+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add new born baby to the PR Application

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Hi...
I received the answer from them in 40 days, but I had to write and remind them ...so finally received

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
f. Updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form (principal applicant and spouse)
Regarding the IMM5406- Do both the husband and the wife need to fill out their own form? That would be two copies of IMM5406?

When the dependent spouse fills out her/his IMM5406, does she/he list herself/himself as the principal applicant in section A of the form?

Maybe someone can address my confusion o_O

mansooreh.q

Oct 2, 2018
hi everyone. first of all i thank the admin of this useful page which has always opened a window to me whenever i stuck in a deadend through my immigration process.but about my problem:
i am horribly circling around myself for more than a month to realize what CPC office is responsible to add my newborn daughter to my process after my passport request.
I am living in Turkey and my husband is living in canada holding PR.actually i was passport request on december 2018, but i informed my local office in Ankara that i would deliver my child in the first week of Jan 2019. they replied that i need to wait to get the passport of my new child hen send a copy to cpc vegreville. after searching i found that there is no vegreville office anymore. i corresponded ankara again but they just told me contact cpc. and that is all . there are couple of cpc offices but which one i need to inform about my child. this has become a big issue for me. any one can help or has experienced the same?

sharms2019

Feb 12, 2020
Hello there,
We got Canadian PR in Feb2018 and currently residing in USA. We intend to move to canada in july 2020. In December 2019, we were blessed with a baby girl. I'd like to add my baby to our PR / sponsor her before we actually move to canada. How can i do this?
My answer to IMM1344E - Sponsorship eligibility - question 4 - Do you reside in Canada and no other counrty? - is "NO"
Can i still apply?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello there,
We got Canadian PR in Feb2018 and currently residing in USA. We intend to move to canada in july 2020. In December 2019, we were blessed with a baby girl. I'd like to add my baby to our PR / sponsor her before we actually move to canada. How can i do this?
My answer to IMM1344E - Sponsorship eligibility - question 4 - Do you reside in Canada and no other counrty? - is "NO"
Can i still apply?
No, you can't. Your PR app is closed and PRs can't sponsor from outside of Canada.

You need to be in Canada to sponsor her. Assuming she has an American passport, she can come to Canada as a visitor. Depending on the province, she may not have access to provincial health coverage until after PR.

Reactions: sharms2019
Jul 26, 2021
Hi Friends,

When we add our child in PR application (in my case my child is born in Canada) do I need to add him as accompanying or non-accompanying? What document is required for a Canadian born child. I do not have Birth Certificate and Passport as my child was born on 6th July,2021. And my last date to submit the application is 28th July,2021 which is after 2 days. What should I do in this situation? Any suggestion help is appreciated.