+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Activating COPR - Flagpoling

TCK

Aug 13, 2014
SSG said:
Thank you for providing valuable information. Especially heads up on Proof of Funds.

I have a question. Which option would be better if you have US visa.

1. To flagpole and get the administrative refusal.
or
2. Actually go to US side shop, eat, spend some time and come back for landing.
I've never been to the U.S. side of Niagara Falls, so couldn't say I'm afraid. I suppose that would be a matter of personal preference really.

vsu

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TCK said:
I've never been to the U.S. side of Niagara Falls, so couldn't say I'm afraid. I suppose that would be a matter of personal preference really.
Thanks TCK. Did you drive down to Rainbow Bridge ?

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
What if I don't have any transactions since 8 months ago, can I show the bank statement I applied with?

lutr

Dec 23, 2015
Hi all!

Did anybody hear about arriving at the Edmonton International Airport to validate COPR? I'm planning to fly to the US and re-enter through Edmonton..

Any information will be appreciated!

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
ultra99 said:
What if I don't have any transactions since 8 months ago, can I show the bank statement I applied with?
They don't worry about transactions, they just need to see what funds are available with you.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
JK_CAD said:
They don't worry about transactions, they just need to see what funds are available with you.
thanks.

I remember someone mention that we need $4.5 in change when we go through Rainbow Bridge. Can someone confirm that? I couldn't find any instructions/procedures upon reaching the border.

TCK

Aug 13, 2014
We parked on the Canadian side and walked over the Rainbow Bridge (you'll need fifty cents each for the pedestrian turnstile). There was a lot of very slow moving traffic on the bridge so I'm glad we didn't drive across.

On the bank statement question - I don't know about recent transactions, but I do know that it needs to be dated within the last month or so. Taking an old statement probably won't satisfy the agent.

On the subject of agents - they did point out that they are not CIC, so have never seen an applicant's documents and might need to take a look for themselves. Which is why I'd recommend taking your key documents with you when you leave / land.

As I type, I realise that our approach (a day-out with a nice walk across the bridge and an hour waiting to be processed when you land) might be less practical for groups or families, so maybe bear the needs of younger kids or older family members in mind if you do the same thing.

vsu

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TCK said:
We parked on the Canadian side and walked over the Rainbow Bridge (youl'll need fifty cents each for the pedestrian turnstile). There was a lot of very slow moving traffic on the bridge so I'm glad we didn't drive across.

On the bank statement question - I don't know about recent transactions, but I do know that it needs to be dated within the last month or so. Taking an old statement probably won't satisfy the agent.

On the subject of agents - they did point out that they are not CIC, so have never seen an applicant's documents and might need to take a look for themselves. Which is why I'd recommend taking your key documents with you when you leave / land.

As I type, realise that our approach (a day-out with a nice walk across the bridge and an hour waiting to be processed when you land) might be less practical for groups or families, so maybe bear the needs of younger kids or older family members in mind if you do the same thing.
Dear TCK, thanks for your suggestion.