Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi everyone, this morning I finally received a message to send our passports for CoPR! However, my partner and I have international travel plans in 3 weeks. We're both in the US now. Does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes to get back the passports with CoPR to an address in the US?

My timeline so far:
Jan 2, 2021: AoR (FSW)
Oct 29, 2021: PPR, then I informed IRCC about marital status update repeatedly
Feb 16, 2022: Got add-on request email
Feb 25, 2022: Sent all documents (along with payment, upfront medicals, PCC) as 4 separate webforms
Mar 31, 2022: Got confirmation from IRCC about receipt and forwarding to responsible office
Apr 10, 2022: Ghost update
Apr 18, 2022: Received ADR to upload partner’s documents to profile
Apr 26, 2022: Uploaded all of them
Apr 29, 2022: Partner added to profile as dependent, along with the biometrics she gave for another visa
Jun 29, 2022: Request to send passports for CoPR!
Pretty close. See if you can push the travel.

sriram17293

Dec 1, 2020
Pretty close. See if you can push the travel.
It's for our wedding, so changing our travel plans seems unlikely haha. And we'll be back to the US after 2.5 months. Do you think it's okay to ask for an extension for 3 months? Is there any risk in doing that?

Reactions: Naynah

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
It's for our wedding, so changing our travel plans seems unlikely haha. And we'll be back to the US after 2.5 months. Do you think it's okay to ask for an extension for 3 months? Is there any risk in doing that?
You could ask. But what reason would you give? According to them, you are already married.

Teayii

Apr 17, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2021
My spouse was added to my account portal yesterday, and shortly thereafter, we got a request letter for his medicals. However, I had previously sent proof of upfront meds for him via webform and also directly to my portal in a mega file with other requested documents. Do I need to do anything else for them to link the upfront meds to the request letter? Thanks in advance!

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
My spouse was added to my account portal yesterday, and shortly thereafter, we got a request letter for his medicals. However, I had previously sent proof of upfront meds for him via webform and also directly to my portal in a mega file with other requested documents. Do I need to do anything else for them to link the upfront meds to the request letter? Thanks in advance!
Yes, send it again via webfrom and explain

Wolfband

Apr 28, 2022
Bahrain
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Passport Req..
25-09-2022
Would love to see more examples of people's timelines for the successful addition of spouses after AOR till the request for PPR during the year 2022. Would appreciate it if they can be shared to provide us with some insight on the current date trends :)

Our current timeline looks like this:
15-Mar-22 - Request for the passport (PPR) for the primary applicant before the request to add a spouse (wedding took place on 27-Mar-22)
12-Apr-22 - Informed IRCC about marital status and change of circumstance through a webform
31-May-22 - Letter of additional documents request (ADR) of spouse sent by IRCC including to pay the processing fees
23-Jun-22 - ADR documents submitted/ uploaded through our online profile portal with upfront medicals

02-Jul-22 - Awaiting biometrics request

Note: Just to add we are also an outland application

Last edited:
Reactions: Naynah and baryonix

Rotimi12345

Jul 3, 2022
Please I will love some clarification from you with regards to the EE pool. My wife entered the pool as single but has to be withdraw her profile due to an error she noticed. However, her new profile was created when we had gotten married but her marital status was maintained as single. I want to ask if her profile can be edited to reflect her now marital status, do we need to create a new profile or wait till he has an ITA. Thank you immensely.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Would love to see more examples of people's timelines for the successful addition of spouses after AOR till the request for PPR during the year 2022. Would appreciate it if they can be shared to provide us with some insight on the current date trends :)

Our current timeline looks like this:
15-Mar-22 - Request for the passport (PPR) for the primary applicant before the request to add a spouse (wedding took place on 27-Mar-22)
12-Apr-22 - Informed IRCC about marital status and change of circumstance through a webform
31-May-22 - Letter of additional documents request (ADR) of spouse sent by IRCC including to pay the processing fees
23-Jun-22 - ADR documents submitted/ uploaded through our online profile portal with upfront medicals

02-Jul-22 - Awaiting biometrics request

Note: Just to add we are also an outland application
Similar Timeline. Submitted the spouse ADR on May 4th. Waiting for BIL. See my signature for detailed timeline.

Reactions: maghool71

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
We have just got BIL for my common-law partner. This is the timeline of the spouse adding:
-23rd Dec 2021: notified IRCC about my common-law status.
-11th Jan 2022: received a list of documents from IRCC and I submitted them via webforms one day later.
-2nd Feb 2022: my re-medical exam was passed
-3rd Feb 2022: they acknowledged the receipt of submitted documents.
My criminality check expired and was followed by a long silent wait.
-6th July 2022: common-law partner added to my portal profile and BIL for my dear.

Such a tedious process. "Express Entry" my @$$!!

PS: I have double-checked and see that my partner's upfront medical exam also has been passed today! HOORAY!

Last edited:

baryonix

May 21, 2019
We have just got BIL for my common-law partner. This is the timeline of the spouse adding:
-23rd Dec 2021: notified IRCC about my common-law status.
-11th Jan 2022: received a list of documents from IRCC and I submitted them via webforms one day later.
-2nd Feb 2022: my re-medical exam was passed
-3rd Feb 2022: they acknowledged the receipt of submitted documents.
My criminality check expired and was followed by a long silent wait.
-6th July 2022: common-law partner added to my portal profile and BIL for my dear.

Such a tedious process. "Express Entry" my @$$!!

PS: I have double-checked and see that my partner's upfront medical exam also has been passed today! HOORAY!
How do you know your spouse medical has passed?