+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accomodation

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Hello every1,

I need accommodation for 4 weeks in Brampton Ontario or near it. Any1 knows any website or anything which can help me in this.

Thanks

impatient_queen

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
expedia.ca, hotels.ca, igougo.co (this site searches a few sites at the same time, instead of re-entering your search criteria over and over again) hope this helps!

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-08-2010, USA PCC - sent on Sept. 1st
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-07-2010 (Sent to Visa Office on 21-07-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2010 (Rec'd PP: 16-10-2010)
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/bra/apa/

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/bra/sub/

Good Luck!

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Syedd, did you get your PP request???????????? :D

Good luck, try hotels.ca as well

kolibri

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
17-05-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-12-2009
Interview........
09-06-2010
Passport Req..
17-06-2010 (rec'd 05-07-10)
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010 (rec'd 16-07-10)
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
motel 6 in brampton - pretty reasonable price
But if you need for a month try craigslist. It will be cheaper than motel

Dayanara

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
AOR Received.
07-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-05-2010
Passport Req..
30-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
07-10-2010
The Howard Johnson in Brampton is probably the cheapest you will find, they also have monthly rates.

They have a notorious reputation for certain, um, visitors? (used to be called Rosetown Inn) But have since cleaned up quite a bit, quite a few of the guests that came from out of town for my wedding stayed there and said it was nice.

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
I stayed for 5 weeks at a private house in Brampton. The owner gives some rooms on rent, it is located near Bramalea City Center.

The rooms are available for rent both on long term and short term. If you are interested you can contact Mr. Shoaib 001 647 8368648 and 001 905 4588648.

M. Rizwan

syedd said:
Hello every1,
I need accommodation for 4 weeks in Brampton Ontario or near it. Any1 knows any website or anything which can help me in this.

Thanks

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Thanks rizwan for such a useful info. Infact that's what i am looking for . there are few questions i have.
1. is kitchen and wash room separate or shared ?
2. Will it be ok to stay there with my wife. I mean is it sort of family house or what ?
3. how much i m looking at to pay for 4 weeks ?

Thanks

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
I think there are 5 rooms on rent and they share a huge kitchen and two wash rooms ( small one on first floor and big one on second floor). I do not know how many rooms are occupied right now but last year there were 4 tenants. As all the tenants were working they mostly used to bring ready meals so kitchen was usually free and during day there was no one in the house except owners family.
The family of the owner lives in basement, they are nice people and the environment is quiet. If you are ready to compromise a bit on privacy than its o.k. other wise you should look for other options. I think you should call and talk to Mr.Shoaib he will give you better idea and perhaps he might help you in finding some basement near by. I liked the place as it is 5 minutes walk to City centre where you have access to shopping centre, grocery shops and above all Brampton Transit. The Mosque and halal meat shop is just at 15 min walking distance. I paid $450/- for one month and extra $30 for internet but that's was in October 2009.

And yes i know another family in same locality! let me see if their basement is not occupied then i will inform you through PM. but i will call him on Saturday if that's o.k. with you.

BTW mind sharing when are you planning to land?

Regards
syedd said:
Thanks rizwan for such a useful info. Infact that's what i am looking for . there are few questions i have.
1. is kitchen and wash room separate or shared ?
2. Will it be ok to stay there with my wife. I mean is it sort of family house or what ?
3. how much i m looking at to pay for 4 weeks ?

Thanks

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Syed, have a look at this website it might help you.

http://www.apnatoronto.com/classifieds/listing/156/BASEMENT_FOR_RENT.html

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Thanks a lot rizwan for being so kind and helpful.

I phoned mr. shoaib but he was not at home. his wife told me what you have just mentioned above so I think I will be better off waiting for shoaib to sort something else for me. as for 2nd contact, yeah that will be great if you speak to him and give me some details.

Could i ask where r u based at present ? R u immigrant to canada ? hwz things are specially jobs for an it guy. I live in UK at present.

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
I got immigration last year and returned back to Pakistan after completing landing requirements in October 2009.

A far as job market is concerned you should be prepared for some real struggle to start with. Canadian employers prefer local qualification and experience so most of the new immigrants have to settle with entry level jobs just to gain Canadian experience. If you have required skills then after gaining some Canadian experience you will make it to the middle management level position.

