+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Thank you.

Only the IMM 0008 has Validate button to generate the Barcode =>Usually when uploading in the document list, I don't have to sign it.
But since I'm sending via Webform, do I need to print out, sign with Inkpen, and scan and send?
Print them out, and sign by hand, then scan and send

binnyindia

Apr 26, 2018
Hello Guys,

AOR- June6, 2021 (CEC-EE)
# Got married in October
# IRCC sent a kit
# Sent all docs asked in the KIT by November 28th
# Received confirmation of docs received.
# No BIL request received yet for the spouse.
# VO: RROC

Anything I can do to expedite from here.

If someone has some info, please let me know.

Thanks

deepPro

Nov 18, 2021
Haven't received any BIL for spousal addition as of yet. Though I only got notified and my spouse was added with my profile last week. Don't know how long it takes on average for IRCC to send a BIL request after ADR.
Spouse added on January 11, 2021. No BIL request yet

Jack D

Jan 30, 2020
Hi All,
I am CEC outland applicant. AOR June 2020. I haven't received PPR yet since they are not issuing it for outlanders. Everything is checked and passed tho. I recently got married and did raise a web form to add spouse to my application. Any idea what could be the timeline post adding my spouse? I am all the docs in place and m also showing proof of funds. Just wanted to know if anyone knows an expected timeline post adding a dependent.

Thanks
Hello @UditDe- Hope you are doing well and staying safe!

I am also AOR June 2020 CEC Outland applicant. I would like to know below with regards to "adding spouse after AOR". Can you kindly guide.

1. If I update IRCC through a webform right after the marriage, how long will IRCC take to reply back with the list of documents?
2. How much time IRCC give these days (due to COVID situation) for spouse document preparation and submission ?
3. What would be the fastest way to get the marriage certificate and how long does it take to get it? I am from Mumbai, India.
4. Just curious and want to play safe, do you think it is advisable to inform IRCC after getting the marriage certificate? just trying to dodge the time it takes to get the certificate?
5 Is it mandatory to get passport updated with spouse name before sending them?
6. Any other tips/guidance will be really helpful

Appreciate your inputs!

Thanks,
Jack

Jack D

Jan 30, 2020
Timeline:
Applied: Tr to Pr (IG Stream) (12:10 to 12:12 EST) (**As single Applicant**)
BIL received: 16th June
AOR: 21st June
Asked for medical (Even though I given old one at App. time): - 18th June
New Medical Given: - 19th June
Ghost update: 24th June
*** Waited two months for TRV to get issue so i can go to India to get married ***
Submitted PCC: - 27th July (Did not receive a request to submit, I submitted even though)
Medical Passed: - 5th Aug
**Went to India, got married, and came back to Canada**
Got married: 8th Aug
Notified IRCC about marriage: - 11th Aug
Received Request to submit docs for spouse(With pre-medical and PCC)(outland spouse): - 31st Aug
Submitted all docs. for spouse: - 1st Sep
Bio-metric (MIne) : - 3rd Sep
Spouse Biometric: - Already given in her last Application
GCMS notes ordered: - 7th Sep
Spouse added to profile: - 13th Sep
Spouse medical passed: - 14th Sep
PPR for Spouse: - 15th sep
Portal request: - 15th Sep
eCOPR: waiting...
Hello @karan321- Congratulation on your marriage!

I am also AOR June 2020 CEC Outland applicant. I would like to know below with regards to "adding spouse after AOR". Can you kindly guide.

1. Did your spouse updated her name or added husband in the passport after marriage ? is it needed ?
2. Since PCC is provided by PSK in India and it takes at least a month, how did you manage to arrange PCC so fast for your spouse in India?
3 How did you manage to arrange Marriage Certificate and Medical so fast ? I am from Mumbai, India
4. How much time IRCC give these days (due to COVID situation) for spouse document preparation and submission ?
5. Any other tips/guidance will be really helpful

Appreciate your inputs!

