+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Aor dec 2020
Married in the month of may 2021
Notified cic in june 2021 via webofm
Cic requested to send documents via webform in july and sent immediately.
Got request to add spouse docs in the portal including all IMMS etc on nov 16 2021 and submitted on 10th of December 2021
Spouse details appeared on 14th of December 2021
BIL on 18th of June 2022
Hmmm... So it is scary to assume now that after douse appears in profile it takes IRCC 6months to grant BIL? This scares me.... And they are resuming all express entry programmes again today(6th July)...

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
@Naynah / @RSub It's been a month since I uploaded all spouse kit documents via the webform. No acknowledgement from IRCC. But I got a request letter again saying they are waiting for the spouse-kit and same problem no option to upload the documents.
Does IRCC acknowledge documents sent via webform? Any suggestions on what to do next? Should I raise another webform saying I have uploaded all requested documents?
Please help.
Yes they acknowledge receipt eventually (about a month plus). You can raise a Web form... I did that a lot and got several acknowledgements from IRCC.

Reactions: RSub

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hi everyone, this morning I finally received a message to send our passports for CoPR! However, my partner and I have international travel plans in 3 weeks. We're both in the US now. Does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes to get back the passports with CoPR to an address in the US?

My timeline so far:
Jan 2, 2021: AoR (FSW)
Oct 29, 2021: PPR, then I informed IRCC about marital status update repeatedly
Feb 16, 2022: Got add-on request email
Feb 25, 2022: Sent all documents (along with payment, upfront medicals, PCC) as 4 separate webforms
Mar 31, 2022: Got confirmation from IRCC about receipt and forwarding to responsible office
Apr 10, 2022: Ghost update
Apr 18, 2022: Received ADR to upload partner’s documents to profile
Apr 26, 2022: Uploaded all of them
Apr 29, 2022: Partner added to profile as dependent, along with the biometrics she gave for another visa
Jun 29, 2022: Request to send passports for CoPR!
Woooooooow...... I claim this speed (or faster) in Jesus name. Amen

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Please I will love some clarification from you with regards to the EE pool. My wife entered the pool as single but has to be withdraw her profile due to an error she noticed. However, her new profile was created when we had gotten married but her marital status was maintained as single. I want to ask if her profile can be edited to reflect her now marital status, do we need to create a new profile or wait till he has an ITA. Thank you immensely.
She may want to send a webform to correct status... But I believe in the application for ITA there's a provision for stating whether you are married or not. For me when I entered the pool, my Nigerian passport hadn't expired but when I got my ITA, I put the new passport number in my application and that automatically updated. Also when she's forwarding your documents after ITA I think the marriage certificates will be looked at.

As an aside, since marriage happened within ITA, you should note that your addition to her profile will see you also having her score recalculated. So it would be good to invest in having your WES evaluation of your educational credentials and having ielts done.

Wish you both a successful journey.

Jul 15, 2021
Nova Scotia
Category........
AINP
My timeline so far!
Inland Applicant NS
Date Applied: April 20, 2021
AOR: November 25, 2021
Biometrics: December 29, 2021
Spouse Added: January 11, 2022
Spouse Medical Completed: January 17th, 2022
Spouse Biometrics: January 19th, 2022
Spouse PCC Uploaded in March
Pre Arrival Services: 24th June
Medical Passed: 29th June
Received email stating PR has been approved: 4th July
Portal Request: 5th July

My Spouse is outside of Canada and I have replied the same to IRCC, how will my Spouse get an update now and how long does it take? Can I travel outside of Canada without PR Card and can come back to Canada as I have a valid TRV?

Last edited:

baryonix

May 21, 2019
My timeline so far!
Inland Applicant NS

My Spouse is outside of Canada and I have replied the same to IRCC, how will my Spouse get an update now and how long does it take? Can I travel outside of Canada without PR Card and can come back to Canada as I have a valid TRV?
Congrats on your journey!

Spouse Added: January 11, 2022 => is this when you informed IRCC to add spouse? did you send all document upfront?

My AOR Nov 17, 2020. 1 year before you and still waiting, IRCC is the biggest joke ever!

Jul 15, 2021
Nova Scotia
Category........
AINP
Congrats on your journey!

Spouse Added: January 11, 2022 => is this when you informed IRCC to add spouse? did you send all document upfront?

My AOR Nov 17, 2020. 1 year before you and still waiting, IRCC is the biggest joke ever!
Thank you, I informed them in November and was asked to send documents in December and they added my spouse in January.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hmmm... So it is scary to assume now that after douse appears in profile it takes IRCC 6months to grant BIL? This scares me.... And they are resuming all express entry programmes again today(6th July)...
IRCC actually started processing backlog applications post Feb 2022. If you see the trend, most PPR for outland applications came after Feb of 2022 when IRCC announced series of updates including today's draws. So don't get scared. 6 months may not apply now unless the application is very complex. I know few who got their BIL within 2 to 3 months and then PPR within 1 month after getting their Biometrics.

Reactions: maghool71
Jul 15, 2021
Nova Scotia
Category........
AINP
My timeline so far!
Inland Applicant NS

Received ecopr today but no information about the spouse, it only states spouse name and accompanying, Any inland applicant has been through this process?

Reactions: Naynah