+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after COPR

DonCorleone

Nov 30, 2020
Hello, Can you add me to telegram group as well please. +1 8722182216.

I have a CoPR expiring in feb 2022 and trying to add my wife. I've tried raising webform, sending email and trying to call IRCC. But no progress on the request.

Any directions would be appreciated.

Reactions: Rayraygreen

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm about to get married and need to add my spouse after AOR but before COPR. I have completed all IMM forms + other docs and about to send them all to IRCC via webform to inform the marriage.

My question: For IMM008 (Generic Application Form), do I need to sign them by Ink pen? Because usually, when uploading to IRCC portal in a placeholder, I dont need to sign by hand because I can sign electronically.
But now I send via Webform, I assume I need to print all forms out, sign, scan, and send?

Thank you

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hi guys,

I'm about to get married and need to add my spouse after AOR but before COPR. I have completed all IMM forms + other docs and about to send them all to IRCC via webform to inform the marriage.

My question: For IMM008 (Generic Application Form), do I need to sign them by Ink pen? Because usually, when uploading to IRCC portal in a placeholder, I dont need to sign by hand because I can sign electronically.
But now I send via Webform, I assume I need to print all forms out, sign, scan, and send?

Thank you
You need to check the forms guidance notes on ircc website.

They have guides for every form. There it tells us

avnijain

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
Hi I have received RFV mail and getting married next week. I am planning to update IRCC about my spouse instead of sending my passport for stamping. My question is, now that we have to submit documents for spouse as well, do we need to update our passports as well? Right now, both our passports are on our current address but after marriage we will move to a new house. So, do we have to get our passports updated to that address and add my husband to my passport? Because it is a lengthy process and will take more time than what IRCC provides to upload additional documents.

Mahek404

May 3, 2019
Can you please add me as well. I m in the same boat. Have been asked to submit passport for cancellation of visa stamp. My number - 9699354242

Reactions: Rayraygreen

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi I have received RFV mail and getting married next week. I am planning to update IRCC about my spouse instead of sending my passport for stamping. My question is, now that we have to submit documents for spouse as well, do we need to update our passports as well? Right now, both our passports are on our current address but after marriage we will move to a new house. So, do we have to get our passports updated to that address and add my husband to my passport? Because it is a lengthy process and will take more time than what IRCC provides to upload additional documents.
@avnijain spouse name need not be updated on passports. Only marriage certificate should be sufficient.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi all, I submitted several webforms with additional documents to add spouse to my PR application.
She already had a UCI (with Biometrics info) before in her separate Visitor Visa.

But now IRCC has added her to my application (I can see her as dependent) and given her a different UCI and I don't see her Biometrics number.
Does this mean she needs to re-do Bio? How do I link her 2 UCIs together?

Nancy Ashok

Mar 9, 2019
Hi Everyone, we received our ppr today.
below is my timeline
Got married July 2020
Informed cic about change in marital status on Aug 2020
My existing PR Visa expired sep 2020
Cic requested for documents-forms, relationship proof, fees etc-Jan2021
Medical and biometrics request-Jan 2022
PPR received Feb 2022

All the best everyone

Ammutam