+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi all, I submitted several web forms with additional documents to add a spouse to my PR application.
She already had a UCI (with Biometrics info) before in her separate Visitor Visa.

But now IRCC has added her to my application (I can see her as a dependent) and given her a different UCI and I don't see her Biometrics number.
Does this mean she needs to re-do Bio? How do I link her 2 UCIs together?
Hi @legalfalcon could you help with my Query?

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi all, I submitted several web forms with additional documents to add a spouse to my PR application.
She already had a UCI (with Biometrics info) before in her separate Visitor Visa.

But now IRCC has added her to my application (I can see her as a dependent) and given her a different UCI and I don't see her Biometrics number.
Does this mean she needs to re-do Bio? How do I link her 2 UCIs together?
Hi, my spouse was added to my application with a different UCI and blank biometrics info too. Don't really know why, or what the next steps are. But it seems like at least our spouses are added and we won't be further troubled with receiving PPRs separately.
Haven't received any bio request, even though my spouse should technically be bio-exempt. But this was more than 2 months ago and still no update. I've ordered notes and will let you know if anything was in the notes.

Last edited:
Reactions: baryonix

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi, my spouse was added to my application with a different UCI and blank biometrics info too. Don't really know why, or what the next steps are. But it seems like at least our spouses are added and we won't be further trouble of receiving PPRs separately.
Haven't received any bio request, even though my spouse should technically be bio-exempt. But this was more than 2 months ago and still no update. I've ordered notes and will let you know if anything was in the notes.
I really appreciate your response. When sending the webforms, I have mentioned explicitly my spouse UCI in many places, so I'm sure they have seen it but decided to give her a different UCI for some reason.
I couldn't find any other similar cases on the forum...

Reactions: maghool71

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
I really appreciate your response. When sending the webforms, I have mentioned explicitly my spouse UCI in many places, so I'm sure they have seen it but decided to give her a different UCI for some reason.
I couldn't find any other similar cases on the forum...
I think this is probably how they do these spouses addition to the applications... I explained to them that my husband already has a UCI and has done bio too, but obviously, they didn't bother. And we just have to wait and see if they ask for a new bio.

vishlion

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
30-10-2020
Med's Done....
Passed (08-12-2020)
Interview........
N/A
Finally some movement. Received the BIL for my spouse at last.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Finally some movement. Received the BIL for my spouse at last.
That is great news!!!!
But OMG, it took them 5 months after adding your spouse to actually request for BIL. I am crying now.
What about your medical status? Does it say passed, or in progress, or we don't need medical?

Thanks for sharing your update with us! Best of luck!!!!

Reactions: vishlion

vishlion

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
30-10-2020
Med's Done....
Passed (08-12-2020)
Interview........
N/A
That is great news!!!!
But OMG, it took them 5 months after adding your spouse to actually request for BIL. I am crying now.
What about your medical status? Does it say passed, or in progress, or we don't need medical?

Thanks for sharing your update with us! Best of luck!!!!
I raised multiple web forms & wrote a couple of emails & it was only then that they decided to release the BIL for my spouse. It was like they almost forgot about it. Talking about medicals, mine was extended on 13 December 2021 & when I called IRCC a few weeks ago I came to know that my spouse’s medicals passed in November 2021.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
I think this is probably how they do these spouses addition to the applications... I explained to them that my husband already has a UCI and has done bio too, but obviously, they didn't bother. And we just have to wait and see if they ask for a new bio.
Hey, I got an update today, they have added the first UCI for my spouse with Biometrics number in.

Strange thing is now there are 2 entries in the Dependent section: each with a different UCI, and only one with Biometrics number

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon could you help with my Query?

You have to do nothing. IF your spouse has given their biometrics in the last 10 years, then your spouse is exempt.

As regards the UCI, IRCC will do it on their own. This is called "Household"

household

If there is more than one unique client identifier (UCI) for the same client, this is a data integrity issue. As there is no way to delete a record from the Global Case Management System (GCMS) once it is promoted, the UCIs must be linked by performing a household. When a household is done, the multiple IDs will still exist but they will be linked together.

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
I raised multiple web forms & wrote a couple of emails & it was only then that they decided to release the BIL for my spouse. It was like they almost forgot about it. Talking about medicals, mine was extended on 13 December 2021 & when I called IRCC a few weeks ago I came to know that my spouse’s medicals passed in November 2021.
Can I ask what is a BIL?

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi, my spouse was added to my application with a different UCI and blank biometrics info too. Don't really know why, or what the next steps are. But it seems like at least our spouses are added and we won't be further troubled with receiving PPRs separately.
Am in the same boat as you, my spouse was added on Jan 4th with a UCI and Blank Biometrics. received email from IRCC about updates to my application but that was related to my background check status change and not the medicals. Don't know why would they start with background check before processing my spouse's medicals.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Am in the same boat as you, my spouse was added on Jan 4th with a UCI and Blank Biometrics. received email from IRCC about updates to my application but that was related to my background check status change and not the medicals. Don't know why would they start with background check before processing my spouse's medicals.
Any movement is good! And your spouse's medicals might already be passed, just not reflected on the portal yet.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Thank! Normally when will they request to do it? I added my spouse a year ago, and we were never asked to submit the Biometric. He already done his medical exam.
A year ago? Can you tell us a bit more about your timeline, please? Like what category did you apply, when was your AOR, are you inland/outland, and when/what was the last update on your application.