+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADDING SPOUSE AFTER AOR

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hey everyone,

No update on my application. Still have NOT received biometrics request for spouse.

Latest GCMS notes show absolutely NO movement on my application since March 2020.

:(

Aor: feb 2020
FSW outland.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hey everyone,

No update on my application. Still have NOT received biometrics request for spouse.

Latest GCMS notes show absolutely NO movement on my application since March 2020.

:(

Aor: feb 2020
FSW outland.
When you submitted the spouse update, did you receive an email stating the required documents to be uploaded?

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hi, I will be getting married in few weeks after receiving AOR and would like to add my wife's details using webform
If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I got an email asking for documents.

I sent all documents via webform.

Then radio silence... :(
That's how it works... it takes time to add another applicant in an existing application.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Have you gone through a similar experience?

How much time before biometrics letter?
I know stuff as I filed a number of such applications....

Generally 3 months to add spouse after AOR.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Okay thanks.

Did the application portal reflect the new additions? By 3 months do you mean for the entire process or up to getting the biometrics letter?
The portal will show the additions... complete approval...

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Update.

Called IRCC and was told that my file was sent to the Montreal office.

The Montreal office are reviewing my spouse's documents.

@legalfalcon

1) Is the Montreal Office specifically looking at spouses added to PR applications?

Last edited:

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hey all,

UPDATE:

Got my CBSA notes today.

Found out that my application was sent to Montreal office to review spouse relation and finalisation. I also submitted a mandamus with the help of my lawyer.

Fingers crossed we get results and a visa soon!

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

I recently raised a webform to add my spouse to my FSW-O application. They replied me with following list:

• A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
  • (If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,
  • (If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,
  • (If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,
  • A copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship,
  • A copy of the family member's valid passport,
  • Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,
  • A letter of explanation, and
  • If applicable, the proof of payment.

Now I am filling up the form and I saw that they are asking for a UCI number in the dependent section. I am just confused about whether to fill up my UCI number over there or just leave it as it is?

Also regarding the payment, the link directs me to CIC website where I can pay for the application, RFFP and biometrics; how do I associate it with my application account - or will IRCC manage it themselves?
Hi, I am also in the process of adding spouse after COPR. please advise who need to fill the IMM0008?
Only principal applicant or both(PA and spouse.)

siju6789

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Hi guys,

I need some help regarding a Procedural Fairness Letter that we received today. Below are the contents:

"We continue to process your application for permanent residence and in light of the change to your marital status, we require clarification and updated information/documents.

Specifically, to determine whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada as a member of the Federal Skilled Worker Class, they must meet the settlement funds requirement “in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations” pursuant to sub-paragraph 76(1)(b)(i) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

Please provide the following updated documents:
 Official letters issued in the last month from any banks or financial institutions, which must:
 be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
 include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
 include your name and the current date
 list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
 include, for each current bank and investment account, o the account numbers, and the date each account was opened o current balance of each account, and the average balance for the past 6 months

Additionally, you and your spouse indicated that you lived together before marriage. In the immigration context, a common-law partnership means that a couple have lived together for at least one year in a conjugal relationship as per R1(1) of the Regulations. In the Relationship Assessment Questionnaires completed by you and your spouse, you stated that you began living together at his residence in 2019, and your spouse stated that “She moved into my apartment in early 2019 and we have been living together since then.” However the most recent IMM 5669 (Schedule A) form completed and signed by you on December 3, 2021 shows the most recent address change beginning September 2019.

Please provide the following:
 An explanation in writing as to your residency time periods and cohabitation period prior to marriage

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this letter. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account."

FYI we both have individual Express Entry FSW outland applications in the final stages and our profiles were linked in Jan 2022 and we could see each other as dependents on our accounts. At the time of applying (Jan 2020), we were not married and once we got married (Jan 2021) we had informed them.

Last week we had mailed them, asking them to finalize our applications and yesterday we got this PFL.

1. When we applied, we had shown proof of funds for 1 person. Now that they are asking for it again, we need to provide proof to support 2 people correct? For this we can also pool spouse's funds right?

2. They seem to think that we were in common law/ conjugal relationship before marriage. We weren't in one. We were living together since Sept 2019 to July 2020. But I mentioned by mistake in the questionnaire as "early 2019". Can we explain to them that this was an unintentional mistake and show them proof of travel tickets and grocery purchases to show that we were not living together before Sept 2019? We had looked this up at the time of applying and since we never stayed continuously for a year together, we didn't see ourselves as in a common law relationship.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

priyanka177

Star Member
May 26, 2022
Hello, I added my wife recently and got a request to add her document's, I have a query regarding the IMM5562 form, the request says this form should be completed and signed by my spouse. However on the form itself it is mentioned that the form should be completed by the Principal Applicant (me) and there is a section for “You” and “Your Spouse”.
What do you recommend based on your experience? Should I fill the form with my details in the “You” section or my wife’s?
Also, should my wife just fill the form or should I fill it?