+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Josh@v

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Dear Josh, I'd advise not to do upfront medicals as the main applicant, but you can do same for your spouse however. IRCC advices you not to do an upfront medical. Plus you could get an extension for your medical from IRCC so why waste money. However on the issue of these documents requested.; the email requiring you to send documents through Web form is not the only time you would be requested for these documents; another request will come again in your cic portal account by way of a letter which will give you 30days to resubmit these documents through your account and not by Web form. This happened to me and many others here (u can continue reading through the thread for better understanding). But you might be lucky that a second request isn't made.

Cheers
Thanks Naynah for your quick response.

After submitting the documents via webform, how many days did it take for them to respond with CIC portal update?

Did uploading all the documents via webform before the option to upload via website account showed up speed your process?

I have read through the thread, some posts do suggest that upfront medical did speed up PR processing. But timelines are not clearly mentioned.

Thanks in advance.

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hi,

Your comment is extremely useful.

I just wanted to confirm all these documents are to be uploaded via webForms itself ? Or will there be any upload option inside the application section?

Should there be a letter of explanation?

And my medical already expired in 2020 November, so should I go ahead a do upfront medical for both of us?
and proof of payment, how do we do that?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Josh
Letter of Explanation is needed if you asked to give one or if you need to clarify any document that you are sending or not sending to ircc. As for the Request letter for additional documents to add spouse I got it 4 or 6 months after the first untimed request. If you start reading from pages 38-43 of this chat room, I think you would understand what I am trying to say. It has a lot of explanations that are very instructive.

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Thanks Naynah for your quick response.

After submitting the documents via webform, how many days did it take for them to respond with CIC portal update?

Did uploading all the documents via webform before the option to upload via website account showed up speed your process?

I have read through the thread, some posts do suggest that upfront medical did speed up PR processing. But timelines are not clearly mentioned.

Thanks in advance.
Also I got a request for REMEDICAL and it was immediately after I had my Medicals done tht I got the request letter(I think it was two days after submitting my remdicals form). Well I saw IRCC saying on their website that if an applicants Medicals have expired do not do another one until you get a request for it. But ppl do it either ways. I had my spouse do an upfront Medicals because of the initial request for documents. But oh well I just resubmitted my spouse med form whe they requested again.

Ppl say requesting for GCMS Notes helps IRCC remember your application or having upfront Medicals doneor even sending back to back Web forms... I don't know though!

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Also I got a request for REMEDICAL and it was immediately after I had my Medicals done tht I got the request letter(I think it was two days after submitting my remdicals form). Well I saw IRCC saying on their website that if an applicants Medicals have expired do not do another one until you get a request for it. But ppl do it either ways. I had my spouse do an upfront Medicals because of the initial request for documents. But oh well I just resubmitted my spouse med form whe they requested again.

Ppl say requesting for GCMS Notes helps IRCC remember your application or having upfront Medicals doneor even sending back to back Web forms... I don't know though!
Hi Naynah, do you see your spouse's name on your cic portal now? If yes, do they have biometric and medical too?
My spouse is added to my portal, and I informed IRCC that my spouse had already done bio so we shouldn't need to do it again. But my spouse has a new UCI now (different from his previous application in his own cic portal) and the biometrics section is blank. And as for medical, it says we're reviewing the results of your medical exam since Dec 7th.

Josh- It took them around 4 months to send me the actual portal request letter to submit my spouse documents through my cic portal. See my signature for the whole timeline.

Reactions: Naynah

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hi Naynah, do you see your spouse's name on your cic portal now? If yes, do they have biometric and medical too?
My spouse is added to my portal, and I informed IRCC that my spouse had already done bio so we shouldn't need to do it again. But my spouse has a new UCI now (different from his previous application in his own cic portal) and the biometrics section is blank. And as for medical, it says we're reviewing the results of your medical exam since Dec 7th.

Josh- It took them around 4 months to send me the actual portal request letter to submit my spouse documents through my cic portal. See my signature for the whole timeline.
No I don't see my spouse on my portal yet... Please how long from the time you sent the addspouse application the second time did it take for them to put your spouse on your application

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
No I don't see my spouse on my portal yet... Please how long from the time you sent the addspouse application the second time did it take for them to put your spouse on your application
No it didn't take a long time after the second time my spouse was added after only one week :)

Reactions: Naynah

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
W
No it didn't take a long time after the second time my spouse was added after only one week :)
Wow! It's been more than two weeks for me. Tomorrow it would be exactly 3 weeks. Maybe because I couldn't submit the documents through my account but by Web forms

Reactions: maghool71

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
W

Wow! It's been more than two weeks for me. Tomorrow it would be exactly 3 weeks. Maybe because I couldn't submit the documents through my account but by Web forms
Oh, really? Why it wasn't possible to submit through your account?
Yes, I think they see things submitted through the portal faster than webforms. And that is probably why you still don't see your spouse's name in the portal. Have you received an acknowledgment email yet?

