+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accompanying kids apply study permit

B Yeung

Mar 16, 2020
I got my study permit approved with 5707 unticking kids accompanying. Now I want to bring them to Canada with me. Should I apply study permit for them or what? Any one can share experience about minors’ study permit?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
If you wanted them to accompany you, you should have selected that option in the application. Now, I think they'll have to apply for visitor visas.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I got my study permit approved with 5707 unticking kids accompanying. Now I want to bring them to Canada with me. Should I apply study permit for them or what? Any one can share experience about minors’ study permit?
You cannot apply for a study permit for them.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Just an update, I applied study permit for my kids finally, both got approved. Hope Canada open borders to all SP holders soon.
Could you please please share when your SP was approved and when you you got your kids included and what steps did u take to have them included. How old are your kids?

Reactions: Fluffy87

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@B Yeung Would you please advise if applied any school for your kids as international student and submit LOA to apply study permit as adult?
You only need TRVs for children to attend school and they register as domestic students. Currently they would not be allowed to come to Canada without Special permission and proof that it is essential that they be in Canada. Given that most post-secondary classes are online that won’t be possible for sure.

viennay

Apr 25, 2018
You only need TRVs for children to attend school and they register as domestic students. Currently they would not be allowed to come to Canada without Special permission and proof that it is essential that they be in Canada. Given that most post-secondary classes are online that won’t be possible for sure.
What is TRVs?
Because @B Yeung mentioned his "5707 unticking kids accompanying" and he also said "same procedure as u apply your SP", thus, I am wondering if we need to submit "Letter of Acceptance" for kids' study permit?
Or, follow same procedure as our adult SP but without "Letter Acceptance"?
I am confuse, please help, thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What is TRVs?
Because @B Yeung mentioned his "5707 unticking kids accompanying" and he also said "same procedure as u apply your SP", thus, I am wondering if we need to submit "Letter of Acceptance" for kids' study permit?
Or, follow same procedure as our adult SP but without "Letter Acceptance"?
I am confuse, please help, thanks.
Technically children only need a TRV to accompany a parent and attend primary or secondary school. Some case officers ask for a study permit. It is unclear if any families will be able to accompany a family member especially if studying is online.

Sasin01

Feb 18, 2019
Hi guys,
Need some advise. I am an international student and have applied for SOWP for my wife and visitor visa for my daughter who is 6 years old. My daughter's visa has now been rejected asking me to apply for study permit. At the same time in my wife's case we have been asked to take the medical test again. Given below are my queries:

1. Is it a positive sign that they have asked for retaking medical test in my wife's case because they could have simply rejected the visa if they wanted to?
2. What is the chances of my daughter's study visa getting approved?

Can anyone with similar circumstances share their experience with us, it would really be great .

Regards
SS