+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding New born Baby after submitting the PR Application

A1tech

Jan 16, 2020
Hello people,

Need some help. We have received re-medicals to be done for all.
Wife is 25 weeks pregnant now and we have got an appointment 2 weeks later.
What should we do, as x-ray will be differed for her till she delivers. There is no information or clarity in this case. We are worried that if we miss this clearance done by IRCC now, process will be delayed by another year.

Kindly suggest if anyone has gone through similar situation.

MinaaySangha

Star Member
Feb 11, 2022
Hello people,

Need some help. We have received re-medicals to be done for all.
Wife is 25 weeks pregnant now and we have got an appointment 2 weeks later.
What should we do, as x-ray will be differed for her till she delivers. There is no information or clarity in this case. We are worried that if we miss this clearance done by IRCC now, process will be delayed by another year.

Kindly suggest if anyone has gone through similar situation.
Hi, I was 38 weeks pregnant and only recently done my x Ray along with my newborns upfront medical.

I received re medical request on 3rd March and went for medical on 14th march and deferred x ray. Had my son 28th March and booked x Ray and his medical 3rd May. Passed 7th May.

Now waiting. Hope this helps!
My AOR is October 2020

A1tech

Jan 16, 2020
Hi, I was 38 weeks pregnant and only recently done my x Ray along with my newborns upfront medical.

I received re medical request on 3rd March and went for medical on 14th march and deferred x ray. Had my son 28th March and booked x Ray and his medical 3rd May. Passed 7th May.

Now waiting. Hope this helps!
My AOR is October 2020
Hello,

Thank you for the response and congrats.

I had raised a webform to update the medicals for me, my daughter and wife along with wife's deferral letter. But still no update on our profile.

How long did it take for your update and what was the status shown, as for medicals it is a common status shown for the profile. Was there any communication from ircc during the wait.

AOR June 2020
Remedicals done on 17 May 2022

MinaaySangha

Star Member
Feb 11, 2022
Hello,

Thank you for the response and congrats.

I had raised a webform to update the medicals for me, my daughter and wife along with wife's deferral letter. But still no update on our profile.

How long did it take for your update and what was the status shown, as for medicals it is a common status shown for the profile. Was there any communication from ircc during the wait.

AOR June 2020
Remedicals done on 17 May 2022
Congratulations to you also.

In the portal once the date had passed - it was something along the lines of "we have still have not received your medical." I notified IRCC via webform that I had done my medicals without an x Ray due to being pregnant and they replied a week later stating to continue to do medical and to do the x Ray as soon as I could and to contact them again to add my baby.

On May 3rd I did my x Ray and I seen a ghost update on a Saturday and the status had changed and therefore it was updated 4 days later. Following that, I had sent a webform to add my newborn and he was added 10 days later. I did receive ADRs in February which were IMM5406 and IMM5669.

Reactions: A1tech

sumeetbarua1380

Dec 5, 2020
Hi friends,

We have already applied PR application with IRCC with our CSQ for a family of 3. Now we have an additional dependent born.
Do we need to reapply for a fresh CSQ?

Goutham_Shibu

May 5, 2022
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/adding-new-born-baby-after-submitting-the-pr-application.580233/post-8790782

Docs list:
  1. LOE / Cover letter
  2. Processing Fee for the child receipt
  3. Photo of the child
  4. Form IMM008 for the Primary Applicant. Fill it in a computer, validate it, print it and sign it by black pen.
  5. IMM5406 for Primary applicant and Secondary applicant. IMM5406 needs to be filled in English and as well as your mother tongue. So, two copies of IMM5406 for each applicant - one in English and one in mother tongue. Fill it with a pen, print and sign by a black pen.
  6. BC of the child
  7. Passport of the child
  8. Marriage Certificate
  9. Medical certificate of the child
  10. Updated Proof of funds for three family members
Referring to the sentence "IMM 5406 for each applicant" -
1. for dependent child IMM 5406 needs to be filled by me ( principal applicant ) and my spouse ?
2. What should I enter in the section APPLICANT in IMM 5406 when a) I am filling the form and b) when my spouse is filling the form ?