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Yes, I think they see things submitted through the portal faster than webforms. And that is probably why you still don't see your spouse's name in the portal. Have you received an acknowledgment email yet?
@maghool71 remember you had told me that if I couldn't see the provision to include documents in my online portal, I should inform them by Web form which I did and you then sent a link where Legalfalcon stated that if we couldn't submit it vide the portal we should through webform.

How do I bring that comment into this reply?

Anyhooos.... I sent them several messages for days and they never responded until after I had submitted via Web form. In fact a day to my deadline is when they responded with a meaningless response(which I followed anyways and it didnt change a thing). Recently the provision on my page flashed (it was showing that I was late to send them and I'm like dumb you). As I refreshed the page on my phone it wasn't there again (it also showed once and cleared by the time I tried to put in documents). I'm like these glitches are annoying. Only yesterday IRCC was responding to my remedical that I have passed. They had since responded but one of the many messages I sent them was what they were now responding too. I'm really tired TBH

Reactions: maghool71

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
@maghool71 remember you had told me that if I couldn't see the provision to include documents in my online portal, I should inform them by Web form which I did and you then sent a link where Legalfalcon stated that if we couldn't submit it vide the portal we should through webform.

How do I bring that comment into this reply?

Anyhooos.... I sent them several messages for days and they never responded until after I had submitted via Web form. In fact a day to my deadline is when they responded with a meaningless response(which I followed anyways and it didnt change a thing). Recently the provision on my page flashed (it was showing that I was late to send them and I'm like dumb you). As I refreshed the page on my phone it wasn't there again (it also showed once and cleared by the time I tried to put in documents). I'm like these glitches are annoying. Only yesterday IRCC was responding to my remedical that I have passed. They had since responded but one of the many messages I sent them was what they were now responding too. I'm really tired TBH
Oh, I see, I'm really sorry. Yes, this is very frustrating :/
Yes yes, I do remember you asking that you couldn't upload though your portal...

Last edited:

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
COPIED from Feb 2020 AOR thread for everyone's reference

Hello Everyone I received the Ready for Visa email today. I wish everyone good luck and escape from the agony of waiting for this long. This thing halted our lives but we need to reboot as phoenixes and come out of it.
My timelines are as follows:

ITA- 20 Dec 2019
Aor- 01 Feb 2020
Medical and biometric in February 2020
Added spouse on - 24 March 2020
Medical of spouse- 3 July 2020
remedical request for me and my spouse - 1 Dec 2021
Schedule A form for me and my spouse - 7 Dec 2021
Biometric of Spouse - 13 Dec 2021
Ghost update - 4 Feb 2022
Ready for visa email - 7 Feb 2022

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
COPIED from Feb 2020 AOR thread for everyone's reference

Hello Everyone I received the Ready for Visa email today. I wish everyone good luck and escape from the agony of waiting for this long. This thing halted our lives but we need to reboot as phoenixes and come out of it.
My timelines are as follows:

ITA- 20 Dec 2019
Aor- 01 Feb 2020
Medical and biometric in February 2020
Added spouse on - 24 March 2020
Medical of spouse- 3 July 2020
remedical request for me and my spouse - 1 Dec 2021
Schedule A form for me and my spouse - 7 Dec 2021
Biometric of Spouse - 13 Dec 2021
Ghost update - 4 Feb 2022
Ready for visa email - 7 Feb 2022
Awesome Congrats man

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Programme: FSW-OUTLAND COR/COO: Nigeria AOR: 22nd March, 2020 2nd Med req: 23rd Nov. 2021(done 20th Dec, 2021) Request letter for add spouse: 22nd December 2021 2nd med passed: 1st January, 2022 Add Spouse req submitted:16 January, 2022(spouse hasn't been added-long story as I have already narrated my ordeal )

RFV received: 11th February, 2022

Note: Not completely excited about the golden mail until my spouse is included in my application