+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hey, I got an update today, they have added the first UCI for my spouse with Biometrics number in.

Strange thing is now there are 2 entries in the Dependent section: each with a different UCI, and only one with Biometrics number
@maghool71 I got another update today that the same Biometrics number is now linked to both UCIs of my spouse. I guess IRCC cleans the mess.

Reactions: maghool71

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
A year ago? Can you tell us a bit more about your timeline, please? Like what category did you apply, when was your AOR, are you inland/outland, and when/what was the last update on your application.

My case is a little complicated, I applied via PEQ, inland.
CSQ 2018/12/17
AOR 2019/01/03
FN 2019/04/10
ME request 2020/11/09
ME 2020/11/16

Married 2020/11
Add Spouse to MIDI 2020/12/24
New CSQ 2021/02/04
Adding Spouse to Federal 2021/02/26
Document request for spouse 2021/05/18
Medical Exam & Police certificate request 2021/05/30
Medical Exam submitted 2021/07/15 (Passed)
IRCC second request on Police certificate from Hong Kong 2021/09/23
IRCC third request on Police certificate from Hong Kong 2021/11/16

NO UPDATE since then.....

**We submitted twice the Police certificate from Hong Kong on 2021/06/24 & 2021/11/24*
It was delivered to Canadian consulate general, Hong Kong. However, my immigration consultant just called them few days ago they still saying they don't have it yet. It seems like that is the Hong Kong office received it and for some reason it was not scanned and update to my file. *
I tired to contact their Hong Kong office but they never reply my email.

Last edited:
Reactions: maghool71

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
My case is a little complicated, I applied via PEQ, inland.
CSQ 2018/12/17
AOR 2019/01/03
FN 2019/04/10
ME request 2020/11/09
ME 2020/11/16

Married 2020/11
Add Spouse to MIDI 2020/12/24
New CSQ 2021/02/04
Adding Spouse to Federal 2021/02/26
Document request for spouse 2021/05/18
Medical Exam & Police certificate request 2021/05/30
Medical Exam submitted 2021/07/15 (Passed)
IRCC second request on Police certificate from Hong Kong 2021/09/23
IRCC third request on Police certificate from Hong Kong 2021/11/16

NO UPDATE since then.....

**We submitted twice the Police certificate from Hong Kong on 2021/06/24 & 2021/11/24*
It was delivered to Canadian consulate general, Hong Kong. However, my immigration consultant just called them few days ago they still saying they don't have it yet. It seems like that is the Hong Kong office received it and for some reason it was not scanned and update to my file. *
I tired to contact their Hong Kong office but they never reply my email.
Wow, such a long process. But it seems like IRCC is actively working on your case since they requested the PCC from HK multiple times! And you better submit that ASAP, because according to my understanding, once some document is missing from your file, IRCC puts your file on pause and does not do the other assessments until you provide them with that document. So, I think that's why they haven't issued the bio request for your husband yet. I would order a GCMS note if I were you, to see what is exactly going on.

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Wow, such a long process. But it seems like IRCC is actively working on your case since they requested the PCC from HK multiple times! And you better submit that ASAP, because according to my understanding, once some document is missing from your file, IRCC puts your file on pause and does not do the other assessments until you provide them with that document. So, I think that's why they haven't issued the bio request for your husband yet. I would order a GCMS note if I were you, to see what is exactly going on.
What is a GCMS?

In fact I had submitted a few letters of explanation attached the receipts of the PCC application and the email conversation with HK police to proof that we had done everything we could. The problem is that the Hong Kong police will not send the result to us, they only send it directly to the authority who request for the PCC. If the IRCC HK office doesn't upload the document to my file, I don't know what can I do.
2 days ago I ask my sister to apply a new one for my husband and we insist to have them to courier to Canada directly, but it will take up to a month to process. I don't know how long will it take to update to my file once it arrived in their Canada office. This is very frustrating :confused:

Reactions: Naynah

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
What is a GCMS?

In fact I had submitted a few letters of explanation attached the receipts of the PCC application and the email conversation with HK police to proof that we had done everything we could. The problem is that the Hong Kong police will not send the result to us, they only send it directly to the authority who request for the PCC. If the IRCC HK office doesn't upload the document to my file, I don't know what can I do.
2 days ago I ask my sister to apply a new one for my husband and we insist to have them to courier to Canada directly, but it will take up to a month to process. I don't know how long will it take to update to my file once it arrived in their Canada office. This is very frustrating :confused:
That's officer's notes. Ask your consultant to order them on your behalf.
Yes, I can see how frustrating it could be for you, not receiving the PCC from HK even though you're doing everything you can :(

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Does anyone know if Eligibility check is repeated after adding Spouse post-AOR?
In my case, GCMS note shows that Eligibility passed, Info Sharing completed.
I just added my spouse, wonder if those steps are repeated...

Rockyoak

Aug 23, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
How long did it take IRCC to respond to the webform regarding your change i family composition. Or did you write a mail to them. Am in the same boat and have already raised two webforms with no response as such and have received mine "ready for visa" mail too. In a limbo whether to send my passport or wait for their response.

Last edited:

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
I think eligibility won't be repeated once it's passed.

