+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Dima92

Oct 10, 2018
Hi guys, please URGENT advice needed here.

I have recently raised a CSE to add my spouse to my application (FSW outland), and received a list of requirements from Paris VO as my application is being processed there.

THE PROBLEM IS that among the requirements they did not ask for any form of relationship evidence, they haven't even requested a relationship assessment form, or photos of the wedding. And I from what I have read on similar cases all that I mentioned is usually requested within the same email.

Can you please tell me if this is normal? Should I go ahead and attach relationship evidence even though they were NOT requested? What about the relationship assessment form? should I also just fill and send it, and if so where can I get it from?

Please your advice is much appreciated as I am very confused!

Milesthegreat

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Hi guys, please URGENT advice needed here.

I have recently raised a CSE to add my spouse to my application (FSW outland), and received a list of requirements from Paris VO as my application is being processed there.

THE PROBLEM IS that among the requirements they did not ask for any form of relationship evidence, they haven't even requested a relationship assessment form, or photos of the wedding. And I from what I have read on similar cases all that I mentioned is usually requested within the same email.

Can you please tell me if this is normal? Should I go ahead and attach relationship evidence even though they were NOT requested? What about the relationship assessment form? should I also just fill and send it, and if so where can I get it from?

Please your advice is much appreciated as I am very confused!
I'm no expert but I think you should simply stick with what they asked you to send. That said however, if you really think it's necessary to add anything, to me you can just add the pictures of the wedding. But again I'm just giving my opinion.
When did you raise the CSE and when did CIC send the request for Additional Documents? Please could you share your stats with us?

Dima92

Oct 10, 2018
I'm no expert but I think you should simply stick with what they asked you to send. That said however, if you really think it's necessary to add anything, to me you can just add the pictures of the wedding. But again I'm just giving my opinion.
When did you raise the CSE and when did CIC send the request for Additional Documents? Please could you share your stats with us?
Hi, thank you for replying, I raised the CSE on 29th July and they replied the next day, my AOR is September 30th (I exceeded estimated processing date by 4 months).

I have also just noticed that they requested (IMM.5476e form) which is (Use of a representative form) to be signed by my spouse, when we did not hire any consultant! I think they might have mistakenly requested it instead of (IMM 5406: Updated Additional Family Information Form) because they did not request this one either!

It's very strange..

Milesthegreat

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Hi, thank you for replying, I raised the CSE on 29th July and they replied the next day, my AOR is September 30th (I exceeded estimated processing date by 4 months).

I have also just noticed that they requested (IMM.5476e form) which is (Use of a representative form) to be signed by my spouse, when we did not hire any consultant! I think they might have mistakenly requested it instead of (IMM 5406: Updated Additional Family Information Form) because they did not request this one either!

It's very strange..
They've even responded fast as compared to me. I got married on the 25th of July, raised a CSE on the 29th of July but I'm still to hear from them up till now. I intend calling CIC via google hangouts today. I hope it'll help.

Dima92

Oct 10, 2018
They've even responded fast as compared to me. I got married on the 25th of July, raised a CSE on the 29th of July but I'm still to hear from them up till now. I intend calling CIC via google hangouts today. I hope it'll help.
Is your VO Paris too?

Sep 11, 2019
Hello Guys,

I’ve received AOR (Express entry FSW) on 22nd Feb 2019. Got married on 11th May 2019. I’ve requested to add spouse immediately after marriage and they’ve responded after month and a half requesting documents for spouse. I’ve submitted all documents and got confirmation of receipt for spousal documents on 7/24/2019. After that I haven’t heard anything from them. I’ve exceeded 20 days from the 6 months usual timeline. If anybody with similar situation, just wanted to know how long it usually takes till someone get fingerprints request for spouse followed by PPR?

Thanks.

Reactions: Sheryar

waliyat

Sep 12, 2019
Hi There,

Congrats on your marriage !! Could you tell me the status of your application now ?
tell me what the timelines for a case similar to mine would be since this is not straightforward like a primary applicant including all family members in one go at AOR and wait for IRCC to reply.. Also what are the documents in the "kit" which IRCC send to revert with spouse details ?

Milesthegreat

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
tell me what the timelines for a case similar to mine would be since this is not straightforward like a primary applicant including all family members in one go at AOR and wait for IRCC to reply.. Also what are the documents in the "kit" which IRCC send to revert with spouse details ?

The kit might vary significantly from case to case but in my case, the following were requested off me:

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)
3. Forms:
- Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
- Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
- A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/Declaration IMM 5669;
- Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law
partner (CLP);
- If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union.

4. Documents
- Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate;
- Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport;
- If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate;
- If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate.

5. Police certificate
6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire &
Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).

7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos: Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings
together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max);
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max).

8. Medical certificate

waliyat

Sep 12, 2019
tell me what the timelines for a case similar to mine would be since this is not audacity temp mail origin straightforward like a primary applicant including all family members in one go at AOR and wait for IRCC to reply.. Also what are the documents in the "kit" which IRCC send to revert with spouse details ?
Congrats on your marriage !! Could you tell me the status of your application now ?

Aug 6, 2019
Greetings all. I am getting married on nov 10 next month, however i got my AOR on 12 sep and have MEP/BIL on 1st oct.

My questions are.
1.should i inform IRCC right after my marriage or after PPR, my goal is to go together with her taking the shortest time possible.
2. Will the CRS Score be recalculated after the AOR.
2. Should my future spouse write IELTS and get her ECA done?

Thank you in advance. :)

abby1989

Oct 26, 2019
Hey guys has anyone got ppr after adding spouse post AOR. My aor is 6th april and added spouse on 16th july. My vo is NDVO. Also hw long Does it take after biometrics request. Anyone with similar situation.?