+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding a child after PPR

roy0121

Aug 6, 2018
Did CIC acknowledge the processing of newborn? As your PPR would have expired by now, did they advise you to not to send the passports?
Yes. CIC acknowledge I would like to add my new born baby to the PR application.

Actually I am in IP2 stage, yet PPR.

Tehseen_aslam

Jan 18, 2018
@roy0121 Can you please share your steps. Also, you said CIC confirmed you not to submit the passports, how did they inform you?

I am almost in a similar situation. Here is what I did.
1- AOR is 29th Apr. Xray of my wife was deferred because of her pregnancy.
2- We were blessed with a baby boy on 9th August 2018. At that time I was in IP1 without medical passed.
3- On 15th September, I was able to arrange all the documents of the child such as the birth certificate, passport, photo, fee payment. So I went to the same medical center and asked for his upfront medical. Also, I completed my wife's x-ray.
4- I raised an IRCC CSE web form on the same night to inform the birth and provided birth cert, passport, photo, fee receipt, and medical of the child.
5- On 18th September my status changed to Medical Passed. On 20th September the status changed to IP2.
6- On 25th September I received the PPR, yet there was no reply for the CSE web form.
7- On the same day, I wrote back to London Visa office about the birth and the Web form that I had already raised. I attached the same documents with the email. There was an auto-reply that they would get back in 28 days.
8- On 28th September I received an email from CIC in reply to my Web Form that they have forwarded my documents to London Visa office and they advised to contact the LVO directly also. Since I had already emailed them so I didn't write them again.

Now its 15 days past of the PPR and I am not sure what next to do. I don't want PPR to expire before getting any reply from LVO.

Saidkhan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
AHMEDABAD, INDIA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Nomination.....
04-03-2018
GIve me 24 hours, I can get an answer for you. Try contacting me after 24 hours
Hi buddy,

I am in a situation, Received PPR on 21 July, after CSE i added all the required docs on 29 july, got medical request on 25th Aug and provided same on 28th Aug, Noting since then more than 2.5 months wait.

What to do next, in dilemma, can you help please?.

roy0121

Aug 6, 2018
@roy0121 Can you please share your steps. Also, you said CIC confirmed you not to submit the passports, how did they inform you?

I am almost in a similar situation. Here is what I did.
1- AOR is 29th Apr. Xray of my wife was deferred because of her pregnancy.
2- We were blessed with a baby boy on 9th August 2018. At that time I was in IP1 without medical passed.
3- On 15th September, I was able to arrange all the documents of the child such as the birth certificate, passport, photo, fee payment. So I went to the same medical center and asked for his upfront medical. Also, I completed my wife's x-ray.
4- I raised an IRCC CSE web form on the same night to inform the birth and provided birth cert, passport, photo, fee receipt, and medical of the child.
5- On 18th September my status changed to Medical Passed. On 20th September the status changed to IP2.
6- On 25th September I received the PPR, yet there was no reply for the CSE web form.
7- On the same day, I wrote back to London Visa office about the birth and the Web form that I had already raised. I attached the same documents with the email. There was an auto-reply that they would get back in 28 days.
8- On 28th September I received an email from CIC in reply to my Web Form that they have forwarded my documents to London Visa office and they advised to contact the LVO directly also. Since I had already emailed them so I didn't write them again.

Now its 15 days past of the PPR and I am not sure what next to do. I don't want PPR to expire before getting any reply from LVO.
Hi Tehseen_aslam,

My situation is a bit different from you as I am in IP2 stage now so I am not requested to submit my passport.

Tehseen_aslam

Jan 18, 2018
@TMMJR
My child is added to the application and they sent a request for his medical however, i had done my child's upfront medical earlier and sent them the form that i received from medical center.
What i should i do now. Should i send them the medixal form again bexause based on their request i have to pay again to the clinic..

bharath.kv

Jul 12, 2017
Does CIC ask for additional proof of funds, while adding a new born child, to our PR application after getting COPR ?

read4u

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Dubai, UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-08-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Hi Guys!! Need some advice regarding adding new born after getting PPR email. We got our PR email today. Our daughter was born in the first week of this month and I had gotten all her paperwork in order and submitted the same by raising a CSE to CIC on 19 January 2019. I still have not received a reply from there end. But I did receive the golden email today.