Reactions: baryonix

baryonix

May 21, 2019
How long did it take IRCC to respond to the webform regarding your change i family composition. Or did you write a mail to them. Am in the same boat and have already raised two webforms with no response as such and have received mine "ready for visa" mail too. In a limbo whether to send my passport or wait for their response.
I sent 2 webforms to include all documents (except Police Certs) on Jan 28. They replied on Feb 18 (exactly 3 weeks later) in One email that they confirmed to have received both webforms and all documents.
Then the next day, I see spouse details added to my PR as depedent.
Many things happened over the next few days: spouse UCI got added, her biometrics got added, my Medical changed to "We are reviewing your med result" => assuming they're reviewing my spouse Med, not mine.

Also, I sent a 3rd webform on Feb 22 to submit spouse Police Certs (I got these later), still waiting for their response on this.

Rockyoak

Aug 23, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
I sent 2 webforms to include all documents (except Police Certs) on Jan 28. They replied on Feb 18 (exactly 3 weeks later) in One email that they confirmed to have received both webforms and all documents.
Then the next day, I see spouse details added to my PR as depedent.
Many things happened over the next few days: spouse UCI got added, her biometrics got added, my Medical changed to "We are reviewing your med result" => assuming they're reviewing my spouse Med, not mine.

Also, I sent a 3rd webform on Feb 22 to submit spouse Police Certs (I got these later), still waiting for their response on this.
That was quite reasonable time looking at current circumstances. Hopefully I should get a reply soon. Didn't they ask you for Proof Of Funds again?

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
I am in similiar situation like yours. Please update if you got any update
Oh wooow.... They are beginning to sound scary and recently they are trying to pull the Afghanistan card by looking at Ukraine (they need help I know but if they focus they wouldn't be causing another world war for others who have been waiting for the longest time).

Anyways as for update (LONG READ) :

OK so I started going through all my automated IRCC messages to see if I had missed any email or any important word or information from IRCC and guess what I did. So on rth February, 2022 I was told that they hadn't received my add-on document but that email only referenced my new medical form evidencing I had done my 2nd medical as requested (so I thought as I didn't see that it referenced multiple webform that concerned my add-on documents for spouse).so I immediately send a webform to IRCC that they have made an error as I have since passed my 2nd medicals on 1st January2022 andtthey had even acknowledged receipt of my medical form.
So back to the update in the email of 4th February, 2022 ; I realised that they also referenced multiple Web formswhich they have never done before - and that I was seeing these other part of that email after my RFV email. So I panicked. When I stopped panicking I saw what their problem was.

IRCC stated that my Web forms containing my documents to add spouse, was "not seen by the responsible office" or that the "responsible office was yet to receive" these Web forms forwarding my documents to add spouse. NOTE: responsible office was highlighted (hyperlinked) and when I clicked on it, it directed me to Accra as the responsible office for Nigerian applicants. So I routed the three sets of Web form to Accra and another repeated three sets of Web form to case processing centre in Canada (which was how I had been sending Web forms to Canada and since they offered that Issend them to them again so they could assist in forwarding to the responsible office) - don't want to leave any stone unturned. Further more there was a last option to mail physically the documents (also did that too because I have sent these documents soooo many times and I was tired of excuses).

LET'S FAST FOWARD: so once I had confirmed Accra had received my mail I then focused on sending my passports and that of my spouse (because a portion of the RFV email says include passport of you and any dependent you want to accompany you "If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member..."). So once Accra was in receipt of my add-on documents I sent my paspors and my spouse's together in one package to vfs global and then I emailed CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and a ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and email informing them of all I have done (inclusive of the passport sending).

Then on 25th February, 2022 (a few days after) I received an email from IRCC stating that they had seen SET 2 of my Web form (second leg of wen for containing some of my add on document) and that same would be included today or tomorrow (within two business days) in my cic file.

How's that for an update @Neo Nelson

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hi all, I submitted several web forms with additional documents to add a spouse to my PR application.
She already had a UCI (with Biometrics info) before in her separate Visitor Visa.

But now IRCC has added her to my application (I can see her as a dependent) and given her a different UCI and I don't see her Biometrics number.
Does this mean she needs to re-do Bio? How do I link her 2 UCIs together?
I think I read on ircc site that she could be exempt from Biometrics if she has given one before and it is not expired. Also you can send them a Web form letting them know of these two UCI's. Do remember to attach to the webform her passport info containing this UCI and biometric numbers.

Do not forget to mention that by their laws she's exempted from Biometrics so she doesn't have to pay for Biometrics

Reactions: baryonix

baryonix

May 21, 2019
I think I read on ircc site that she could be exempt from Biometrics if she has given one before and it is not expired. Also you can send them a Web form letting them know of these two UCI's. Do remember to attach to the webform her passport info containing this UCI and biometric numbers.

Do not forget to mention that by their laws she's exempted from Biometrics so she doesn't have to pay for Biometrics
Update: just a couple of days after that, her original UCI also got added (with Biometrics number attached) => so in Dependents section, there are 2 rows (2 UCIs) for the same spouse, one of which has Bio number
And 2-3 more days, the same biometrics number is attached to the remaining UCI. So I guess it's okay now, hopefully, there is no mess behind the scene