+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Willson4490

Jun 29, 2021
Proof of communication? I think you are confused. That is by no means something you would have to submit when adding your spouse after AOR, that would be part of an spousal sponsorship application. A WHOLE different thing.
Mate, I added my spouse 3 months ago (after AOR) and the IRCC sent me a form asking on my relationship history and requesting to send photos on different occasions , proof of communication and several other things which I mentioned earlier in this thread.
Two weeks after submission of this form, I received my spouse's biometric letter.

Reactions: Kejsi

rakuth85

Aug 27, 2017
Hi All,

I am trying to link my PR application to myCIC account after receiving such instructions from NDVO.

To IRCC, I have submitted request to add spouse along with the documents and updated forms IMM 0008 and IMM 5406. In response, they asked us to send the same documents to NDVO as our file is currently with Canadian Visa office in New Delhi. We sent the update request + the documents to NDVO via web form and received following response:

"Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that your e-mail has been received by the Migration Section, High Commission of Canada, at New Delhi.

Kindly submit update regarding your application through your linked IRCC secure account.

If you have been requested to provide additional documents by IRCC or you wish to submit additional documents to support your application, you must submit these through your IRCC secure account. If you have not already done so, please link your application to be able to upload your additional documents. Please note that for Applications that cannot be linked, we will accept via e-mail. Please note that the mission will not be uploading any documents."

My AOR
: December 14, 2019
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: January 13, 2020

Web Form:
Add Spouse Request to IRCC: August 4, 2021
Add Spouse Request to NDVO: August 18, 2021

Latest update on myCIC account:
Review of medical results - March 3, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

As per the given instructions in this thread, I have tried different options with the information similar to the previously submitted federal form but unable to link so far. Please let us know if anyone has come across this situation and how to proceed further.

Kejsi

Mar 3, 2020
Mate, I added my spouse 3 months ago (after AOR) and the IRCC sent me a form asking on my relationship history and requesting to send photos on different occasions , proof of communication and several other things which I mentioned earlier in this thread.
Two weeks after submission of this form, I received my spouse's biometric letter.
Are you CEC or FSW?

miami_beach

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Great, congratulations! I am also FSW-O, but they did not request any additional document like yours nor have they requested biometrics... Still waiting
I am also a FSW-O from the US. I submitted all the additional documents for adding spouse to my application in early July and haven't heard back yet. I don't know if they have even taken a look at the documents. I was wondering if the fee paid for adding the dependent will appear in my account like it does for mine.

Reactions: Kejsi

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
I am also a FSW-O from the US. I submitted all the additional documents for adding spouse to my application in early July and haven't heard back yet. I don't know if they have even taken a look at the documents. I was wondering if the fee paid for adding the dependent will appear in my account like it does for mine.
The fee will not show up on your account. However, if your spouse gets added, there will be a section for her/him, a small table shows: UCI, name,D.O.B, etc.

miami_beach

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
The fee will not show up on your account. However, if your spouse gets added, there will be a section for her/him, a small table shows: UCI, name,D.O.B, etc.
Yes, I can see the dependent section, but that was added even before the IRCC requested the additional documents. I first saw that about a month after I informed them through a webform, and IRCC requested the documents after that. I don't understand how IRCC works.

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Yes, I can see the dependent section, but that was added even before the IRCC requested the additional documents. I first saw that about a month after I informed them through a webform, and IRCC requested the documents after that. I don't understand how IRCC works.
Oh I see. For my case, they asked for some addition docs to verify our relationship on Apr 30, I uploaded on the same day. 2 days later they acknowledged of receive and reviewed my docs. They started my spouse background and security check sometime in Jun and finished in July. They finalized my application in mid of Aug.
We both got PR now.
I think for FSW it will be a long wait since right now they are busy to be a hero and save the world from Taliban :)). You know what I meant.

Jaspreer

Aug 25, 2021
Oh I see. For my case, they asked for some addition docs to verify our relationship on Apr 30, I uploaded on the same day. 2 days later they acknowledged of receive and reviewed my docs. They started my spouse background and security check sometime in Jun and finished in July. They finalized my application in mid of Aug.
We both got PR now.
I think for FSW it will be a long wait since right now they are busy to be a hero and save the world from Taliban :)). You know what I meant.

Hi i am cec inland, is your spouse inland or outland and also when dis your spouse gave biometrics and medicals.

Thanks

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hi i am cec inland, is your spouse inland or outland and also when dis your spouse gave biometrics and medicals.

Thanks
My spouse is in land. It took only 3 months from the adding date to got approved.
She was exempt for Biometrics since she applied for student visa within 10 years.
I submitted medical exam the same time when adding her. It's a good treat to cut down some waiting time.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
My spouse is in land. It took only 3 months from the adding date to got approved.
She was exempt for Biometrics since she applied for student visa within 10 years.
I submitted medical exam the same time when adding her. It's a good treat to cut down some waiting time.
They added spouse name and UCI generated for me in my online account and I have already submitted spouse medicals when I sent add on itself.
One question, How long it took for you to get approved after spouse added to your online account? (I mean, after you were able to see spouse dependent information on your my CIC account ? and not the document sent date. .
Plus, they didn't mention that they put other applications on hold because they prioritizing afghan application.

Last edited:

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
They added spouse name and UCI generated for me in my online account and I have already submitted spouse medicals when I sent add on itself.
One question, How long it took for you to get approved after spouse added to your online account? (I mean, after you were able to see spouse dependent information on your my CIC account ? and not the document sent date. .
Plus, they didn't mention that they put other applications on hold because they prioritizing afghan application.
2.5 months from the date my spouse section was added into my account

Reactions: goudam

miami_beach

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
We both got PR now.
Congratulations! Your case moved pretty fast. In my case, it's been about a couple of months, and they haven't acknowledged of receiving the additional documents. Yeah, the FSW candidates seem to be their last priority.

karan321

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Hi guys, any of you have idea about, informing ircc about marital status change and receiving document request through webform, do they send confirmation that we received all required documents we needed for spouse?
or,
spouse get AOR in her email?
i'm not sure about process happens after sending all the documents to ircc about spouse?