+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying Member, does it mean traveling together?

carlislewall

Oct 16, 2018
Hi.

My partner and I applied for a working visa, him as my dependent, we both got approved. During the application process I answered yes on the dependent form: Will accompany principal applicant to Canada?

However, we won’t be traveling together. I will be going to Canada next week and he’s going on Dec 2019.

Will I be questioned by the immigration officer as I’m traveling without him? Is it okay for him to travel after I’m there?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi.

My partner and I applied for a working visa, him as my dependent, we both got approved. During the application process I answered yes on the dependent form: Will accompany principal applicant to Canada?

However, we won’t be traveling together. I will be going to Canada next week and he’s going on Dec 2019.

Will I be questioned by the immigration officer as I’m traveling without him? Is it okay for him to travel after I’m there?
Principal applicant need to land first. In you case you are Principal applicant and you have to land first and he an join later.

Basically no problem for your case. you are good to go :)

Good Luck

carlislewall

Oct 16, 2018
Principal applicant need to land first. In you case you are Principal applicant and you have to land first and he an join later.

Basically no problem for your case. you are good to go :)

Good Luck
Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease