+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Account Locked! Please help

Aug 6, 2018
Hi,
I had created a new GC key and locked my CIC aplication to the same. And I managed to answer the three security questions wrong. Now the account is blocked and its been closed to 1.5 months. I have written to CIC thrice through its forms, but I havent heard back from them. Kindly advise what needs to be done. Can I create a new GC key and link my applications there? will that be a problem?

Last edited:

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Hi,
I had created a new GC key and lunked my CIC aplication to the same. And I managed to answer the three security questions wrong. Now the account is blocked and its been closed to 1.5 months. I have written to CIC thrice through its forms, but I havent heard back from them. Kindly advise what needs to be done. Can I create a new GC key and link my applications there? will that be a problem?
When did you contact cic?

AnniePahuja

Sep 4, 2020
Hello, I have applied online for my student visa using GC Key
I logged into my CIC account using Username and GC Key, however, answered the security questions incorrectly.
Got a message indicating that account is locked and cannot be unlocked online then I created a new account and linked my old application in new succesfully!
Can somebody help me to know that whether I get full access to old application in new account.
Will that be a problem that I have two GC Key Account

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hello, I have applied online for my student visa using GC Key
I logged into my CIC account using Username and GC Key, however, answered the security questions incorrectly.
Got a message indicating that account is locked and cannot be unlocked online then I created a new account and linked my old application in new succesfully!
Can somebody help me to know that whether I get full access to old application in new account.
Will that be a problem that I have two GC Key Account
Yes, you will have access as the application is ported to the new account and now associated with it.
Having two GCKeys is not a problem as the older account will now be empty.