+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA equivalency through WES!! pls help.

Soniya Rejhra

Feb 19, 2019
I am also an ACCA member and hold BSc. in Applied accounting from OBU.

I received equivalency of 4 years bachelors each. You should receive 4 years bachelors equivalency too. The exemption part can be a problem while doing CPA as CPA requires letter from ACCA that the qualification was completed without any exemptions.

As far as getting evaluation from WES is concerned, in my opinion, you shouldn't worry.
Hello Rehana.. I want to ask a question. What "country of education"did you put while filling the WES evaluation form ? I have got ACCA and BSc from OBU. When I am putting Pakistan and Non university higher education option, it asks me to submit some secondary education certification from respective boards. Please answer if you have understood my point.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hello Rehana.. I want to ask a question. What "country of education"did you put while filling the WES evaluation form ? I have got ACCA and BSc from OBU. When I am putting Pakistan and Non university higher education option, it asks me to submit some secondary education certification from respective boards. Please answer if you have understood my point.
Country of education will be UK.

James_bk_fun

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Hi everyone,

I’m new to the forum. Thanks everyone who has created such a valuable resource!

Interested to read that the ACCA is validated by WES. I’d heard that they don’t access professional qualifications. Does this not include the ACCA then?

I’ve got an ACA issued in the UK, so very similar in reality. Does anyone know for certain whether WES can/do access these? I have a degree as well but am reliant on having ‘two qualifications’ to get enough points for express entry.

Thanks in advance for any advise!

Soniya Rejhra

Feb 19, 2019
You do not need to ask ACCA on what documents they need to send. They do it on regular basis and God knows whatever they have been sending, WES has raised no issues lolz.

Best of Luck!
Hi Rehan.. Just want to ask in case if you know what equivalency WES provides to Pakistani B.COM degree holders? Also what documents are required for getting the B.COM equivalency?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hi Rehan.. Just want to ask in case if you know what equivalency WES provides to Pakistani B.COM degree holders? Also what documents are required for getting the B.COM equivalency?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
not sure about b.com. but it should be enough to claim points under two bachelors.

Mar 7, 2019
Thanks for the prompt response. Appreciate it. I hope ill get through this verification process and some good news comes on my way as the tragedy happened with me when I had only 1 exam to qualify ACCA but couldn't get time to give and as per 7 years policy I lost my all professional exams one by one which I already passed.

Now I am planning to re-take all exams again but don't want to waste time and submit all my documents in parallel. Thanks once again!

Regards
Shoaib
Hi ,
Did you have your fundamental level evaluated by Wes and what was the result.
Please share.
Regards

Prospective12

Dec 26, 2012
Hi all, I have a question regarding WES evaluations. Can a letter of good standing from ACCA be as an alternative to a copy of the certificate? My CAT certificate was issued at the end of October but will take 12 weeks arrive!!! So, to expedite the evaluation process I was wondering if I can request ACCA to forward a letter of good standing, along with the transcript, to WES... Has anyone done this? If yes, was it accepted or did WES insist on getting a copy of the certificate?
Just want to update you guys...

So the letter of good standing did not work. WES insisted on getting a copy of the certificate. I received the certificate in March 2019 and faxed a copy to WES. My evaluation was completed today and CAT was assessed as a 2 year diploma! So with ACCA and CAT I can claim points for 2 or more!

Acca

Apr 9, 2019
Just want to update you guys...

So the letter of good standing did not work. WES insisted on getting a copy of the certificate. I received the certificate in March 2019 and faxed a copy to WES. My evaluation was completed today and CAT was assessed as a 2 year diploma! So with ACCA and CAT I can claim points for 2 or more!
Has anyone else claimed diploma points for CAT from ACCA?
I qualified CAT, then became ACCA Member. I am also about to qualify ICAEW in April through pathways exam. Can I claim double degree points based on CAT and ACCA?

Prospective12

Dec 26, 2012
Has anyone else claimed diploma points for CAT from ACCA?
I qualified CAT, then became ACCA Member. I am also about to qualify ICAEQ in April through pathways exam. Can I claim double degree points base on CAT and ACCA?
Yes! just get it assessed then you can claim points.

umrahmed

Apr 8, 2019
Hi,
I completed all papers of ACCA but never applied for membership. I have skills level and professional level certificates.
I was awarded OBU BSC Degree in 2012.

I have two questions.

1. Is only the OBU BSC degree enough for 4 years bachelor equivalency?
2. Would ACCA membership result in some extra points?

Appreciate your support.

Reactions: hkhusnain

raja787

Apr 15, 2019
Hello everyone. I have been following this thread for a while. I have passed 13/14 papers of ACCA. I only have Fundamental Level Certificate (F1-F9). I would like to know if someone got assessed from WES for the Fundamental Level and what equivalency did they get. Appreciate your prompt response.