+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA equivalency through WES!! pls help.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Dear All,

I’m preparing to get the assessment of credential through either WES or other regulatory body. Could anyone please advise me from which of my following educational certificates, I should send to get maximum CRS?

1. CAT (completed in 2008)
  2. ACCA – Fundamental Level (Completed in 2011)
  3. Advance Diploma in Accounting & Business (Awarded in 2011)
  4. BSc Hons in Applied Accounting – OBU (completed in 2014)

Appreciate to get response ASAP.

Thanks, Zeeshan

Just Bsc and ACCA. You need to ask ACCA and OBU to send these

Dec 16, 2018
Just Bsc and ACCA. You need to ask ACCA and OBU to send these
Dear Sam,

Thank you for your advise, can you also confirm as i know i would also need to submit the scan copies of the certificates to WES, should i include the advance diploma copy as well? I am bit confused ACCA fundamental certificate and advance diploma certificate is same or has separate worth each?

Thanks, Zeeshan

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Dear Sam,

Thank you for your advise, can you also confirm as i know i would also need to submit the scan copies of the certificates to WES, should i include the advance diploma copy as well? I am bit confused ACCA fundamental certificate and advance diploma certificate is same or has separate worth each?

Thanks, Zeeshan
You don't need to submit anything. Acca and OBU will submit.
It's the same

Dec 16, 2018
Could anyone please clarify that what NOC code should be selected, as i am ACCA part qualified (Fundamental level passed), i am currently working as Accountant but wondering if same title can be disclosed in express entry? Or should I choose lower category noc like book keeper etc.

Thanks

Atif Riaz

Dec 8, 2018
Hi!
My OBU transcript shows credit entry for F1, F2 and F3(completed CAT students get exemptions in F1, F2 and F3) Does it affect my ECA report for OBU?

Atif Riaz

Dec 8, 2018
I am also an ACCA member and hold BSc. in Applied accounting from OBU.

I received equivalency of 4 years bachelors each. You should receive 4 years bachelors equivalency too. The exemption part can be a problem while doing CPA as CPA requires letter from ACCA that the qualification was completed without any exemptions.

As far as getting evaluation from WES is concerned, in my opinion, you shouldn't worry.
Hi!
I am an ACCA member.
1) Does CAT route effects your ECA for ACCA (completed CAT students get exemptions in F1, F2 and F3)?
2) Does your OBU class of hons. (i.e 1st class, 2nd class, 3rd class etc) effects your ECA for OBU?
3)My OBU transcript shows credit entry for F1, F2 and F3(completed CAT students get exemptions in F1, F2 and F3) Does it affect my ECA report for OBU?

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hi!
I am an ACCA member.
1) Does CAT route effects your ECA for ACCA (completed CAT students get exemptions in F1, F2 and F3)?
2) Does your OBU class of hons. (i.e 1st class, 2nd class, 3rd class etc) effects your ECA for OBU?
3)My OBU transcript shows credit entry for F1, F2 and F3(completed CAT students get exemptions in F1, F2 and F3) Does it affect my ECA report for OBU?
Hi Atif.

1. No
2. No
3. No

Straight 4 years bachelors each for ACCA membership and OBU.

Best of Luck!

Reactions: Atif Riaz

Atif Riaz

Dec 8, 2018
Hi!
Rehan, Should I send my OBU transcript along my OBU degree too?
and again it shows exemptions for F1, F2 and F3 (CAT route), It does not matter? right

sarrahpatrick

Dec 9, 2018
Anyone here has entered the Master's equivalency as well as ACCA and OBU in WES? Will it be worth it? Or it should be just Acca and OBU?

Last edited:

AkaTol

Jan 20, 2019
Hi,

Please I am a non-accounting major - infact, I have a science background, but I am a qualified accountant (my country's accounting body), and I am currently writing the professional level of the ACCA. I have exemptions for F1-F9. Will I be eligible for the CPA-ACCA MRA? Please note that I have BSc, but not accounting related.

Thanks all for your timely response.

Tuts

Jan 20, 2019
Hello,

Please can anyone answer this. I’d really appreciate.

I have a bachelors from a uk uni which gave me exemptions in my acca.
I had all fundamental papers exempted (f1-f9)with only having to write the proffesional papers.
I’d like to know what WES will evaluate my acca with me passing all my proffesional papers.

RamshaSaud

Feb 3, 2019
Hi. Can anyone please tell me the specific email address/contact for requesting ACCA to send my acca afiliation certificate and oxford brooks university degree for WES evaluation?

Soniya Rejhra

Feb 19, 2019
You should receive membership certificate this month as per their practice. Here is what i did after registering with WES and making payment.

1. Go to OBU online shop and purchase transcript copy. This Costs GBP 15 and extra GBP 25 if you want DHL Courier Delivery. Otherwise they will send by normal post without tracking.
2. Once Purchase is done, email them at acca@brookes.ac.uk with a copy of your passport and order number alongwith WES address and reference number. They will dispatch within 10-12 days to WES.
3. Send an Email to members@accaglobal.com with your WES reference number and ask them to send your documents to WES Canada. They will do it in 10-15 days.
4. Send Copy of your membership certificate and OBU Degree yourself to WES Canada.
Rehan: I have a question for you. How did you send a copy of membership certificate and OBU degree to WES? Like by email or courier?