Let me share my experience with you. I am ACMA from Pakistan and before I went to Canada I had sent some enquiries to CMA Canada & CGA Canada to find out if they give any exemptions to CMA’s from Pakistan. The replies were encouraging and CMA Canada did inform me that I can get admission in Advance SLP stage on the basis of my qualification. When I reached their office in Toronto they informed me that I do not meet one condition which is compulsory for admission in SLP stage. The condition is to have at least one year Canadian experience. :eek: Now this is very tricky to get admission I need Canadian experience and to get Canadian experience I need Canadian qualification. ;)

Some time it is frustrating but it all depends on what your objectives are. I met some qualified professionals from Pakistan who were doing blue collar jobs at the same time there were few who are employed in their relevant field.

I think you should visit and personally assess the situation.

Best of Luck

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Thanks mate for sharing your experience to. I appreciate it.

I understand one feels really bizarre when you don't get a positive response out of your qualification and experience that you have.. I am in the same boat sort of as you I have spent seven years here in the UK and got my master degree in 2007. Now my big fear is that whether my qualification and experience is going to be considered in Canada or not because honestly speaking I can't start everything all over again right from scratch after spending so much time and money to gain what I have at present. I thought my qualification and experience will be recognised highly no matter where I go but after reading your and other people stories I think I should carry on my IT job here in UK and leave Canada for now like you did presumably.You think they will treat me as others based on what you have seen and experienced ?

In regards to landing requirement and the experience you had in Canada, Is it really important for new immigrant to stay in Canada to collect his PR card before he leaves Canada. Basically I am probably going to take 4 weeks off from my work to do the landing and stuff. So would it be possible to leave Canada and let my wife receives it in case it does not arrive within 4 weeks. Is it something legal to do ?

Thanks

universalmoe

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2009
File Transfer...
04-11-2009
Med's Done....
11-05-2010
Interview........
20-06-2010
Passport Req..
13-07-2010
From a Canadian employer's perspective, there is a big difference between education (and work experience) in the UK vs. Pakistan. I can imagine it being tough for MRS to get a job in his field in Canada as his previous experience/education was in Pakistan but for you, having a Masters from the UK along with several years of "western" work experience, I don't think it will be as much of a limiting factor. This is unfortunately the sad reality in most Western countries...where Pakistani and Indian trained doctors and engineers are driving cabs and buses. It takes real courage to start over like that...

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
I partially agree with what “universalmoe” has said but the fact is that the preference remains Canadian education and in these times of recession you will get hard time but your chances are brighter than mine.

One of my friend who is ACMA from CIMA(UK) was asked in an interview what is CIMA???? (imagine the height of ignorance keeping in view the fact that CIMA is considered as bench mark in field of Management Accountancy) after failing to get job for 6 months he contacted CMA Canada and applied for membership (as CMA Canada has reciprocal arrangement with CIMA-UK to grant memberships on payment of fees). Today he is employed just because he is CMA Canada (and not because of CIMA- UK)

Frankly speaking the Canadian employers have no idea of outside world, I think Canadian government should spend some resources on educating them rather than spending money on immigrants by funding new comers information centres and various multicultural societies.
You want to hear some more stories here you are,
I decided to join a CO-OP program which consist of 4 weeks class training about office work and then 3 months on job training (without pay) to get some Canadian experience and try my luck but the NGO which was offering this program asked me to prove my English language skills !! as i had 7.5 band in IELTS so I submitted my IELTS result but the reply was we only accept Canadian Language Benchmarks Assessment (CLBA) .... :-[ :p So the English language test from Cambridge UK is also not recognized in Canada .... ;) amazing isn't it !!! The lady who took my English language test was worst than me that's why I got 8 out of 8 in all three areas of test... ;)
When I joined the class I found that instructor in accounting was even worst than the accounts assistant i have in my office here in Pakistan ... ;) I do not know how he got the job ? Over here in Pakistan I would not have tolerated him for few hours .... Imagine the person like him instructing a G.M Finance how to pass a journal entry .... :p

BTW after all this experience i am also planning to return to Canada later this year as I have some objectives to achieve. So dear its all person to person and individuals circumstances . In my opinion you should assess your own situation rather than believing me or any other person, we can only narrate our experiences.

Regarding landing requirement, usually PR Card is delivered at your address (if you had mentioned it at the airport) so normally your wife can collect your PR Card but in the case of some discrepancy you might be called. If you are not available then they will not issue PR Card. In this case you have to apply for travel document at Canadian embassy in UK and travel back to Toronto to sort out this issue.

That's my understanding you should seek others advice by posting on some other thread.

regards