+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Well happened to me as well that they asked me for wife's biometrics even tho she had it on file. However that was for visitor visa which was on file. So i went to give it back and later i read somewhere that it might be the case that you need to give biometrics for visitor and also a new one if you're submitting for PR.

Also, initially the portal showed the date when my wife gave the biometrics, howerver that changed and got updated to the date I gave biometrics. May be something to do with Principal applicant thing.
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. So your spouse did two biometrics, too. But it's just so strange that they sent the BIL two days ago and now my portal is updated with his previous ones. Anyways I personally prefer to just do whatever IRCC asks and in this case to do the bio again for my spouse. I just hope this doesn't complicate things.

shubham_bohra94

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. So your spouse did two biometrics, too. But it's just so strange that they sent the BIL two days ago and now my portal is updated with his previous ones. Anyways I personally prefer to just do whatever IRCC asks and in this case to do the bio again for my spouse. I just hope this doesn't complicate things.
I don't think that would complicate tbh. Also before going for biometrics i asked IRCC via webfrom which they replied with a generic reply. And BIL says 30 days so i didn't know what to do.

Reactions: maghool71

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Just curious to know if any of the applicants who recently received spousal BIL intimation from IRCC have Montreal Immigration as the primary VO ?

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Just curious to know if any of the applicants who recently received spousal BIL intimation from IRCC have Montreal Immigration as the primary VO ?
Mine is Montreal Immigration but never received BIL. Does your spouse's biometrics already appear on profile?

Jul 15, 2021
Nova Scotia
Category........
AINP
Hello everyone, I applied PR under AIPP last year in April, and got AOR in december 2021, sent webform that I got married and they asked me to send spouse information in January and dependent was visible in GCkey, medical and biometrics for both got updated in January and Spouse PCC took some time and all the documentation got completed in March and since no update.

So, my question in I’m inland applicant and there is some news that we will be getting work permit extension so can I add my spouse as dependent and will she get SOWP and she is outside Canada?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. It’s very difficult to manage long distance relationship and I know some of y’all are in the same boat.
Received Pre Arrival Services email, but Background and Eligibility check is still in process, how long does this take from here? Any idea guys?

Reactions: Knoxxavier

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Got this update from my MP-- so seems like my criminality and security are passed finally. And they moved my file from Ottawa to Edmonton. I'm happy, Ottawa was really terrible.

""This application was received 15 July 2020 and remains in progress at the IRCC local office in Edmonton
As a result of being processed at a local office, the application is considered to be “non-routine” as such, the standard processing timelines no longer apply.
The eligibility assessments are complete and valid
The criminality assessments are complete and valid
The security assessments are complete for the primary applicant and in progress for the dependant
The medical assessments are complete for the primary applicant and have not yet started for the dependant
There are currently no outstanding documents or actions required from the applicants""
Oh woow.... This got scarier

sanketshahane

May 20, 2022
@Naynah / @RSub It's been a month since I uploaded all spouse kit documents via the webform. No acknowledgement from IRCC. But I got a request letter again saying they are waiting for the spouse-kit and same problem no option to upload the documents.
Does IRCC acknowledge documents sent via webform? Any suggestions on what to do next? Should I raise another webform saying I have uploaded all requested documents?
Please help.

Reactions: Naynah

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
@Naynah / @RSub It's been a month since I uploaded all spouse kit documents via the webform. No acknowledgement from IRCC. But I got a request letter again saying they are waiting for the spouse-kit and same problem no option to upload the documents.
Does IRCC acknowledge documents sent via webform? Any suggestions on what to do next? Should I raise another webform saying I have uploaded all requested documents?
Please help.
I uploaded a part of my documents and I got acknowledgment after 1.5 months. You did your part IMHO.

sriram17293

Dec 1, 2020
Hi everyone, this morning I finally received a message to send our passports for CoPR! However, my partner and I have international travel plans in 3 weeks. We're both in the US now. Does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes to get back the passports with CoPR to an address in the US?

My timeline so far:
Jan 2, 2021: AoR (FSW)
Oct 29, 2021: PPR, then I informed IRCC about marital status update repeatedly
Feb 16, 2022: Got add-on request email
Feb 25, 2022: Sent all documents (along with payment, upfront medicals, PCC) as 4 separate webforms
Mar 31, 2022: Got confirmation from IRCC about receipt and forwarding to responsible office
Apr 10, 2022: Ghost update
Apr 18, 2022: Received ADR to upload partner’s documents to profile
Apr 26, 2022: Uploaded all of them
Apr 29, 2022: Partner added to profile as dependent, along with the biometrics she gave for another visa
Jun 29, 2022: Request to send passports for CoPR!