Based on the PR email they had mentioned that I should inform my local VO which in my case if Abu Dhabi for change in family composition. I did the same sent an email to them today itself with all the supporting docs mentioned in this thread. Now I have a few questions:-

1) How long will the VO take to comeback and add my daughter details to our application?
2) What will happen to the 30 days deadline mentioned in the email for submission of Passport? Will this get automatically extended if I don't receive a reply from the VO in time.
3) Do I need to provide proof of funds supporting again as in my initial application I had already shown more than CAD 35,000 in funds which easily covers for all three of us?

is82pk

Jan 11, 2018
Hi Guys!! Need some advice regarding adding new born after getting PPR email. We got our PR email today. Our daughter was born in the first week of this month and I had gotten all her paperwork in order and submitted the same by raising a CSE to CIC on 19 January 2019. I still have not received a reply from there end. But I did receive the golden email today.

Based on the PR email they had mentioned that I should inform my local VO which in my case if Abu Dhabi for change in family composition. I did the same sent an email to them today itself with all the supporting docs mentioned in this thread. Now I have a few questions:-

1) How long will the VO take to comeback and add my daughter details to our application?
2) What will happen to the 30 days deadline mentioned in the email for submission of Passport? Will this get automatically extended if I don't receive a reply from the VO in time.
3) Do I need to provide proof of funds supporting again as in my initial application I had already shown more than CAD 35,000 in funds which easily covers for all three of us?
1. It depends on your visa office and varies from a few days to a few months. For me (London visa office) it took 15 days after I sent them the documents to add my newborn to the application and another 48 days to issue the second PPR.
2. Once you inform the visa office about the change, the deadline doesn't matter as they'll send you another letter after the change request is completed.
3. If your funds are sufficient to cover for the newborn, no need. My case was same, I already had sufficient funds and didn't send them the updated bank statements and they never asked.

Hope this answers your questions. Wish you all the best and congrats for your newborn!

read4u

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Dubai, UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-08-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
1. It depends on your visa office and varies from a few days to a few months. For me (London visa office) it took 15 days after I sent them the documents to add my newborn to the application and another 48 days to issue the second PPR.
2. Once you inform the visa office about the change, the deadline doesn't matter as they'll send you another letter after the change request is completed.
3. If your funds are sufficient to cover for the newborn, no need. My case was same, I already had sufficient funds and didn't send them the updated bank statements and they never asked.

Hope this answers your questions. Wish you all the best and congrats for your newborn!
Hi is82pk

Thank you for the reply.

But considering its with ADVO. They are quite well know to be slow in processing requests.

I will now just have to wait for them to do the needful. I hope they do it sooner rather than later.

jen07

May 15, 2019
Hi! can i also seek some help,
In our case we already have pur visa that will expire on January 2020, our initial pla is to give birth to Canada but recently, my pregnancy became highrisk, and there is a big chance of giving birth here in the philippines., we understood that we nee dro return our visas but we dont know the process, where to submit, and the requirements to forward, is it via email?

pls help us.,

Danq123

May 7, 2019
I would really appreciate if you could please guide me as I am facing some issue post PPR in my express entry ( FSW) application.

I received my PPR on Monday, the 9th of September and I have 30 days to submit my passport.

I am married and was blessed with a child in the month of March 2019. I had informed Ircc many times about this, but still, the newborn has not been updated in my online portal as a dependent. I also informed them about newborn post PPR, but it seems they hardly respond to web forms and emails. ( ndvo)

My wife and newborn are not accompanying me. Shall I still submit my passport for visa as i have just 30 days for submission? please advice?

Reactions: faranshakeel

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
I would really appreciate if you could please guide me as I am facing some issue post PPR in my express entry ( FSW) application.

I received my PPR on Monday, the 9th of September and I have 30 days to submit my passport.

I am married and was blessed with a child in the month of March 2019. I had informed Ircc many times about this, but still, the newborn has not been updated in my online portal as a dependent. I also informed them about newborn post PPR, but it seems they hardly respond to web forms and emails. ( ndvo)

My wife and newborn are not accompanying me. Shall I still submit my passport for visa as i have just 30 days for submission? please advice?
Hi
Were you able to figure this out?