+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

kaur4917

Star Member
Jun 1, 2020
Timeline:
Applied: Tr to Pr (IG Stream) (12:10 to 12:12 EST) (**As single Applicant**)
BIL received: 16th June
AOR: 21st June
Asked for medical (Even though I given old one at App. time): - 18th June
New Medical Given: - 19th June
Ghost update: 24th June
*** Waited two months for TRV to get issue so i can go to India to get married ***
Submitted PCC: - 27th July (Did not receive a request to submit, I submitted even though)
Medical Passed: - 5th Aug
**Went to India, got married, and came back to Canada**
Got married: 8th Aug
Notified IRCC about marriage: - 11th Aug
Received Request to submit docs for spouse(With pre-medical and PCC)(outland spouse): - 31st Aug
Submitted all docs. for spouse: - 1st Sep
Bio-metric (MIne) : - 3rd Sep
Spouse Biometric: - Already given in her last Application
GCMS notes ordered: - 7th Sep
Spouse added to profile: - 13th Sep
Spouse medical passed: - 14th Sep
PPR for Spouse: - 15th sep
Portal request: - 15th Sep
eCOPR: waiting...
May i ask what was the last application for which your spouse gave the biometrics…temporary residence or PR ?

Sasidhar Lekkala

Apr 20, 2021
Hi All ,

Can anyone help me how to pay the application Fee for adding spouse to my exisitng application i got an email to send the documents along with the payment details?

while selecting options in the payment instructions do i need to select Family sponsorship ?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Sasidhar

asimhafeez19

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
hello everyone,

I need some help. I got COPR and added my spouse after copr. I sent them an email of status change on 11th August, they reopened my file on 12th and asked me to wait for further instruction. I gathered all documents in this time and submitted my marriage certf on 14th september requesting for instruction kit to be sent. Till now I have not heard back my application is reopened. Can anyone please help? I have emailed the VO as well

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
hello everyone,

I need some help. I got COPR and added my spouse after copr. I sent them an email of status change on 11th August, they reopened my file on 12th and asked me to wait for further instruction. I gathered all documents in this time and submitted my marriage certf on 14th september requesting for instruction kit to be sent. Till now I have not heard back my application is reopened. Can anyone please help? I have emailed the VO as well
I got the document list in 2.5months after reporting the marriage, so I think they will get back to you soon, is your spouse inland or outland? If your spouse needs a police certificate in Canada, its better to do it in advance cos it takes almost 2 months to get it now.

asimhafeez19

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I got the document list in 2.5months after reporting the marriage, so I think they will get back to you soon, is your spouse inland or outland? If your spouse needs a police certificate in Canada, its better to do it in advance cos it takes almost 2 months to get it now.
Hello, No I am outland and my spouse is also outland. I have gotten all the documents ready, just waiting for them to ask for it. Will it be fine if I just fill all the forms since they are same for everyone and submit everything through webform? i have been depressed beyond means as to why they are not asking me for these documents, its taking its toll on me

karan321

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Hello, No I am outland and my spouse is also outland. I have gotten all the documents ready, just waiting for them to ask for it. Will it be fine if I just fill all the forms since they are same for everyone and submit everything through webform? i have been depressed beyond means as to why they are not asking me for these documents, its taking its toll on me
For outland applications everystep of the process is time consuming. My application was inland… after I notified ircc about marital status change they did not give me any instruction kit after notifying in response i got generic afghan response that, they will from now on only respond to priority inquies only but notifying ircc about marriage is in one of the priority inquiry…
that did not made sense to me i thought they did not even read my inquiry
So i tried calling ircc explained the situation to the officer is that this is what happened and officer sent me instruction kit right away…
I suggest calling ircc about this… but you are outland so I’m not sure how you will manage that…

best option for you to read all the thread info posted by group members earlier… and send those documents through multiple webforms

asimhafeez19

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
For outland applications everystep of the process is time consuming. My application was inland… after I notified ircc about marital status change they did not give me any instruction kit after notifying in response i got generic afghan response that, they will from now on only respond to priority inquies only but notifying ircc about marriage is in one of the priority inquiry…
that did not made sense to me i thought they did not even read my inquiry
So i tried calling ircc explained the situation to the officer is that this is what happened and officer sent me instruction kit right away…
I suggest calling ircc about this… but you are outland so I’m not sure how you will manage that…

best option for you to read all the thread info posted by group members earlier… and send those documents through multiple webforms

Can you please tell me how to call ircc, I can buy a virtual number and call them. I would appreciate if you could tell me how to reach them. They did reopen my application quickly and later acknowledged in another webform that it has been sent to responsible officer.

asimhafeez19

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

this above is the link for that: -

note: you can only talk to IRCC officer from Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM other time is only automated response.

right now it's already past 4pm so I do not think so you can call.
Thanks alot for your response. I will call them in the hours mentioned by you. Can you please let me know what documents they ask for, I have an idea of these docs reading previous threads. Are they still same?

karan321

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
this is what they have given me in the instruction kit: -

this is a pretty basic set of docs they will ask you in the instruction kit.

I suggest you read whole thread and do your own research I uploaded quite a lot other than the required above docs.

asimhafeez19

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
this is what they have given me in the instruction kit: -

this is a pretty basic set of docs they will ask you in the instruction kit.

I suggest you read whole thread and do your own research I uploaded quite a lot other than the required above docs.
Thanks alot for your help .I will do my research too

dkaushik324

Sep 11, 2021
Update:

Hi,

I applied for PR under CEC category and below are my timelines:
AOR: 15-Dec-2020
Biometrics: Exempted as I gave during PGWP.
Medical: Results updated on 21-Jan-2021.
Marriage: April 2021
Informed IRCC via webform: April 2021
Received response: First week of May, 2021.
Submitted updated docs for adding spouse: Last week of May, 2021.
Spouse updated on my portal within a day or two.
Spouse Medical and Biometrics request received on Mid-August 2021.
Received Spouse RFV letter: 14 Sep 2021
Received PR portal first email: 14 Sep 2021
PR portal credentials for myself: 15 Sep 2021
Submitted photo and address on PR portal: 15 Sep 2021
eCOPR: 18 Sep 2021
Spouse sent her Passport to VFS Delhi: 20 Sep 2021

Now waiting for my PR card and her passport with COPR.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Any outlander still waiting to get their spouse added.
Been waiting since May 21.

Reactions: maghool71

Sasidhar Lekkala

Apr 20, 2021
Hi All ,

I have sent my documents for adding spouse today , but while sending the documents i missed to add one file in letter of explanation , shall i raise a new webform and send the letter of explanation in that ? can any one help me in this.

Regards,
Sasidhar