Add Spouse To PR Application which is currently in Processing

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
hey guys,
did u find anything regarding IMM0008,because i am also in same situation. my Pr app is in process and now i got married and want to add apouse in my app. do i need to fill this from separately for my spouse or just update from my side as principal applicant.
thanks for considering.

Hello, did tou got any update reageding your pr after adding your wife??

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
hi is there anyone here who has applied for permanent residency under economic class, got married after applying ,AND SPOUSE WHO IS ALREADY IN CANADA AND SHE HAS ALSO APPLIED FOR PR UNDER ECONOMIC CLASS ???
i would like to keep files separate i just want to inform them change in marital status how do i do it ??
thank you in advance
Just update the status by IRCC web forum like saying your got married etc.. they will ask your to submit documens if not you can call cic and ask required documents and they will email you.

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Hello my people, pls i received dis msg from CIC Accra Visa Office after i notified them that i got married just of recent;

Hello,

In order to add your spouse to the application, you are required to submit the following:
1-New IMM008 listing your spouse;
2-New IMM5406;
3-Copy of marriage certificate;
4-Schedule A for spouse;
5-Police clearance certificate for all countries where resided for more than 6 months;
6-Copy of passport bio page for spouse;
7-Copies of all historical identity documents – such as birth certificate issued shortly after birth, WAEC, etc;
8-Evidence of relationship such as - but not limited to - pictures of wedding ceremony, evidence of joint assets and cohabitation, etc;
9-Newly issued passport if spouse intends to take married surname.

Please submit the above within 60 days.

Regards,

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (SAA)
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghanam
Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

Pls i hav 2 Questions here abt the required documents;
Q.1
. From the documents required, i did not see anything like receipt of payment of 550 canadian dollars and d 490 canadian dollars, my concern now is that do i need to make all these payments and send everything together?
Q.2. Pls after i hav finish fillng all these forms and gotten all the required documents, should i mail them the way in informed them about the chang in my marital status, or i should send everything through couriers to IRCC Sidney in Canada.
Pls i need assistance

Your got to pay online there is a online pay site check this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

After paying take a soft copy and attach it t IRCC WEb forum.

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Thanks for your quick reply , AEE11 .

So you are saying all forms ( IMM008, IMM5406- Family Info, IMM 5669 Back Ground Dec) need to refilled by me with updated information (about spouse)? I do not need any forms filled and signed by my spouse?

And while updating IMM008, there ques no 3 about - How many members including you, in your application?
So I should say 2

And also pay both fees for my spouse upfront?
Hey hammer, did gt your pr?? After addinf your wife to pr file?

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Hi Guys,

I would like to add my wife to my PR application. I submitted my application in August 2014.

I called CIC recently and told them that I got married and asked what documents do I need to submit to CIC for my wife they sent me email to submit below documents:

•A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,

For this document I see that first data is about principal applicant and in dependant section I have to enter spouse details. What are the supporting documents for IMM 0008? I don't see anything in Guide for this application

•(If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,

I already submitted IMM 5669 for me (primary applicant) when I sent the application, now should I need to just submit one for my spouse?

•(If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,

Should I fill this form with my spouse details because in the guide to fill this application form it says that on behalf of each of your dependants not included in the Generic Application Form for Canada(IMM 0008), I'm little confused when it said Not Included in IMM 0008.

in the Guide to fill this application form it says:

This form must be completed by:
•You, the principal applicant, on behalf of each of your dependants not included in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008).

•(If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,

Should I complete this form one for me and one for my spouse? If I need to complete one for my spouse, do I need to enter my name in the Applicant field in her form?

I understood both the below ones

•A copy of the family member’s valid passport,
•Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,

I think I have to send marriage photos, regular PR photos, birth certificate, and marriage certificate. DO I NEED TO SEND ANY MORE DOCUMENTS?

DO I NEED TO INFORM CIC RIGHT AWAY THAT MY MARITAL STATUS IS CHANGED TO MARRIED. AS THEY ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON AUGUST APPLICATIONS. I DON'T HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS IN HAND, IT MIGHT TAKE SOMETIME FOR POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE. WHAT DO YOU GUYS SUGGEST?

Please help me in completing this application forms,,, please
hello, I hope you got the pr long back need small help right now I am in your situation.

I already submitted IMM 5669 for me (primary applicant) when I sent the application, now should I need to just submit one for my spouse?

What you did for this. kindly please let me know. thanks

padhu.krish

Jul 31, 2018
Dear All,

I have been following up this forum closely and appreciate your discussion very much as it gives alot of clarity for many candidates.

I would like to seek your thoughts on my following scenario.

Points - 453

27/03/2018 - Received ITA
25/04/2018 - Made Payment and Submitted all documents when I was Single
17/06/2018 - Got Married and got the marriage certificate
18/06/2018 - Raised a case specific request using the IRCC webform to intimate CIC that I have got married with my marriage certificate attachment and would like to include my spouse in my application
20/06/2018 - Got a request from CIC (in message) to provide IMM5475 form
25/06/2018 - Submitted the IMM5475 form
01/07/2018 - My Status changed - Medical Examination - Passed, Required Documents - Not Applicable.
07/07/2018 - Got a email response to the Case Specific Request from CIC indicating that my marriage certificate has been passed to the case officer

I havent received any other information from CIC yet. My Medical test will expire on 18/01/2019.

My questions are:
1. Do I need to followup with CIC on anyother means ? via phone/Email?. If so, kindly provide me to reach CIC.
2. What will the general processing time from this point onwards tp include my spouse for me to get the PR?
3. Can I start preparing the document checklist for my spouse to shorten the turn around time once I got the request for additional documents for my spouse ?.

