+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying Spouse

aranjha

Mar 13, 2020
Hi All,

I'll be applying through CEC as I have 1 year of experience. I want my spouse to get the PR same time as me. There is an question on CRS questionnaire " will your spouse be accompanying you Canada". If I answer "yes" then Can I also submit my spouse (dependent) application along with mine as main applicant? OR You cannot do that in Canadian Experienced Class program?.
I have already checked our score meet the minimum requirement of last draw.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I'll be applying through CEC as I have 1 year of experience. I want my spouse to get the PR same time as me. There is an question on CRS questionnaire " will your spouse be accompanying you Canada". If I answer "yes" then Can I also submit my spouse (dependent) application along with mine as main applicant? OR You cannot do that in Canadian Experienced Class program?.
There is no spouse dependent application with CEC. Your spouse must be included in your PR application but can be accompanying or non-accompanying. If non-accompanying you will have to sponsor them which would take around a year.

Reactions: Tophele

aranjha

Mar 13, 2020
There is no spouse dependent application with CEC. Your spouse must be included in your PR application but can be accompanying or non-accompanying. If non-accompanying you will have to sponsor them which would take around a year.
Thank you very much for the response. So to sum it up We both can get PR at the same time if I go with accompanying and avoid the year wait?. And it does not matter that I am applying through CEC?. as I read somewhere that you can only use accompanying spouse option if it's not in CEC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you very much for the response. So to sum it up We both can get PR at the same time if I go with accompanying and avoid the year wait?. And it does not matter that I am applying through CEC?. as I read somewhere that you can only use accompanying spouse option if it's not in CEC.
You still have to wait for PR to be approved but yes no need to sponsor a spouse after the fact.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi All,

You answer yes.

You don't submit a separate application, she'd just be a dependant in the same application in which you are the main applicant.

It would be non sense to restrict married people to apply with their spouses via CEC, such restriction is non existent.

aranjha

Mar 13, 2020
but both w
You answer yes.

You don't submit a separate application, she'd just be a dependant in the same application in which you are the main applicant.

It would be non sense to restrict married people to apply with their spouses via CEC, such restriction is non existent.
Thank You. And we will get PR at same time right?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
but both w

Thank You. And we will get PR at same time right?
You become a PR the day you land.

If you're both in Canada your interview will be scheduled together, and yes, you'll become PR together.

If your spouse is abroad and you're in Canada, you'll have to complete your landing before your spouse is issued the visa and COPR papers, and then be able to travel to do the landing.

If you're both abroad, you'll have to submit your documents together to the embassy or closes VAC and your immigrant visa with COPR will be issued simultaneously, and you'll have to complete the landing together.

So the answer is really: it depends.
However, your will your application be approved together? Yes, either you're both approved or denied simultaneously.

aranjha

Mar 13, 2020
Will the PR processing time stay the same after getting ITA i.e. 1-6 months?. Or including dependent will prolong the process?.

Thank You

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Will the PR processing time stay the same after getting ITA i.e. 1-6 months?. Or including dependent will prolong the process?.

Thank You
I think you mean adding dependent to an existing application.

There is no way to know how long your application will take to process. The estimated time for processing will always be 6 months from AOR., just à 6 month countdown from when you applied. This is not realistic in most cases (either takes less or more time)

sidhi_baat

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
You become a PR the day you land.

If you're both in Canada your interview will be scheduled together, and yes, you'll become PR together.

If your spouse is abroad and you're in Canada, you'll have to complete your landing before your spouse is issued the visa and COPR papers, and then be able to travel to do the landing.

If you're both abroad, you'll have to submit your documents together to the embassy or closes VAC and your immigrant visa with COPR will be issued simultaneously, and you'll have to complete the landing together.

So the answer is really: it depends.
However, your will your application be approved together? Yes, either you're both approved or denied simultaneously.
Hi there, i found your answer helpful, quick question in my case...i applied under cec spouse accompanying. I am principal applicant...will i get my landing first and then her? is there any source website to get this information or was your case similar. Thanks in advance.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
You answer yes.

Hi! If my CRS score is lower with accompanied spouse can i not make it unaccompanied so i have quicker chances for an ITA?

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hi! is it not a different CRS score with spouse accompanied or non-accompanied even for CEC? I am CEC but i am thinking of doing unaccompanied spouse as i have better score alone then with accompanied spouse

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi! If my CRS score is lower with accompanied spouse can i not make it unaccompanied so i have quicker chances for an ITA?
You could. But is coming on your own what you're looking for? You would also have to be able to provide a pretty reasonable and convincing explanation as to why you're going down that path, otherwise, you might find your application being rejected.

Moreover, if you do manage to get a PR approved in such a manner then you'd only be left with the option to then sponsor your spouse which can be a lengthy and painful process.

So yes, you can.... but should you?