Thanks,
Jack

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hello @karan321- Congratulation on your marriage!

1. Did your spouse updated her name or added husband in the passport after marriage ? is it needed ?
2. Since PCC is provided by PSK in India and it takes at least a month, how did you manage to arrange PCC so fast for your spouse in India?
3 How did you manage to arrange Marriage Certificate and Medical so fast ? I am from Mumbai, India
4. How much time IRCC give these days (due to COVID situation) for spouse document preparation and submission ?
5. Any other tips/guidance will be really helpful

Appreciate your inputs!

Thanks,
Jack
Hey! Usually, they get back to you after 1-2 weeks. And give you 30 days to submit. But you can extend this due to Covid.

Reactions: Naynah

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hi @maghool71 so I submitted my the requested documents and form (including the questionnaires) vide 3 sets of Web forms on 16th January 2022 (almost a week before the deadline as I hoped they would rectify the issue with my cic app portal). So do you know how long it would take cic to include my spouse in my application and how long it would take them to issue BIL for my spouse

Last edited:

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Did anyone face technical error in their cic account? I received letter to upload document and the same day was due in the system..however letter had different due date..then i also saw same sections to upload documents of spouse with due date matching to actual letter and i uploaded all docs in those sections

Reactions: Naynah

Josh@v

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
The idea is that you should at least inform IRCC as soon as possible about your change in marital status.

I am not aware of any deadline, I'have seen some people in the forum who were given 30 days to submit these documents or so. In my case it was not like this, I was just told to submit the documents if I wished to add my spouse to my application as a dependent.

This is exactly the response I received when I used the WebForm about my change in marital status:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope you will find this information helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way you submit these documents is by using as many WebForms as needed. In my case it took 4. Because there is a limit in the total size of the documents (I think 3.5 MB overall) you will surely need at least a couple WebForms to do this).

Also, I would suggest that as soon as you get married to gather the documents and have them translated (if needed). Since you don't need any supporting documentation for Education or Work Experience, it should be pretty easy. It took me about 1 week (due to translations).

I took a month to do this. Even if they have finished processing your application you are okay because this would just mean they would re-open your file and assess the supporting documentation for your new dependent and then take a final decision.
Hi,

Your comment is extremely useful.

I just wanted to confirm all these documents are to be uploaded via webForms itself ? Or will there be any upload option inside the application section?

Should there be a letter of explanation?

And my medical already expired in 2020 November, so should I go ahead a do upfront medical for both of us?
and proof of payment, how do we do that?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Josh

Josh@v

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
My complete timeline is below:
AOR-5aug 2021
Medical/biometric-14sep 2021
Gcms applied 14sept (never received)
Got married 19october
Documents submitted for spouse:4november
Got GU on file 3times: dont remember dates
Got request letter from ircc:9 december regarding relationship questions development of courtship etc.
Submitted all documents on 12dec
BIL for spouse: 14 dec 2021 same day they added him on my file.
BIL submitted and updated on 21december
Final decision: pending
Any update?
Did the new tab to upload documents appear within 2 weeks?

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hi,

Your comment is extremely useful.

I just wanted to confirm all these documents are to be uploaded via webForms itself ? Or will there be any upload option inside the application section?

Should there be a letter of explanation?

And my medical already expired in 2020 November, so should I go ahead a do upfront medical for both of us?
and proof of payment, how do we do that?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Josh
Dear Josh, I'd advise not to do upfront medicals as the main applicant, but you can do same for your spouse however. IRCC advices you not to do an upfront medical. Plus you could get an extension for your medical from IRCC so why waste money. However on the issue of these documents requested.; the email requiring you to send documents through Web form is not the only time you would be requested for these documents; another request will come again in your cic portal account by way of a letter which will give you 30days to resubmit these documents through your account and not by Web form. This happened to me and many others here (u can continue reading through the thread for better understanding). But you might be lucky that a second request isn't made.

Cheers

Reactions: maghool71