Looking forward for your feedback on my case.

Regards,
Padhu

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
My questions are:
1. Do I need to followup with CIC on anyother means ? via phone/Email?. If so, kindly provide me to reach CIC.

IRCC should contact you to request forms/information for your spouse's application.

2. What will the general processing time from this point onwards tp include my spouse for me to get the PR?

generally you can count on it to add a couple of months to your processing time.

3. Can I start preparing the document checklist for my spouse to shorten the turn around time once I got the request for additional documents for my spouse ?.

Of course! If you haven't done so already, you can get the medical exam and PCCs ready...

Reactions: padhu.krish

padhu.krish

Jul 31, 2018
Thanks alot Jes. Highly appreciate it.

One other question, Since my medical expires in Jan'19, do you think that both myself and my Spouse's PR will be processed before that ?

-Padhu

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hi did you receive your PR? I am curious to know the time they took, coz I am also in the similar situation. Please let me knw :(
Hi did u add spouse after ppr?? How long did it take for re-ppr? Please reply me as i just added my spouse after ppr

ajwadkhayaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Sorry for the late reply ....don't wait till you get reply from CIC just get all the below documents, fill them out and send it so CIC... sometimes they reply you sometimes they don't. I hope you sent email to CPC-CTD one informing that you got married. When did you submit your application. Call call center and ask them if the marital status is updated? You have any questions ask me

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP

If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:

ÿ Go to our Online Payment webpage.

ÿ Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed.

ÿ Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Spouse and Common-Law Partner in Canada Class” or “Right of Permanence Residence Fee”

ÿ Enter the number of fee payments (1) in the box beside the corresponding fee.

ÿ Click “Submit”

ÿ Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and follow the instructions to pay with a credit card

Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
Please attach your receipt to an email, with your application number in the title, and send it to the address CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais@cic.gc.ca .

2. Four (4) recent photographs of your spouse or CLP
The photographs must be taken accordingly to our specifications.

3. Forms
ÿ Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

ÿ Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

ÿ A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse or CLP

ÿ Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP

ÿ If applicable: A completed and signed IMM5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

4. Documents
ÿ Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate

ÿ Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport

ÿ If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate

ÿ If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate

5. Police certificate
We require an original police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries.

Please be advised that police certificates must be mailed in their original PAPER format. We do not accept scanned copies. This document must be sent via postal or courier service to our office to the address indicated below.

6. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:

· Engagement photos and/or photos of outings;

Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, including wedding reception and post wedding photographs;
· If your spouse or CLP is living abroad, please provide proof of your or their visits such as airline ticket coupons, used boarding passes, complete photocopy of all pages of your spouse’s passport;

· Evidence of continued contact such as phone bills, letters and e-mails;

· Details of the history of your relationship;

· At least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your common-law relationship supporting your claims;

Any other documents that you feel would demonstrate your relationship to your spouse or CLP.

7. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
How to submit the requested documents:
Please email all requested documents and information to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.
Original police certificates MUST be mailed to the following address:

Attention: Officer
Case Processing Centre- Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
======================================================

The link for online payment is:
eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
========================================================

Hi AEE11,
I had recently got married and intimated CIC about this and they've sent me the various forms. Could you please help me in filling these forms because I'm confused as to who fills what. The form IMM0008 should be filled with my details (the principal applicant) or my spouses' who I am trying to add? IMM5669e mentions to tick a box as to who is filling the document (whether the prncipal applicant or the spouse of the principal applicant), should we fill for both of us? IMM0008 DEP is same as IMM0008. Therefore what needs to go in there? Should IMM5406 be filled in by both me and my spouse?

I will really appreciate it if you can take some time out. Thank you very much in advance

Bello.Scott

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
========================================================

Hi AEE11,
I had recently got married and intimated CIC about this and they've sent me the various forms. Could you please help me in filling these forms because I'm confused as to who fills what. The form IMM0008 should be filled with my details (the principal applicant) or my spouses' who I am trying to add? IMM5669e mentions to tick a box as to who is filling the document (whether the prncipal applicant or the spouse of the principal applicant), should we fill for both of us? IMM0008 DEP is same as IMM0008. Therefore what needs to go in there? Should IMM5406 be filled in by both me and my spouse?

I will really appreciate it if you can take some time out. Thank you very much in advance
Hello

IMM008 - to be filled by principal applicant

IMM008 DEP- to be filled by dependents (spouse you want to add)

IMM5669e- Both principal applicant and spouse should fill this

IMM5406- Both principal applicant and spouse should fill this.

Note that you would need to sign the forms by printing then scan back to submit .

All the best

Last edited:

ajwadkhayaz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Hello

Note that you would need to sign the forms by printing then scan back to submit .

All the best
Thank you so much for the response. Also, where am i supposed to upload these forms? In a web form or is there any option to upload somewhere in my profile.

Also, for my spouse I've got PCC. Can i get medicals for her or should i wait for cic to request for it? Will she get a new IME number or can i process it with mine?

Initially i just applied with sufficient funds for myself as POF but now, CIC hasn't requested for proof for both of us. Can i upload her account statement for updated POF for both of us?

You're response will be really helpful.

Thank you so much

Aug 9, 2019
Hello

All the best
I am principal applicant and my application is submiited online and recently i got married and in that case do i need to still Submit IMM008 as pricipal applicant or IMM008 to add spouse as dependent suffice along with 5669 and 5406? Also any reason why principal applicant submit the IMM5669 and IMM54065 again when his application is already is progress? I would greatly help any responses that could help me in clarifying.