+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA + Member + Experience

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Dear Respected Seniors,

I have just few queries and will be very thankful for positive response.

1. I am ACCA affiliate and now going to apply for ACCA membership after three years experience (Mandatory for ACCA member). Is my experience count after membership or before membership?

2. If after membership then can I create EE profile without experience?

Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Adeel

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only things you need to do to create an Express Entry profile are as follows:

1) Do your English and/or French test
2) Use 'Come To Canada' tool to determine eligibility
3) If eligible get your Educational credentials evaluated

Note: membership of professional accounting bodies are considered to be 'designations' (not Diplomas' or Certificates'). You will not get any points for including them in your Express Entry profile as no organization will evaluate them.

Source: Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand and of CPA Ontario as a designated CA. My qualifications helped me get a job but for immigration purposes do not contribute to the points score.

Hope this helps.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
JoacRy said:
The only things you need to do to create an Express Entry profile are as follows:

1) Do your English and/or French test
2) Use 'Come To Canada' tool to determine eligibility
3) If eligible get your Educational credentials evaluated

Note: membership of professional accounting bodies are considered to be 'designations' (not Diplomas' or Certificates'). You will not get any points for including them in your Express Entry profile as no organization will evaluate them.

Source: Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand and of CPA Ontario as a designated CA. My qualifications helped me get a job but for immigration purposes do not contribute to the points score.

Hope this helps.
Dear sir, but there are many thread from which we find that ACCA is three years bachelor degree or Canada and assess by WES. Do u think that this information is wrong? if wrong then why?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooolideal said:
Dear sir, but there are many thread from which we find that ACCA is three years bachelor degree or Canada and assess by WES. Do u think that this information is wrong? if wrong then why?
Now I'm confused as on another thread another person told me he got his PR by claiming his CA as a diploma.

The reason I said this was the place where I got my Bachelors ECA; the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies told me they would not evaluate a qualification from a professional member body which is what the Chartered Accountants are.

Given this other posting may be I'm wrong.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
JoacRy said:
Now I'm confused as on another thread another person told me he got his PR by claiming his CA as a diploma.

The reason I said this was the place where I got my Bachelors ECA; the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies told me they would not evaluate a qualification from a professional member body which is what the Chartered Accountants are.

Given this other posting may be I'm wrong.
So its mean no correct information for ACCA..

If anybody have plz let me know....

Nemile

Jan 25, 2015
I'm an ACCA member and had my ACCA qualification assessed as a 3 year bachelors degree. So yea, you can send your ACCA documents to WES and they'll be assessed.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Nemile said:
I'm an ACCA member and had my ACCA qualification assessed as a 3 year bachelors degree. So yea, you can send your ACCA documents to WES and they'll be assessed.
Thanks. Please provide details which documents may I need to send to WES for evaluation?

Reactions: Nfongenj

Nfongenj

Nov 10, 2017
Limbe
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thanks. Please provide details which documents may I need to send to WES for evaluation?

Nov 5, 2017
You need to email ACCA to send your transcripts and letters of good standing to WES. Mention in the email the address of WES so they can courier it. Also you will need to send photocopies/printouts of your certificates which we recieve upon passing fundamental and prifessioanl stage. They need to be in colour. Courier them on the same address. ACCA will provide youa confirmation email and a tracking number so u can track the shipment

Reactions: Nfongenj

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
I recently got my evaluation done and it was equated to 3 years bachelors degree by WES. Just apply online on WES website. Then send email to ACCA that you need to send letter of good conduct and transcripts to WES with the reference number. They will send it to them. It appeared from the email replies I got from ACCA that it is a pretty normal practice. You can also request ACCA to send a copy of the documents sent to WES to you too via email for your records. From your side, courier copy of your membership certificate and the final transcript confirming all exams passed. Then just sit and wait for around 40 days in total to receive your evaluation by post. You will receive online copy much earlier though maybe in around 30 days.

Nfongenj

Nov 10, 2017
Limbe
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
You need to email ACCA to send your transcripts and letters of good standing to WES. Mention in the email the address of WES so they can courier it. Also you will need to send photocopies/printouts of your certificates which we recieve upon passing fundamental and prifessioanl stage. They need to be in colour. Courier them on the same address. ACCA will provide youa confirmation email and a tracking number so u can track the shipment
Thanks

Nfongenj

Nov 10, 2017
Limbe
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
When filling the application form on the WES website, should I create a separate application for my Advanced diploma and another for my professional level Certificate or just one for the professiona level and what