+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Oh ok! thank you for the quick reply! Yes

My medical expires in some 45 days and my spouse's in about 4 months' time.

As per the new tracker, only the Eligibility check is yet to start for my spouse and re-medicals for both of us remain.
Eligibility for dependant won’t start. You added spouse after AOR, they don’t asses spouse’s points - it’s irrelevant. They only check for the spouse Medicals, Criminality and Security.

TheDutt

Aug 28, 2020
Eligibility for dependant won’t start. You added spouse after AOR, they don’t asses spouse’s points - it’s irrelevant. They only check for the spouse Medicals, Criminality and Security.
Oh! So I can expect the RFV right after the medicals then, I assume?!

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Oh! So I can expect the RFV right after the medicals then, I assume?!
Yeah, same like us - you’ll be added to the queue and only God knows how much more you’ll be waiting. I’m waiting more than 2 months, there are lots of posts here of people waiting since Jan23. It’s hard to say how long it can take, likely not less than another 2-3 months, but you never know.

For reference:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-stages-passed-waiting-copr-track-here.720758/page-29#post-10423390

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-details-in-application-status-tracker.789316/page-3#post-10421808

Reactions: TheDutt

baryonix

May 21, 2019
@baryonix hey, congrats! did your wife’s Eligibility become green on the tracker? Did the application change the status from “In progress” on the main page to anything else?
Thanks. Nothing changes in the new Tracker or even the old IRCC portal.
My wife Eligibility & Background check still show Not Started
Even for me, Background also shows Not Started.
There is no new entry in the application history whatsoever!

Basically, on Tuesday (Apr 11), I got an email saying they have received my documents (this is the ADR on relationship questionnaire they requested back in January). On Apr 13, medical status changed to You passed the medical exam (on the old IRCC account), a few hours later they sent the portal emails. These came from IRCC Etobicoke, (last time I checked my GCMS note, the file was with VO Montreal)

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Thanks. Nothing changes in the new Tracker or even the old IRCC portal.
My wife Eligibility & Background check still show Not Started
Even for me, Background also shows Not Started.
There is no new entry in the application history whatsoever!

Basically, on Tuesday (Apr 11), I got an email saying they have received my documents (this is the ADR on relationship questionnaire they requested back in January). On Apr 13, medical status changed to You passed the medical exam (on the old IRCC account), a few hours later they sent the portal emails. These came from IRCC Etobicoke, (last time I checked my GCMS note, the file was with VO Montreal)
Thank you for sharing, I would imagine that it’s much easier and faster for them to send eCOPRs vs. RFV emails, so it will last longer in my case. We are in 29th month right now and 10 months since I added spouse.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Thank you for sharing, I would imagine that it’s much easier and faster for them to send eCOPRs vs. RFV emails, so it will last longer in my case. We are in 29th month right now and 10 months since I added spouse.
I just checked again today on the new Tracker:
- Spouse Background and my Background are updated to Complete.
- Spouse Eligibility is still Not Started
- There is a new entry in the history related to the change in Background Check status (dated Apr 13)

We also just saw the new COPR number in the new Tracker.
Hope you get a close on your case soon, this journey has been too long... We finally have some closure now

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
@baryonix did you get GCMS notes by any chance? Did you see what was your print queue number there?

My COPR was issued on 4-Feb-23 and my queue is PQ-COPR-6023-14 and I can tell you that we're 2.5 months now past since COPR was generated and RFV wasn't sent yet.

For the rest who didn't see my previous posts - from GCMS, CBSA and CSIS notes I can tell that all stages were passed and Security was passed on 4-Feb-23, so the only missing step is actually for the agent to reach the queue and click on the button to send RFV as he himself has requested it to be done in the notes. Also I can share that no webforms had any effect on my VO and I've sent at least 5 since then, even with screenshots of GCMS notes showing them that there are no more stages left to pass. They still didn't open the file and didn't click on the button to send RFV.

If all of us in similar situation could just share the timeline of queues and then actual date of issuance of RFV (or be it eCOPR for inlands), we could tell when our queue would be reached. Else there's no way to tell.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
@baryonix did you get GCMS notes by any chance? Did you see what was your print queue number there?

My COPR was issued on 4-Feb-23 and my queue is PQ-COPR-6023-14 and I can tell you that we're 2.5 months now past since COPR was generated and RFV wasn't sent yet.

For the rest who didn't see my previous posts - from GCMS, CBSA and CSIS notes I can tell that all stages were passed and Security was passed on 4-Feb-23, so the only missing step is actually for the agent to reach the queue and click on the button to send RFV as he himself has requested it to be done in the notes. Also I can share that no webforms had any effect on my VO and I've sent at least 5 since then, even with screenshots of GCMS notes showing them that there are no more stages left to pass. They still didn't open the file and didn't click on the button to send RFV.

If all of us in similar situation could just share the timeline of queues and then actual date of issuance of RFV (or be it eCOPR for inlands), we could tell when our queue would be reached. Else there's no way to tell.
I requested 2 GCMS note back in 23 March, I might get it before 23 April but this note might not up to the date of my Approval since it came only last week..
But note that we're inside Canada so I think we won't get RFV. We just got portal email to go and confirm our address and send photos for PR cards.

But i'll check once the notes arrive

Reactions: walnorez

tonisg18

Mar 1, 2023
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Windsor Primary, Manila Secondary
App. Filed.......
10-08-2019
Doc's Request.
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
07-10-2019
Med's Request
04-07-2022
Med's Done....
30-07-2022
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2023
LANDED..........
18-07-2023
Received RFV (PPR) today! After a call to Call centre yesterday, it’s a lottery to get through but it seemed to help :)

Yay! So happy for you! :)

Agree that it's a lottery in terms of their service queue... >_<

Reactions: walnorez

Himanshu6444

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hi everyone - any latest update?

Let me share my timeline

AOR: Dec 6, 2022
Informed immigration about marriage: January 28, 2023
Request for Documents: March 3, 2023
Documents submitted: April 2, 2023
Several ghost updates in between

Tracker says everything completed for both principal applicant and dependent, except biometrics for spouse.

Received BIL: April 13,2023
Biometrics completed: April 19,2023

Now waiting for further updates

TheDutt

Aug 28, 2020
Hi everyone,

Got our RFV on 1st May '23. (Timeline in my signature)

Thank you for all the help!!

Going to submit tomorrow in person.

Reactions: tonisg18

kkansaria

Jul 22, 2021
Hi everyone - any latest update?

Let me share my timeline

AOR: Dec 6, 2022
Informed immigration about marriage: January 28, 2023
Request for Documents: March 3, 2023
Documents submitted: April 2, 2023
Several ghost updates in between

Tracker says everything completed for both principal applicant and dependent, except biometrics for spouse.

Received BIL: April 13,2023
Biometrics completed: April 19,2023

Now waiting for further updates
Any updates bro ..

I had a question
what is the current processing time if I add my spouse after AOR . And also if I raise a webform submitting all the documents upfront with fee payment saying that I am married and want to add my spouse what would be the processing time including webform acceptance till the ecopr .