+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

miami_beach

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hi guys, any of you have idea about, informing ircc about marital status change and receiving document request through webform, do they send confirmation that we received all required documents we needed for spouse?
or,
spouse get AOR in her email?
i'm not sure about process happens after sending all the documents to ircc about spouse?
It's been about a couple of months since I sent them the required documents. I haven't heard back from them yet. I would also like to know if someone has had a different experience.

rakuth85

Aug 27, 2017
It's been about a couple of months since I sent them the required documents. I haven't heard back from them yet. I would also like to know if someone has had a different experience.
FSW O

My AOR: December 14, 2019
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: January 13, 2020

Latest update on myCIC account:
Review of medical results - March 3, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

Web Form:
Add Spouse Request to IRCC: August 4, 2021
In response, IRCC acknowledged document receipt and mentioned that these will be uploaded in 2 days. Also, to inform the local visa office via web form and that our file has reached the Canadian Visa office in New Delhi.

Add Spouse Request to NDVO: August 18, 2021
In the response, received an acknowledgment and generic message about the Afghan crisis.

Has your profile been updated and can you see an added section with spouse name, UCI, DOB, etc., or received any sort of request for BIL or medical?

karan321

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
My app is Inland TR to Pr pathway. i got doc request on 31st aug, uploaded everything with BIL(already given), medical and pcc. uploaded everything just yesterday.

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hi guys, any of you have idea about, informing ircc about marital status change and receiving document request through webform, do they send confirmation that we received all required documents we needed for spouse?
or,
spouse get AOR in her email?
i'm not sure about process happens after sending all the documents to ircc about spouse?
Yes, they will confirm to receive all docs with a generic email. "We received your documents: abcxyz..".
No, neither you nor your spouse will receive any AOR email for the addition dependent. However you will receive an email to notify your account has an update once they add her/his information. You will see a section in your CIC account where it shows their basic infomation like name, uci,d.ob,etc.

karan321

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Yes, they will confirm to receive all docs with a generic email. "We received your documents: abcxyz..".
No, neither you nor your spouse will receive any AOR email for the addition dependent. However you will receive an email to notify your account has an update once they add her/his information. You will see a section in your CIC account where it shows their basic infomation like name, uci,d.ob,etc.
Thank you for detail information. congratulation on your COPR!

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
One question, PCC for spouse is valid at the time when I submitted the required documents for spouse, however, what if it is expired at the time of processing spouse documents?

miami_beach

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
FSW O

My AOR: December 14, 2019
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: January 13, 2020

Latest update on myCIC account:
Review of medical results - March 3, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

Web Form:
Add Spouse Request to IRCC: August 4, 2021
In response, IRCC acknowledged document receipt and mentioned that these will be uploaded in 2 days. Also, to inform the local visa office via web form and that our file has reached the Canadian Visa office in New Delhi.

Add Spouse Request to NDVO: August 18, 2021
In the response, received an acknowledgment and generic message about the Afghan crisis.

Has your profile been updated and can you see an added section with spouse name, UCI, DOB, etc., or received any sort of request for BIL or medical?
I also got response to my webform. However, I haven't seen any update in my IRCC account after uploading the documents there.

karan321

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
I am FSW-O from the US.
Try calling IRCC if you have a long-distance call from the US to Canada. I think it's been so long for you.
In my case when I notified ircc about my marital status change through webform I got a standard reply like thank you for contacting ircc that's it. I raised many web form in a hope that they will send me an instruction kit for the addition of a spouse. but every time I got the same reply that thank you for contacting IRCC. when I call IRCC about the issue officer talking just confirmed that I notified ircc about my marriage and sent instruction kit within two minutes.

M19

Sep 19, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
I am FSW-O, I have added my spouse to the profile in Oct-20 as I got married after AOR. I have submitted all the forms and paid the fee in OCT 20 and received the acknowledgement for the same. Since then there is complete silence. It's been 11 months and there's no request for BIL or medicals. Can you please guide in this scenario?
Thanks in advance.

miami_beach

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon
I am FSW-O, I have added my spouse to the profile in Oct-20 as I got married after AOR. I have submitted all the forms and paid the fee in OCT 20 and received the acknowledgement for the same. Since then there is complete silence. It's been 11 months and there's no request for BIL or medicals. Can you please guide in this scenario?
Thanks in advance.
Just curious if the fee paid for added dependent reflects in your IRCC account. I have also been waiting for past couple of months to hear back from IRCC, but haven't had any luck so far. I haven't received any acknowledgement letter after I upload all the documents in my IRCC account.

M19

Sep 19, 2019
Just curious if the fee paid for added dependent reflects in your IRCC account. I have also been waiting for past couple of months to hear back from IRCC, but haven't had any luck so far. I haven't received any acknowledgement letter after I upload all the documents in my IRCC account.
Hi,
I did not upload documents in the account as the option is still not enabled for me. I had submitted the documents through mail and got the acknowledgement of the same. As far as fee reflection is concerned, nothing is being reflected with regards to the spouse's information. Did you get BIL and Medical request? Did IRCC asked you to upload the documents in the account?

miami_beach

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hi,
I did not upload documents in the account as the option is still not enabled for me. I had submitted the documents through mail and got the acknowledgement of the same. As far as fee reflection is concerned, nothing is being reflected with regards to the spouse's information. Did you get BIL and Medical request? Did IRCC asked you to upload the documents in the account?
After I informed the IRCC through Webform about my change in relationship, they asked me to submit a few filled out forms through another Webform, which I did. Then after about a month, they sent me a letter in my IRCC account with detailed instructions to upload the same set of forms again with a few extra documents in my IRCC account. I did that about a couple of months ago, and I haven't heard back from them since then.

Reactions: M19

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Anyone here still waiting to get their spouse added?
Got the acknowledgement in May but absolutely no change to the profile.