since you have added your spouse to the application, COPR will be issued for both of you only. You cannot enter Canada alone as your family composition has changed.