nithin.canada

Feb 24, 2019
Hi Friends,

Today I got a request letter in the portal to add my new born in the application. They have asked for 4 documents (Fee, Birth Certificate, IMM0008 & IMM5406) and I can see 3 placeholders (BC, IMM0008 & IMM5406) in the portal. But in the letter it also says to send these docs to the High Commission, immigration section, New Delhi.
1. Is it normal to send the docs directly to the immigration office as well as upload it in the portal?
2. Is it ok if I merge the fee receipt pdf with the one of the other documents I will be uploading since, I see only 3 placeholders?

The document says,

"

All requested documents must be submitted via the upload portals within your MyCIC account.

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.

PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section

"

Last edited:
Reactions: coolcham

Deep Ggn

Jul 7, 2022
Hi Friends,

Today I got a request letter in the portal to add my new born in the application. They have asked for 4 documents (Fee, Birth Certificate, IMM0008 & IMM5406) and I can see 3 placeholders (BC, IMM0008 & IMM5406) in the portal. But in the letter it also says to send these docs to the High Commission, immigration section, New Delhi.
1. Is it normal to send the docs directly to the immigration office as well as upload it in the portal?
2. Is it ok if I merge the fee receipt pdf with the one of the other documents I will be uploading since, I see only 3 placeholders?

The document says,

"

All requested documents must be submitted via the upload portals within your MyCIC account.

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.

PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section

"
Hi Nithin,
Any update, I am also in the same boat

kevran32

Jan 9, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon and others, I am jan 2020 AOR. I recently got RVF email (March 2022) but then my newborn was not added to the application. So, I informed IRCC about it and finally received the request letter on April 17, 2022 and a week later my newborn was added to my application, I am assuming he was added as I can see his name along with the UCI number on my profile. But since then there is no movement at all, after going through a lot of posts is forum, I have seen that some applicants are getting new "RVF" email within weeks after adding their new born. So, is this normal? I contacted them via webforms as well as called the call center but the response was generic, in the line of I have to be patience. It has been more than 2 and half years, so the wait has been excrucitaing. Any idea to speed up the process? or how long will it take from now?

A1tech

Jan 16, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon and others, I am jan 2020 AOR. I recently got RVF email (March 2022) but then my newborn was not added to the application. So, I informed IRCC about it and finally received the request letter on April 17, 2022 and a week later my newborn was added to my application, I am assuming he was added as I can see his name along with the UCI number on my profile. But since then there is no movement at all, after going through a lot of posts is forum, I have seen that some applicants are getting new "RVF" email within weeks after adding their new born. So, is this normal? I contacted them via webforms as well as called the call center but the response was generic, in the line of I have to be patience. It has been more than 2 and half years, so the wait has been excrucitaing. Any idea to speed up the process? or how long will it take from now?
Did you do the medicals upfront or did they send a medical form after adding your new born.

p.s I can understand the frustration, our AOR is Jun 2020 and seeing many 2021 AORs getting processed in 6 months also doesn't help.

har_nav

Aug 7, 2017
It seems there's delay in processing applications 2019 AOR or addition of new family members. I'm Sept 2019 AOR. Submitted remedicals in Jan 2022 after receiving request from IRCC. Waiting since then... I received my 1st PPR in Mar 2020.

• Sad
Reactions: kevran32

kevran32

Jan 9, 2020
Did you do the medicals upfront or did they send a medical form after adding your new born.

p.s I can understand the frustration, our AOR is Jun 2020 and seeing many 2021 AORs getting processed in 6 months also doesn't help.
I went for the upfront medicals. Looks like the issue was that I didn't pay for the processing fees for the dependent child as I received the ADR for the same yesterday. I thought processing fees are not required for non-accompanying dependent child but I was wrong it seems.