+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accepted as an International Student while waiting PR status from Express Entry Application

Engineer87

Feb 12, 2018
Hello.

I would like to ask if someone got accepted as an International Student to one of the universities in Canada, while he got an ITA for a PR, and his semseter may start before any feedback from CIC.

What to do in this case.. Shall I proceed with student permit and transfer it to PR when CIC replies..

Also what are the changes to be done to the profile, since an ITA has been already sent by CIC.

Note that my wife is one of my dependents in the Express Entry Application.

Anyone can advise

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello.

I would like to ask if someone got accepted as an International Student to one of the universities in Canada, while he got an ITA for a PR, and his semseter may start before any feedback from CIC.

What to do in this case.. Shall I proceed with student permit and transfer it to PR when CIC replies..

Also what are the changes to be done to the profile, since an ITA has been already sent by CIC.

Note that my wife is one of my dependents in the Express Entry Application.

Anyone can advise
What do you want to find out exactly?

Until you submit your PR application, it is approved and actually land as a PR, you're just an international student.

As of now, you only have an ITA which is pretty much irrelevant.

If somehow you get PR while you are studying as an international student, you should inform your school.

Engineer87

Feb 12, 2018
Thank you for your message.. So now I must proceed with the the study permit even I have an ITA in the express entry profile. I land there with a study permit and anytime CIC replies regarding the PR application I can change my status..Am I right or no? Any idea about my spouse? How can she can accompany me while I am on student visa

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you for your message.. So now I must proceed with the the study permit even I have an ITA in the express entry profile. I land there with a study permit and anytime CIC replies regarding the PR application I can change my status..Am I right or no?
Yes that's right.

Any idea about my spouse? How can she can accompany me while I am on student visa
I'm not sure of the spouse process, someone else can help you.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
There are no changes need to be done to your EE profile because your profile has not actually changed, you were only admitted and not yet enrolled and including such info is just speculation. You can proceed with eAPR, and you can proceed with a study permit as well in parallel with the eAPR. Assuming you obtained a study permit and are studying in Canada, Whenever eAPR is approved you have the choice to accept it and re-enter Canada as a PR or remain in student status. If you re-enter as a PR your student status will change at your school and maybe relieved of some tuition costs.